Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: TG and Mattel JLU another chance!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 am 
my tummy itches

I told TG about the Custom justice poll on jlu and this what he said: Great! Lets get more people interested and we can try to find a way to get these out!. So one last chance on custom justice and you don't have to be a member, but this is the REAL deal we are dealing with, so go to CJ and vote now if you haven't because every vote counts! Cheers! -kalibak :shock: :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post subject: Re: TG and Mattel JLU another chance!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am 
Collector Inspector

Never say die! Vote from your home computers, work computers, smartphones, etc! Enroll your friends and families to do the same! Announce this on the Save the JLU facebook page and forward it to all of your friends!

Toyman... Mongul... Vandal Savage... Future Static... you know you want 'em!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Could you post a link to the poll? I don't frequent that site. Is it available to anyone who wants to vote or do you have to join the site? If it ISN'T a public poll maybe someone should ask Toyguru to start one elsewhere.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm 
Collector Inspector

Try this:

http://dchallofjustice.com/news/?p=12543

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm 
my tummy itches

This is even open to non members and anyone at all can vote. Here's the link: http://dchallofjustice.com/news/?p=12543

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

tuning4k wrote:
Never say die! Vote from your home computers, work computers, smartphones, etc! Enroll your friends and families to do the same! Announce this on the Save the JLU facebook page and forward it to all of your friends!

Toyman... Mongul... Vandal Savage... Future Static... you know you want 'em!

So you want people to get people who will not purchase them to say they will or have people vote multiple times? Yeah, that isn't shady or anything......

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm 
Collector Inspector

I'm not asking anyone to release their tax information, discuss a string of extramarital affairs, flip-flop on issues or demand the state of Florida recount ballots until their number is one I'll accept. In the history of the voting process, I think my suggestion is fairly innocent if not standard practice :p

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

No of course not. It is only ment to screw the company in your favor, break faith with Mattel, and make them far less likely to listen to fans and line managers who listen to fans in the future. No problem, we won't want them to listen to use beyond this one subject.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

tuning4k wrote:
I'm not asking anyone to release their tax information, discuss a string of extramarital affairs, flip-flop on issues or demand the state of Florida recount ballots until their number is one I'll accept. In the history of the voting process, I think my suggestion is fairly innocent if not standard practice :p

Mrinvincible wrote:
No of course not. It is only ment to screw the company in your favor, break faith with Mattel, and make them far less likely to listen to fans and line managers who listen to fans in the future. No problem, we won't want them to listen to use beyond this one subject.

...And I know we've been over this 1000 times...
All this crap could be avoided if they would just put these sets up for a locked in subscription/pre-order. I know this wouldn't exactly suit the pick-n-choosers but Mattel's more concerned with people that will actually buy all of these. Make everyone commit instead of just taking their word for it. If they don't get enough subscribers then they don't go into production. I know Mattel doesn't want to spend the extra bucks on setting up this sub but it seems like a better gamble than making these packs based on a poll just anyone can vote on and then selling only a 10th of the figures that they need to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:04 pm 
Collector Inspector

And Mattel has been such a straight shooter with its paying customers?

:P

Calm down, new guy, I'm being sarcastic. While I am enthusiastic at this second chance, I'm not carrying out a ballot-box-stuffing campaign nor did I ever flat-out suggest it. although I am spreading the word which will hopefully inspire more interest from folks that DON'T hang out on the AFI boards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm 
Dog Squeezer

And just for the record, Stew has already contacted Toyguru and will be emailing him the results of the poll. This is real deal guys. Mattel is listening to this poll. Post the link everywhere you think it might be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm 
Collector Inspector

Did TG give us a deadline?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:42 pm 
Brand Manager

tuning4k wrote:
And Mattel has been such a straight shooter with its paying customers?

That’s the thing.

If Mattel had a history of straight shooting with the fans… and I thought of them as folks with integrity… I would vote Yes. And I would promote the poll, too.

But as it stands:

1. I feel like they are jerking me around.

2. I don’t get why they can’t just do the work themselves and post the question in their Facebook Page. (Honestly, why do the fans have to do all the work? And why not go to a place that gives them instant access to 16,000 collectors!?!?!??)

3. I don’t believe for a second that charging $50 dollars for the 3-packs is the only alternative available to them. (It’s probably the easiest option the Line Manager has on account that all the work has been done. But it’s probably not the only alternative.)

So basically... I wish you godspeed, but I refuse to play any more games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

*yawn*

This is *still* going on?

Wake me when it's over.

Peace,

Chip ;)

P.S. I agree with Ricky. Where's the "official real deal" poll on Matty's Facebook page? Sheesh. "Calling Captain Obvious! Come in, please!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:06 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Take a No Doze Chip.

Like everything else with JLU, it's up to the fans to do things the way they should be done. This includes advertising and letting people know where the line stands. chances are, this is the last chance JLU has to get the tooled figures out.

Oh and welcome back. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next