Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 75  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brave Bold Minis (Action League)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:39 pm 
ABS

that looks FANTASTIC!!!!

How many Young Justice figures does it take to complete that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

CJF28 wrote:
that looks FANTASTIC!!!!

How many Young Justice figures does it take to complete that?

12 of them

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 pm 
ABS

damn. Have no desires for the figures. but would love to get the HoJ to do the same.

Very sharp, sir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:45 pm 
Aspires to be #1

CJF28 wrote:
damn. Have no desires for the figures. but would love to get the HoJ to do the same.

Very sharp, sir

The figures probably wouldn't be too hard to track down online. The last 4 haven't really hit widespread yet. Or maybe someone is selling HOJ pieces on eBay. I haven't even looked.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

picked these babies up at TRU today

THey look all right-- although personally I still question Mattels design strategy for a young kids line-- half of the figures in a wave need a serperate piece of plastic to make them stand-- if you want to make them in action poses-- at least go the hasbro SHS route and make them molded with speed clouds, or weather effects or energy blasts... all we need is some young kid to swallow the plastic circle and kill the line...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:07 pm 
Aspires to be #1

That's such a meh wave. Cyborg and Cold are the only ones I'm interested in. The Aquaman head might be worth something too if I could get it on a normal Aquaman body.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:47 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Yeah, I want them, but I feel no sense of urgency.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:27 pm 
Displays Backwards

Man, I've barely even seen the last wave, I think I found it once at a TRU. And now a new wave? Crap distribution, for sure.

Those new guys weren't at my local TRU today. Almost nothing worth buying was, and it's a big store! :(

But I do like them - I thought Flashpoint was pretty cool, not great, even though I did read every single book.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:51 am 
Collector Inspector

Did the price on the 2-packs go up? I'm not sure, just wondering because I saw them at Walmart and they were like-- $8.88 or something. Did they used to be less ($6.75) or am I imagining that? Maybe I just don't buy these enough to remember.

These are almost impossible to find now but my Walmart got in the new sets (after clearancing them out last fall?!). The new sets being the Arkillo/Sinestro and one with Deadman and...I forget the rest. The Green Lantern 3-packs are sitting in the clearance section.

I might get the Arkillo set. Every time I'm SURE I'm not collecting this line, I then see them in person and I kinda change my mind because new Mattel toys so rarely show up. But they're only in a small percentage of Walmarts and TRU now, so I don't want to commit to collecting them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:57 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Does Captain Cols stand ok? It looks like he would be top/front heavy with the outstretched arm and the big gun attached. Also, who is the female metamorpho figure?

@Jlh, cosign everyone elses sentiments about the Hall. Great idea, looks awesome.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:42 pm 
Resin

funtime3 wrote:
Did the price on the 2-packs go up? I'm not sure, just wondering because I saw them at Walmart and they were like-- $8.88 or something. Did they used to be less ($6.75) or am I imagining that? Maybe I just don't buy these enough to remember.

These are almost impossible to find now but my Walmart got in the new sets (after clearancing them out last fall?!). The new sets being the Arkillo/Sinestro and one with Deadman and...I forget the rest. The Green Lantern 3-packs are sitting in the clearance section.

I might get the Arkillo set. Every time I'm SURE I'm not collecting this line, I then see them in person and I kinda change my mind because new Mattel toys so rarely show up. But they're only in a small percentage of Walmarts and TRU now, so I don't want to commit to collecting them.

I actually just returned home from my local KMart and wanted to let people know that I just picked up all 4 of the Flashpoint packs for $6.99 each. Be careful though because even though the sticker said $6.99, they rang up as $8.99. When I pointed it out to the cashier she just adjusted them to the $6.99 price. But it does look like they are raising the price since in the past the most I have paid at retail is $7.99 each.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Got mine today on a lunch run.

They only had 1 of each on the pegs so someone else beat me to the case. Luckily the paint apps were about 90% perfect so no worries there.

I like that Aquaman's legs are in a "swimming" pose, not a "running" pose.

Surprisingly, Element Woman is easily one of my favorites. Right up there with Cyborg and Captain Cold, which I didn't think would be the case looking at the pics and based on the characters usage in the storyline.

OK... gotta edit this a bit now that they are open and I have a chance to look at them a bit more closely ....

Aquaman still rocks. The "swimming" legs are such a nice touch. Really gives him more of a forward lean and he is truly in "action". His Trident is even removable!

Flash, the translucent "phasing" is a nice idea for a re-hash of this figure, HOWEVER, they only painted the front of his boots! No paint on the back (near his buttocks) and NONE on the soles either. Massive point loss for that.

Captain Cold is hands down my favorite in the line. Nice sculpt, stands very well, and, for me at least, really "gets" the character.

Cyborg, again, another great figure. Paint apps and sculpt are nicely done making for a welcome addition to the collection.

Element Woman is a wonderful set of paint apps. She really displays well. Surprised I like her as much as I do.

Wonder Woman is a nice use of the same basic body introduced with the "classic" WW, updated with a new head and costume bits. I don't care much for the design, but the figure is as accurate as needs be.

Batman, really, what do I need to say? Its another Batman figure. If they haven't gotten him right at this point, they won't ever. Except that they sculpted his stubbly chin, but forgot to paint it. A simple wash will fix it, but factory laziness loses points.

Superman, it's ... I don't know really ... This version is so far removed from the Supes that we all know and love, its hard for me to identify with it. I like the concept, not sure I like the execution. This will be one of those figures that my son will look at and decide he is a villain and team him up with Bizarro or something. Kudos for trying, but ... ultimately ... meh.

Well, there ya go. My post-opening thoughts.

I hope that Matty will make these nice, clear, basic stands available in large quantities on their site, but with their history, I don't expect it. 4 stands packaged for 8 figures means I am collecting them quickly, but it will always keep me short, even if the figures don't actually need them, I would still like to get more for uniformity's sake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 am 
Unbreakable

I HATE that these are out and not a single scalper has done me the favor of listing a set on Ebay. I've lost all of my local outlets for buying these.

I can't wait to add Captain Cold the the Rogues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:14 pm 
proverbial old fart

kevfett wrote:
I HATE that these are out and not a single scalper has done me the favor of listing a set on Ebay. I've lost all of my local outlets for buying these.

I can't wait to add Captain Cold the the Rogues.

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. No local outlet. The closest is in Tulsa, 40 miles away...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:42 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi bnjmnrlyr,
did you find flashpoint action league at a walmart or TRU?
Thanks,
yankeepasha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 75  Next