Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths discussion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:58 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I don't know if we can do this here, but if anyone wants my Starman, let me know. So far he's the only one I don't care about.

Edit:

Reserved for Van Statten!

http://scar1321.blujay.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:46 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I saw a couple of people on the fwoosh discussing Atrocitus' size again, and I'm wondering if I missed something. Did Neitlich say something about not using the Public Enemies buck recently or say that he'll be "Superman sized" again?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 pm 
categorically opposed

S. Griffin wrote:
I saw a couple of people on the fwoosh discussing Atrocitus' size again, and I'm wondering if I missed something. Did Neitlich say something about not using the Public Enemies buck recently or say that he'll be "Superman sized" again?

Nope. Nothing has been said other than that canned response that Danielle gave a few weeks ago about exploring using the Public Enemies buck.

The threads about this on the Fwoosh are just going in circles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 pm 
Collector Inspector

Interesting and enlightening, Toyguru is saying that Doomsday and Granny Goodness are not possible for the foreseeable future because they are 100% new-tooled figures and they can't do 100%-tooled figs until they do better with sales and 2013 subscriptions (see mattycollector Q+A's). I don't know if this is "news".

Bummer for any of you wanting those figures. But, It's interesting information. Will it influence people's decisions to sign up for 2013 subs?

Will there be the same intense campaigns to get people to sign up with Granny Goodness and Doomsday as the carrot?

My biggest want is Elasti-Girl and that should be pretty easy to do (Giganta). I'm not a subscriber, but atleast with this new info, I can expect she'll be made. Maybe.

Oh, and I need Jay Garrick. I'll have to try my luck on Sale Day. After that...The Metal Men. I need those guys. But I always saw them as being a lot of work, sculpturally. hmm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I'm not surprised that they won't have any 100% new tooling figures. They barely got that thing off the ground as it was and it's not like we're getting 12 new heads on a GL Hal body. We've already seen some pretty fantastic figures.

As for Doomsday, they'll probably re-release him in this Reign of Superman pack that keeps getting rumors everywhere and then in 2013 include a new version in the sub (assuming of course the sub gets another year with improved sales).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:16 am 
An Insider

j1h15233 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with an address change and having a sub? I'm hoping to move this summer and I don't want my DCIE sub to get lost in the shuffle.

I'm going through that dilemma right now. I sent Matty customer service an email asking the question, and their instructions were to cancel my subs and re-purchase them using my new address. Indicating they had absolutely no idea what we were discussing.

I guess I'll try the trick bnjmnrlyr proposed. I'll know the next time a MOTUC figure ships if it worked or not, and if it didn't I guess I'll make a phone call.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:25 am 
Aspires to be #1

Sean Whitmore wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with an address change and having a sub? I'm hoping to move this summer and I don't want my DCIE sub to get lost in the shuffle.

I'm going through that dilemma right now. I sent Matty customer service an email asking the question, and their instructions were to cancel my subs and re-purchase them using my new address. Indicating they had absolutely no idea what we were discussing.

I guess I'll try the trick bnjmnrlyr proposed. I'll know the next time a MOTUC figure ships if it worked or not, and if it didn't I guess I'll make a phone call.

That's the worst advice they could possibly give. If I cancelled the DCIE subs I bought I wouldn't even be able to purchase them again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:37 am 
categorically opposed

Yeah, I'm hoping that the "log in and change your address yourself" thing works. I just bought a house, so things are going to need shipped there from now on. Although, the current address I have on there is my parents', so at least they won't get delivered to somewhere where I'd have a hard time accessing them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:44 am 
Aspires to be #1

It's the same for me. My current address is my parents house because I don't want my apartment address on there but if I move I won't be 10 min away anymore, I'd be almost 2 hours away. Hopefully you can change it yourself or find a single competent employee working in customer service.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
I'm not surprised that they won't have any 100% new tooling figures. They barely got that thing off the ground as it was and it's not like we're getting 12 new heads on a GL Hal body. We've already seen some pretty fantastic figures.

As for Doomsday, they'll probably re-release him in this Reign of Superman pack that keeps getting rumors everywhere and then in 2013 include a new version in the sub (assuming of course the sub gets another year with improved sales).

I won't resubscribe to the sub if I feel they cheapened out this year.

Simple as that. And I know I won't be the only one. If all we get are reused bodies with minimal effort into giving us new figures when this is supposed to be our avenue to get those "hard to get" figures...I don't know that I want to keep giving them my money.

Just because they give us something slightly better than "12 new heads on a hal body" doesn't mean they did a good job.

I think the figures announced so far are a decent start. I'm not super excited about any of them in particular, but it seems they did put a bit of effort out. But if they are going to say "no new 100% tooling" then that turns me off big time.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 am 
shirtless hugger

I had to change my address a few months ago, and it was really easy.

On the website, go to the HELP/FAQ link at the bottom of the left menu (you can't get there from the main page, you have to click on something in order to see that menu on the left side of the screen).

On the next screen, under 'My Account', select My Address Information.

Enter your new address information and click 'Submit'.

The new address should now be on your 'Saved Addresses' list. Click the 'Save as default' link to make that address your automatic shipping address.

Hope this helps!

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 am 
Aspires to be #1

Bunger43 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I won't resubscribe to the sub if I feel they cheapened out this year.

Simple as that. And I know I won't be the only one. If all we get are reused bodies with minimal effort into giving us new figures when this is supposed to be our avenue to get those "hard to get" figures...I don't know that I want to keep giving them my money.

Just because they give us something slightly better than "12 new heads on a hal body" doesn't mean they did a good job.

I think the figures announced so far are a decent start. I'm not super excited about any of them in particular, but it seems they did put a bit of effort out. But if they are going to say "no new 100% tooling" then that turns me off big time.

It's not that different from what they've done since DCUC started though. How many 100% new tooling figures did we get in the last 200 something figures? Are there even 10? They don't need 100% new tooling to make fantastic figures.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:13 am 
categorically opposed

j1h15233 wrote:
It's not that different from what they've done since DCUC started though. How many 100% new tooling figures did we get in the last 200 something figures? Are there even 10? They don't need 100% new tooling to make fantastic figures.

Bingo.

They're just fortunate that the majority of DC characters are in skintight spandex bodysuits.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

That's actually a very good point.

How many 100% new tooling figures have we gotten in the past couple years? Setting aside CnC's, you could probably count them on one hand.

At long as we get som 50% new tooling sculpts, I'll be happy. They have quite a decent parts library after 20 waves, don't you think?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 am 
declined to be a vampire

Yes, it is different. This is the sub, not retail. We pay premium for the sub. We commit to a sub. We pay shipping for the sub. I expect more and higher quality out of the sub.

This sub, to me, has absolutely nothing do with the previous 20 waves of figures. Why? Because the only way I can get these figures is to be a part of the sub. The other 20 waves I had all sorts of avenues.

Did they makes some awesome figures with minimal tooling? Absolutely.

Can they make some awesome figures with new tooling. Yes. And I don't want to be told no simply for that reason, as part of the sub.

If I don't get figures I want, it's no sweat off my back, I won't order the sub in year 2. So it's all good. I just don't want to hear a cop out when, no matter what the reason why is, they let the sub go through.

Because people can say "well, Mattel is doing this for us, we didn't hit then numbers, but they did it anyway"

that's great...but mattel chose to do that. so don't throw it in our face with "well, we know the sub is exclusive, but , gosh darn it, we just can't do a lot of new tooling for this exclusive line

j1h15233 wrote:

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next