Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

j1h15233 wrote:
Cephus wrote:
Saw Extremis Iron Man in TRU yesterday, just wasn't impressed, especially with the packaging. At $17.99, I passed. Just not worth it for me.

17.99 huh? And where are all the people who were touting that 14.99 MSRP now? I wonder if Target or Walmart will be any lower.

And does anyone know why BBTS has some figures listed at like 10 dollars? Why the difference?

I was one of those-- They may not be 14.99 due to targets round of price increases- but whatever it is -- they will definitely be cheaper then DCUC (or whatever the new Acronym is)

Im sure the cheaper figures (like Iron Man and Cap)-- will be the ones that are packed in multiple wave cases all year- and they know that they wont sell many of them indivdually..So maybe if you think you are getting a deal on them- youl pick them up (thus the jacked up 19.99 for the other figures in the case- so they still bring in the average cost of them they would normally sell for)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:34 pm 
MINT!

I found the new Marvel Legends at TRU this morning. $17.99 +tax came to $19.43 each. Ouch!
Only one case. There were 2 regular Iron Man's so I picked the one with the best paint applications. Otherwise, there is one of each for Klaw, Hope Summers, Constrictor, Thor, Steve Rogers, and Ghost Rider (blue flames). The paint was good on all except for Steve Rogers face and white stripes.

Not a huge fan of the packaging. In fact I walked right past these the first time and only saw them on my way back through the aisle. Found on the same aisle as DCUC, MU, etc…

Hope these hit at Target or Walmart for a lower MSP. If I didn't like Terrax so much, I would have passed on at least half of these.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:17 pm 
active in the community

because i couldn't wait for these....i jumped, as soon as friend found these at a TRU out of my hunting zone and scored most of them with his help.

Yes 17.99 + tax was an ouch (maybe i should sell that kidney now....)

I got all but Ghost rider...my buddy said that he was in the guys hand infront of him at the checkout....he over heard him tell the cashier that this GR "was for his third set" huh.....i wonder where sets one and two are up for sale?!

My quick thoughts so far:

Thor- my fav and amazing. Size=wow. great likeness
Steve-second best and pretty good. (maybe alittle lanky/skinny for my taste)
Constrictor- nice fig, nice snarl. wish his whips would hold poses. however he seems short.
Ironman- nice look, sculpt. mold of ankles blocks bending below ankle. undersized??!! i think so...Steve is bigger.
Klaw- nice sculpt, nice fig...on the same side as well.
Hope-havent gotten to her.
Can't wait to complete Terrax....

in general- Paints look good, articulation is ML worthy, nice sculpts, a few seem under sized.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

radspidey27 wrote:
because i couldn't wait for these....i jumped, as soon as friend found these at a TRU out of my hunting zone and scored most of them with his help.

Yes 17.99 + tax was an ouch (maybe i should sell that kidney now....)

I got all but Ghost rider...my buddy said that he was in the guys hand infront of him at the checkout....he over heard him tell the cashier that this GR "was for his third set" huh.....i wonder where sets one and two are up for sale?!

My quick thoughts so far:

Thor- my fav and amazing. Size=wow. great likeness
Steve-second best and pretty good. (maybe alittle lanky/skinny for my taste)
Constrictor- nice fig, nice snarl. wish his whips would hold poses. however he seems short.
Ironman- nice look, sculpt. mold of ankles blocks bending below ankle. undersized??!! i think so...Steve is bigger.
Klaw- nice sculpt, nice fig...on the same side as well.
Hope-havent gotten to her.
Can't wait to complete Terrax....

in general- Paints look good, articulation is ML worthy, nice sculpts, a few seem under sized.

What state are you in radspidey? I haven't heard any reports of sightings on the east coast yet. :(

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:48 am 
Joint Unfreezer

CDR Rogers head is freaking huge and looks too old for my preference. Hasbro said they couldn't get the stars to stay on the shoulders, they kept rubbing off so now the 3.75" CDR Rogers is more comic accurate then the 6" CDR Rogers. ( I never really understood why the artists never gave CDR Rogers a holster for his gun(s).
Hasbro has Klaw and Constrictor on that smaller Silver Surfer/Savage Surfer base.
Extremis IM looks like a wimp.
Thor is freaking huge and way too tall.
Hope looks great but is really too tall.
Terrax BAF is the same height as Thor but should be almost 3 times as wide.

The figures all look really great, nice details and what I have seen online, terrific paints and if you love MLs you will probably disagree with me but for me the scale just killed it for me.

I will stick to MU figures. I can afford to right the wrong on this size of scale and I can incorporate some of the other 3.75" figures from other lines and playsets and vehicles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:30 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

alcinde4 wrote:
What state are you in radspidey? I haven't heard any reports of sightings on the east coast yet. :(

He's out in AZ with me, Cal.

I went to my TRU and only saw the empty pegs for them. :evil:

I'm not willing to pay almost $20 for these, except the Constrictor and Klaw. What can I say, I'm a villain guy. :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:48 pm 

billydj wrote:
CDR Rogers head is freaking huge and looks too old for my preference. Hasbro said they couldn't get the stars to stay on the shoulders, they kept rubbing off so now the 3.75" CDR Rogers is more comic accurate then the 6" CDR Rogers. ( I never really understood why the artists never gave CDR Rogers a holster for his gun(s).
Hasbro has Klaw and Constrictor on that smaller Silver Surfer/Savage Surfer base.

The figures all look really great, nice details and what I have seen online, terrific paints and if you love MLs you will probably disagree with me but for me the scale just killed it for me.

I will stick to MU figures. I can afford to right the wrong on this size of scale and I can incorporate some of the other 3.75" figures from other lines and playsets and vehicles.

I'm not picking on you Billy, but you're probably the biggest stickler for scale I've ever seen. I'd never collect any toy line, if I had as big a problem with it as you do. You must really love customizing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:49 pm 

Shellhead wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:

He's out in AZ with me, Cal.

I went to my TRU and only saw the empty pegs for them. :evil:

I'm not willing to pay almost $20 for these, except the Constrictor and Klaw. What can I say, I'm a villain guy. :mrgreen:

Crap. Okay then. Still no sightings out on the east coast. :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm 
active in the community

I haven't checked if they are in New York yet, so I will whenever I go to toysrus or target. I'm pretty surprised to see Klaw and Constrictor. Very odd and obscure choices for villains which keeps me excited for more Marvel Legends figures. Hopefully they release some female villains like Deathstalker, Lady Bullseye, and Paper Doll for the 4th wave.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

alcinde4 wrote:
billydj wrote:

I'm not picking on you Billy, but you're probably the biggest stickler for scale I've ever seen. I'd never collect any toy line, if I had as big a problem with it as you do. You must really love customizing.

It's not an issue and I know and I agree and sometimes I wonder, why I do. Nope, I enjoy being able to kitbash parts together but I can't even paint. I have someone else do all this for me. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 am 
Master of the Interwebs

Pics of the RML1 variants added... with huge thanks to Captain Collector.

http://www.marvel-legends.com/rml1-vari ... ve-rogers/

http://www.marvel-legends.com/rml1-variant-ghost-rider/

http://www.marvel-legends.com/rml1-variant-iron-man/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:07 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Wal Mart has them for $14.99 for those who are interested. I got the Thor and its cool. An entire wave was there and gone the next day!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Hopefully the dam finally cracked and they'll be showing up everywhere in the next couple weeks.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 am 
Aspires to be #1

I agree. BBTS sent me the variant Iron Man so I've got to find a regular one instead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 am 
Loose, Missing Package

There's supposed to be another small reset at Walmart in a couple of weeks, that's probably when the Avengers stuff and the new MLs will join the aisle.