Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6251
Location: Shelbyville, KY
j1h15233 wrote:
Cephus wrote:
Saw Extremis Iron Man in TRU yesterday, just wasn't impressed, especially with the packaging. At $17.99, I passed. Just not worth it for me.


17.99 huh? And where are all the people who were touting that 14.99 MSRP now? I wonder if Target or Walmart will be any lower.

And does anyone know why BBTS has some figures listed at like 10 dollars? Why the difference?


I was one of those-- They may not be 14.99 due to targets round of price increases- but whatever it is -- they will definitely be cheaper then DCUC (or whatever the new Acronym is)

Im sure the cheaper figures (like Iron Man and Cap)-- will be the ones that are packed in multiple wave cases all year- and they know that they wont sell many of them indivdually..So maybe if you think you are getting a deal on them- youl pick them up (thus the jacked up 19.99 for the other figures in the case- so they still bring in the average cost of them they would normally sell for)

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:34 pm 
MINT!
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am
Posts: 137
Location: CA Central Valley
I found the new Marvel Legends at TRU this morning. $17.99 +tax came to $19.43 each. Ouch!
Only one case. There were 2 regular Iron Man's so I picked the one with the best paint applications. Otherwise, there is one of each for Klaw, Hope Summers, Constrictor, Thor, Steve Rogers, and Ghost Rider (blue flames). The paint was good on all except for Steve Rogers face and white stripes.

Not a huge fan of the packaging. In fact I walked right past these the first time and only saw them on my way back through the aisle. Found on the same aisle as DCUC, MU, etc…

Hope these hit at Target or Walmart for a lower MSP. If I didn't like Terrax so much, I would have passed on at least half of these.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:17 pm 
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 pm
Posts: 85
because i couldn't wait for these....i jumped, as soon as friend found these at a TRU out of my hunting zone and scored most of them with his help.

Yes 17.99 + tax was an ouch (maybe i should sell that kidney now....)

I got all but Ghost rider...my buddy said that he was in the guys hand infront of him at the checkout....he over heard him tell the cashier that this GR "was for his third set" huh.....i wonder where sets one and two are up for sale?!

My quick thoughts so far:

Thor- my fav and amazing. Size=wow. great likeness
Steve-second best and pretty good. (maybe alittle lanky/skinny for my taste)
Constrictor- nice fig, nice snarl. wish his whips would hold poses. however he seems short.
Ironman- nice look, sculpt. mold of ankles blocks bending below ankle. undersized??!! i think so...Steve is bigger.
Klaw- nice sculpt, nice fig...on the same side as well.
Hope-havent gotten to her.
Can't wait to complete Terrax....

in general- Paints look good, articulation is ML worthy, nice sculpts, a few seem under sized.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
radspidey27 wrote:
because i couldn't wait for these....i jumped, as soon as friend found these at a TRU out of my hunting zone and scored most of them with his help.

Yes 17.99 + tax was an ouch (maybe i should sell that kidney now....)

I got all but Ghost rider...my buddy said that he was in the guys hand infront of him at the checkout....he over heard him tell the cashier that this GR "was for his third set" huh.....i wonder where sets one and two are up for sale?!

My quick thoughts so far:

Thor- my fav and amazing. Size=wow. great likeness
Steve-second best and pretty good. (maybe alittle lanky/skinny for my taste)
Constrictor- nice fig, nice snarl. wish his whips would hold poses. however he seems short.
Ironman- nice look, sculpt. mold of ankles blocks bending below ankle. undersized??!! i think so...Steve is bigger.
Klaw- nice sculpt, nice fig...on the same side as well.
Hope-havent gotten to her.
Can't wait to complete Terrax....

in general- Paints look good, articulation is ML worthy, nice sculpts, a few seem under sized.


What state are you in radspidey? I haven't heard any reports of sightings on the east coast yet. :(

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:48 am 
Joint Unfreezer
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Vilseck, Germany
CDR Rogers head is freaking huge and looks too old for my preference. Hasbro said they couldn't get the stars to stay on the shoulders, they kept rubbing off so now the 3.75" CDR Rogers is more comic accurate then the 6" CDR Rogers. ( I never really understood why the artists never gave CDR Rogers a holster for his gun(s).
Hasbro has Klaw and Constrictor on that smaller Silver Surfer/Savage Surfer base.
Extremis IM looks like a wimp.
Thor is freaking huge and way too tall.
Hope looks great but is really too tall.
Terrax BAF is the same height as Thor but should be almost 3 times as wide.

The figures all look really great, nice details and what I have seen online, terrific paints and if you love MLs you will probably disagree with me but for me the scale just killed it for me.







I will stick to MU figures. I can afford to right the wrong on this size of scale and I can incorporate some of the other 3.75" figures from other lines and playsets and vehicles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:30 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
alcinde4 wrote:
What state are you in radspidey? I haven't heard any reports of sightings on the east coast yet. :(


He's out in AZ with me, Cal.

I went to my TRU and only saw the empty pegs for them. :evil:

I'm not willing to pay almost $20 for these, except the Constrictor and Klaw. What can I say, I'm a villain guy. :mrgreen:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:48 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
billydj wrote:
CDR Rogers head is freaking huge and looks too old for my preference. Hasbro said they couldn't get the stars to stay on the shoulders, they kept rubbing off so now the 3.75" CDR Rogers is more comic accurate then the 6" CDR Rogers. ( I never really understood why the artists never gave CDR Rogers a holster for his gun(s).
Hasbro has Klaw and Constrictor on that smaller Silver Surfer/Savage Surfer base.
Extremis IM looks like a wimp.
Thor is freaking huge and way too tall.
Hope looks great but is really too tall.
Terrax BAF is the same height as Thor but should be almost 3 times as wide.

The figures all look really great, nice details and what I have seen online, terrific paints and if you love MLs you will probably disagree with me but for me the scale just killed it for me.







I will stick to MU figures. I can afford to right the wrong on this size of scale and I can incorporate some of the other 3.75" figures from other lines and playsets and vehicles.


I'm not picking on you Billy, but you're probably the biggest stickler for scale I've ever seen. I'd never collect any toy line, if I had as big a problem with it as you do. You must really love customizing.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:49 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
Shellhead wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
What state are you in radspidey? I haven't heard any reports of sightings on the east coast yet. :(


He's out in AZ with me, Cal.

I went to my TRU and only saw the empty pegs for them. :evil:

I'm not willing to pay almost $20 for these, except the Constrictor and Klaw. What can I say, I'm a villain guy. :mrgreen:


Crap. Okay then. Still no sightings out on the east coast. :|

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm 
User avatar
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 84
I haven't checked if they are in New York yet, so I will whenever I go to toysrus or target. I'm pretty surprised to see Klaw and Constrictor. Very odd and obscure choices for villains which keeps me excited for more Marvel Legends figures. Hopefully they release some female villains like Deathstalker, Lady Bullseye, and Paper Doll for the 4th wave.

_________________
Most Wanted (6"): Klarion the Witchboy & Murmur. Also want Anarky (Lonnie), Captain Nazi, Flamebird (Bette Kane), Batwoman (Kate Kane), Ravager (Rose Wilson), KGBeast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 pm 
Joint Unfreezer
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Vilseck, Germany
alcinde4 wrote:
billydj wrote:
CDR Rogers head is freaking huge and looks too old for my preference. Hasbro said they couldn't get the stars to stay on the shoulders, they kept rubbing off so now the 3.75" CDR Rogers is more comic accurate then the 6" CDR Rogers. ( I never really understood why the artists never gave CDR Rogers a holster for his gun(s).
Hasbro has Klaw and Constrictor on that smaller Silver Surfer/Savage Surfer base.
Extremis IM looks like a wimp.
Thor is freaking huge and way too tall.
Hope looks great but is really too tall.
Terrax BAF is the same height as Thor but should be almost 3 times as wide.

The figures all look really great, nice details and what I have seen online, terrific paints and if you love MLs you will probably disagree with me but for me the scale just killed it for me.







I will stick to MU figures. I can afford to right the wrong on this size of scale and I can incorporate some of the other 3.75" figures from other lines and playsets and vehicles.


I'm not picking on you Billy, but you're probably the biggest stickler for scale I've ever seen. I'd never collect any toy line, if I had as big a problem with it as you do. You must really love customizing.



It's not an issue and I know and I agree and sometimes I wonder, why I do. Nope, I enjoy being able to kitbash parts together but I can't even paint. I have someone else do all this for me. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 am 
User avatar
Master of the Interwebs
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3229
Pics of the RML1 variants added... with huge thanks to Captain Collector.

Image
http://www.marvel-legends.com/rml1-vari ... ve-rogers/

Image
http://www.marvel-legends.com/rml1-variant-ghost-rider/

Image
http://www.marvel-legends.com/rml1-variant-iron-man/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:07 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:17 am
Posts: 110
Wal Mart has them for $14.99 for those who are interested. I got the Thor and its cool. An entire wave was there and gone the next day!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Hopefully the dam finally cracked and they'll be showing up everywhere in the next couple weeks.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
I agree. BBTS sent me the variant Iron Man so I've got to find a regular one instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel-Legends.com: Return of Marvel Legends 1 photos
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10595
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
There's supposed to be another small reset at Walmart in a couple of weeks, that's probably when the Avengers stuff and the new MLs will join the aisle.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.052s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]