Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:21 pm 
active in the community

Prototype figures of these two characters on Ebay:

Hal Jordan
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Universe-Classics-JLU-Green-Lantern-Hal-Jordan-Prototype-/170779300595?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c33d52f3#ht_500wt_1202

Atrocitus
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Universe-Classics-JLU-Green-Lantern-Prototype-/170779301877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c33d57f5#ht_500wt_1202

Sorry if it was already posted.

Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:27 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

There was another Kilowog up a few days ago that I lost by $0.50

Fitty Cent dammit!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 am 
shirtless hugger

Pretty awesome! Looks like they did not use the JLU buck on Hal but he's VERY close.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:44 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Wow! Those are very Justice League Unlimited friendly-looking and/or compatible! In fact, the Hal figure(to me anyway) looks like a JLU body with new extremities. Now, if these get made, and if they are exactly the same relative size as JLU is, then I might be all-in with them.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 pm 
Brand Manager

Even if you are a stickler for the JLU style, I'm pretty sure that a Hal Jordan head swap wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Plus, the cast of the show is 95% Alien. So even if you don't like this Hal, I'm sure characters like Zilius Zox and Atrocitus will still get welcomed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:12 pm 
active in the community

These definitely look professionally made.Others I read consider them bootlegs.Mattel has told us repeatedly that there are no plans for a line right now.
Who to believe?All I know is that we will all be competing with one another to have these in our collections.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:06 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I love the range of motion in the arms and the swivel-waist! Guess Mattel has learned from their attempts at JLU articulation how to offer options without loose joints being the result...

Now, if Hal is 4 inches, is that about the same height as JLU?

I definitely think Mattel should consider debuting the line, even if it's only 5-6 figures. That is, once the show actually starts airing. If they've got the molds and that's the biggest expense, they could just sell them online for pete's sake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:21 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I didnt think Matty was making GLTAS figs(GL overdose and all that) but Ill welcome them in my collection.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:22 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

These are close enough in JLU style for me, just need to know scale. For oversized figures it's not so big a deal, but hoping Hal is general adult JLU size.

Mattel still says this line isn't happening huh?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Mattel says a lot of things... but I think they are sticking to their guns with this line. I hope the show does well, and stores order these from mattel and we get some in the first quarter or so of 2013, (that's if I am still even interested in this stuff by then... oh, who am I kidding? of course I will.) :)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Just to make sure no one missed this...

ToyGuru wrote:
To manage expectations, I can assure you we are not showing GL Animated product at NYTF as there is not GLA line planned for 2012. Concept figures and prelim design work have a way of leaking out illegally though ebay and it is a shame as it throws off fan expectations. But I assure fans there is no GL animated line coming from Mattel.

Until you hear an offical announcement from Mattel, ebay leaks are not the place to go for any info on upcoming lines. tons of product goes into preproduction that does not get released (just look a the JLU Firefly fig). When Mattel announces something it is worth getting excited about. When something leaks on ebay, it only serves to confuse and muddle info.

There is no GL Animated toy line from Mattel.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:02 am 
active in the community

...Or ebay allows fans the possibility of having figures that may or may not see production early.That is the attraction.Because Mattel says their is nothing planned makes fans salivate over getting these figures even more.I'm glad I have Blue Beetle and others in my collection.No regrets.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:51 am 
An Insider

It's too bad there are no plans for this line this year...could be a result of their crumby movie figures still clogging up shelves. Also, has the animated series aired more than the pilot ep? I would looove to make an animated Superman custom out of that Hal figure :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:41 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Thanks for posting that info, The Superfly! At least those of us looking forward to seeing GL Animated toys won't be too upset after Toy Fair has ended. As for me, I have been inspired. So, without further ado, here's a new segment from Howard the Duck, titled: 'Reading Between The Lines With Howard The Duck!'

ToyGuru wrote:
To manage expectations, I can assure you we are not showing GL Animated product at NYTF as there is not GLA line planned for 2012.Nothing planned for 2012, but 2013 is a possibility Concept figures and prelim design work have a way of leaking out illegally though ebayMattel has yet to legally stamp this practice out as promised, but stay tuned and it is a shamefan-appreciated service as it throws off fan expectations.Shows what Mattel is planning without our consent But I assure fans there is no GL animated line coming from Mattel.potentially self-contradictory statement, as 'nothing planned' has a different meaning than 'nothing planned for 2012'

Until you hear an offical announcement from Mattel,such as announcing an entire year's worth of JLU product and actually showing it at New York International Toy Fair ebay leaks are not the place to go for any info on upcoming lines.There is no knowledge that is not power tons of product goes into preproduction that does not get released (just look a the JLU Firefly fig).Our fault, not the fans' fault, but we'll blame fans anyway When Mattel announces something it is worth getting excited about.I'm not touching this one When something leaks on ebay, it only serves to confuse and muddle info....and to get toys into the fans hands that would otherwise sit forever in toy limbo

There is no GL Animated toy line from Mattel.Yet. Maybe. We'll see if we can smooth things over with The Big Three retailers after the Green Lantern live action line fiasco

I just had to do it.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

No. You didn't.

The guy posts a pretty straight forward answer and you still crap all over it.

Toy Guru: Don't post here anymore. It's not worth it.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next