Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU Firefly sells for $1,025.00 on eBay
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

stewbacca wrote:
.Plus if you become a power seller-- you do get a 20% discount-- and their new 50 free auctions a month at any starting price-- has made a big difference in my listing costs.

Very good points Stew, I never really thought about it like that and the 20% discount and 50 free auctions does sure help out quite a bit. It's better then it was.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:28 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Just a heads up about the shipping thing. Boxes are usually pretty easy to find for free. I save all my boxes from other shippers on Ebay, my dad asks people for boxes people are going to throw out, so does my brother, etc. I have a STACK of boxes saved up in my house, and have rarely paid for a box for shipping. Of course bubble wrap costs money, I bought a HUGE roll for $19.95 at office max, it has lasted months. I don't sell like crazy, but I have around 200 ebay sales. Labels aren't necessary, paper and a pen works fine, packing tape is fairly cheap. I usually charge an extra $2 to cover my expenses, and I MESSAGE the person to let them know where that extra money went. Saying "shipping is a pain in the butt", ok, maybe it is, but nobody is putting a gun to your head forcing you to sell your stuff..just saying.

*oh, and if you're going to be shipping, buy yourself a postal scale. it's worth the investment.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:13 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Can't get over the final price of Firefly! Never thought he'd make it over $1000. That's pretty impressive!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

There was another Firefly just recently that went for around $550 if I remember correctly.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:26 pm 
Resin

else3573 wrote:
There was another Firefly just recently that went for around $550 if I remember correctly.

Good memory, $547.78 to be exact ;)

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Why doesn't Mattel manufacture those JLU figures like Firefly, Toyman, and Volcana and sell them in polybags? We don't need these figures in all the fancy packaging. We just want the figures.

Why the resistance? It makes NO SENSE. There's a demand for these figures.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 pm 
Cold-cast

Here's what I don't get. Why doesn't Mattel turn on the machines, make up an ebay account, and pretend to be a chinese seller? Release the suckers one at a time. They're worried about people maybe paying $50 a 3 pack, but people are spending loads more than that on just one figure. It's what I would do if I just had to make the profit margin they demand in the time frame they expect it. You could produce less and make more. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Titan that is an evil, evil idea and they'd better not have heard you say it...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:04 am 
Resin

Titan Speck wrote:
Here's what I don't get. Why doesn't Mattel turn on the machines, make up an ebay account, and pretend to be a chinese seller? Release the suckers one at a time. They're worried about people maybe paying $50 a 3 pack, but people are spending loads more than that on just one figure. It's what I would do if I just had to make the profit margin they demand in the time frame they expect it. You could produce less and make more. :mrgreen:

LOL, thats great! I mean...thats terrible! Matty the company may not, but Matty the man? Perhaps lol

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:13 am 
Wonderdog

Titan Speck wrote:

What makes you so sure that's not what they're doing? You don't think Matty would use his real name, do you?:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:34 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

ed case wrote:
Titan Speck wrote:

What makes you so sure that's not what they're doing? You don't think Matty would use his real name, do you?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm... doesn't one of the foreign sellers go by the name "Lee Little Prince" or something like that? I mean princes wear crowns... Matty wears a crown... Coincidence :?: :shock:
:roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Matty could use the ebay name 'Not A Chinese Seller From China' maybe? No one would catch on.

They most likely cannot produce and ship JLU in polybags because there is probably zero budget to do so. I know, it sounds odd. I bet Mattel could take one cent from each Hot Wheels sold in a year and subsidize JLU for at least that long. But I guess it's a 'different lines don't cross-pollenate with each other' deal.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:54 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I have made jokes before about buying a JLU figure for thousands of dollars but to actually see someone do it, (Holiday hal and this,) it is just so crazy! I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a figure, I would buy something like an iPad or Macbook with that cash, or maybe put it towards my college money, lol.

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 pm 
Crime Against Nature

I bet the guys who paid so much for Firefly, Static, and Dr. Destiny feel pretty stupid right now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:17 pm 
shirtless hugger

ToyOtter wrote:
I bet the guys who paid so much for Firefly, Static, and Dr. Destiny feel pretty stupid right now.

Just like Nelson Muntz would say "HA-Haw!"

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next