Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: JLU ALIVE
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:05 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Per julius...toy end JLU coming to Matty in the fall!

Post subject: Re: JLU ALIVE
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:08 pm 
Aspires to be #1

WOW! Only 30 each and we're getting Firefly and Dr Destiny!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:15 pm 
shirtless hugger

Well, $30 is a lot better than $50. Maybe I can swing that.

And Dr. Destiny and Firefly is cool, BUT, they took out the orange/green Aquaman. Grrrr.

Why can't they just re-release Aquaman, Volcana, and the other 9 guys from the 6-packs?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:21 pm 
Aspires to be #1

The Aquaman would have been nice but I'm really shocked that Firefly and Destiny will see the light.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

So glad to know they're going to release the final figures. Not getting Aquaman released seems odd. They could have swapped out one of the other reissue figures. But I'm certainly not complaining.

Glad we're finally getting them at all. Can't wait to add them to my collection, and good to know Firefly and Dr Destiny will be joining them.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:37 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Man, the nightmare just never ends.

:P

But seriously, congrats guys.

Now how about some "thank you, Matty/Toyguru" comments instead of more complaining.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yep. Thank you ToyGuru. I had pretty much given up hope of ever seeing official releases. Now I know exactly what to customize.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:51 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Shellhead wrote:
But seriously, congrats guys.

Now how about some "thank you, Matty/Toyguru" comments instead of more complaining.

I've been looking at the facebook feeds, especially over on save the JLU, and I agree. While it's about 85% thank you's and cheers, there are still people going on about Aquaman, or Volcana, or more figures.

I mean. REALLY? REALLY? This is what everyone fought for. At least Aquaman is out there, we're getting Firefly and Destiny. Anyone complaining is just too much.

I'm psyched we are getting these, and at a decent price. Yes, I'm very OK with the price tag. I'm in awe and embarrassed that anyone could still complain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:55 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I think Mattel and everyone involved with JLU needs a huge round of applause, they deserve it to be able to put it up with all of us! Round of applause to everyone who voted here and Custom Justice polls (it seemed like it helped). Thank you ToyGuru, nothing but respect for you!

I came into today thinking what new YJ I will see but the JLU news has me in total shock! Now I'm going to go to my JLU collection and tell them all the good news (okay not really).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:57 pm 
3 3/4"

Holy crap...we did it guys! We fought hard and got what we wanted! Big thanks to all the people that helped us get these figures! I'm even more pleasantly surprised that these will only be $30! I've been pretty negative at times about this line but I can't believe some people are still complaining. You guys had your chance to get Aquaman. If you want him that bad, pay the big bucks for him on eBay.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:59 pm 
Resin

You'll hear no complaints from me, as the news is both surprising and most welcome! Very impressed with TG and Mattel for this reveal. Also, impressed that they were able to get the price down to something a little more reasonable in regards to the collector's wallets. $30 is a lot easier to let go of than $50...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:04 pm 
Knows his stuff

Awesome news!

Thanks TG, great job!

AND... glad I didn't spend $1000 for Firefly or $800 each for the other figures!
:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:07 pm 
Mint on Card

Wow. This is awesome news. Plus Firefly and dr. destiny? 30.00 a piece. Wow. This is amazing. One a month too? I'm speechless. Thanks toy guru and Mattel.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:13 pm 
Knows his stuff

jzachery wrote:
While it's about 85% thank you's and cheers, there are still people going on about Aquaman, or Volcana, or more figures.

I mean. REALLY? REALLY?...I'm in awe and embarrassed that anyone could still complain.

Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Toyman, Vandal Savage, Mongul, Static, Aquagirl, Micron, Fire and Future Superman for $300.00

or

Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Toyman, Vandal Savage, Mongul, Static, Aquagirl, Micron, Fire, Future Superman, Dr. Destiny and Firefly for $180.00

Yeah, anyone complaining now is doing too much. Take the extra $120 you saved to get Aquaman off Ebay. You're still up two figures that were never going to get made.

Never, never thought to hear this news, and for 40% less than I thought it would be. Good work, Mr. Guru.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Great news, our national nightmare has ended.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next