Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: NYTF - JLU Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:19 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Discuss the surprising appearance of JLU at NYTF...details to follow...

Quote:
Justice League Unlimited
Big news! The final 3-packs are coming in fall 2012! One new pack will arrive each month starting around July/August at a price of only $30 each!!! The REALLY great news is those packs will also include Dr. Destiny and Firefly from the dropped 6-pack! How did we make this happen? The Mattycollector.com team is just that good and the fans are just that loyal! Don't hesitate to get them when you see them because these will be the FINAL JLU items from Mattel -- no additional figures have been developed.

JLU 3-Packs at MattyCollector.com
These will be the final figures in the beloved JLU series! All available fall 2012 only at MattyCollector.com:

* Blue Beetle, Fire, Booster Gold
* Guy Gardner, Martian Manhunter, Batman™ Classic Detective
* Vandal Savage, Batman™, Future Superman™
* Future Static, Aqua Girl, Micron
* Mongol, Wonder Woman, Batman™
* Toyman, Dr. Destiny, Firefly

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: NYTF - JLU Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:25 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

LOLOLOL! Nay sayers be smited!! JLU LIVES!

JLU = Jason Vorhees.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Even better, Fire fell down in the display case. Ah, just like old times. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:08 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Thank you, Scott, thank you Save The JLU campaign, thank you Mattel. This is AWESOME news.

It's really happening guys. And at a price I can easily afford.

Sucks about Volcana and Aquaman but since I already own both that won't effect me. Maybe we could campaign next to get them, Sand, and the missing six-packs rereleased! C'Mon! We're fans! You know we'll never be happy!

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm 
ABS

Since this is the official thread for the JLU reveals, I will post this here instead of the JLU Lives thread. I am ecstatic to hear that the last remaining JLU 3-packs will be making their way to us. Even more thrilled to hear that Firefly and Dr. Destiny will be made.

I don't know what kind of strings Scott (or maybe even Danielle) had to pull to make this happen, but I couldn't be happier!

That said, the conspiracy theorist inside of me wonders if this was all a ploy from the start. Danielle (FanGirl 2.0) may have spilled the beans early and Scott was trying to bring expectations down with the $50 price point and the supposed lack of support from the AFI poll. Even more interesting is the fact that despite nearly a year of ToyGuru insisting that no changes could be made to the packaging they still found a way to pull out Superman and Aquaman and put in Dr. Destiny and Firefly. Alas, Volcana didn't make the cut - Please don't mistake this as complaining just an observation!

Regardless, I am extremely happy that we will finally get the last JLU packs from SDCC 2010 and ToyFair 2011. Thank you very much, Scott!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:23 pm 
An Insider

Jeez, JLU is like Deadpool. If even a single cell is left, it will grow back. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:25 pm 
Knows his stuff

BlackCanary wrote:
Even more interesting is the fact that despite nearly a year of ToyGuru insisting that no changes could be made to the packaging they still found a way to pull out Superman and Aquaman and put in Dr. Destiny and Firefly.

How bleeping awesome is that Toyman/Dr. Destiny/Firefly three-pack? Surely that has to get a few votes for best three-pack ever!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:27 pm 
Fugitive Dust

To just see "NYTF-JLU Thread" is just amazing. Can JLU be officially call the best toy line ever? Not because of the great quality, distribution, etc. but for the fans that never quit and for the company for listening and being there for the fans.

I don't have STAS Aquaman nor Volcana but they were released so I know they are out there it's just matter of saving and buying from eBay. Sounds reasonable to me. I'm more excited to get Dr. Destiny because he was in my favorite episode of JL Season Two! I know there are lot of Batman fans excited for Firefly!

Like I said before a HUGE round of applause for ToyGuru, everyone in Mattel involved with JLU and everyone involved and or participated with Save the JLU! Today is truly a great day!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 pm 
Fugitive Dust

This is definitely unexpected news to me. I was sure the line was done and people were beating a dead horse but I send a big thank you to everyone involved in making this happen. To get the final packs is one thing. To get them at $30 instead of $50 is another. To get Dr. Destiny and Firefly is yet another bonus on top of news that would've seemed impossible yesterday. I'm looking forward to these.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:00 pm 
An Insider

This is amazing news! $30 price point & sensible case packs? Rejoice!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:02 pm 
Aspires to be #1

zaxilla2 wrote:
This is amazing news! $30 price point & sensible case packs? Rejoice!

Are you the one with the gray ghost on eBay?

And the only thing that could have made this announcement any better is Replacing Bats and Manhunter with Aquaman and Volcana.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:05 pm 
ABS

After reading the news -and making an appointment with a Dr. to check if I'm not suffering from hallucinations- I decided to come back to AFI to say two things: Thank you everyone who continued with the Save the JLU! Campaign. Once again, you prove that a united front will get us a fair and satisfying result. Most importantly, with this decision, Scott has really made me change my mind about everything I've been giving heat for. This is a WE ARE PAYING ATTENTION statement. Really, thank you all!!!

Oh, and nay-sayers. From now on, keep your comments to yourselves. Forever. Thank you :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Go away dude. No one was being a "nay-sayer" just realistic on a line that had possibly run it's course and was not profitable. I'm giving credit to Scott on this one. Good job by save the jlu but this was ALL Scott imo. I would bet he went to bat for the fans here even knowing they might not make alot of $$

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:22 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

All of US here FTW!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:26 pm 
shirtless hugger

wow. I will have to dip my toe back in the JLU pool for some of those packs. they are just too good to pass up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next