Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU Firefly sells for $1,025.00 on eBay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:46 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I bet the winner is the one laughing at us. To us a grand is a big deal, maybe not so much to him, obviously. We may laugh, but even if I wanted to, I couldn't spend a grand on a figure. This guy apparently can. He should be the one laughing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I feel dumb for buying customs of Firefly and Destiny haha. I really never thought those would see the light of day though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:16 pm 
An Insider

Whether the guy had the money to spend or not, that's gotta hurt a dude's soul, right there.

I've bought custom Transformers for under a hundred bucks and've been pissed at myself when they came out for $12 at retail.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I have plenty of $$ but there is no way I ever spend $1000 on a figure that might be produced. I'm not saying I have unlimited income but $1000 buys me alot of other vintage stuff I'd rather have.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:48 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Homer sell last Krustyburger Ribwich to Ribwich Roadie for a sportscar.

He's eats it.

"I'm having a serious case of buyer's remorse. "

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:17 pm 
shirtless hugger

Why would anyone want to rub it in this guys face?

Because your jealous that you couldn’t afford at the time?

Because you want him to feel terrible for trying to complete a collection that means the world to him?

If people can afford these rare figures I’m happy for them. And I’m even more grateful when they take the time to post pictures with the rest of the JLU figs. For the last 4 or 5 months I loved looking at peoples collections who had Mongul and the future JLU. I had no idea I would ever have the opportunity to buy them outside of customs. That never made me hate or resent these people. The world is full of way too much hate, jealously and self entitlement.

Please lets just be happy that these figures are being released to everyone and at a halfway decent price to boot! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:34 pm 

Because it's funny.

Classic Boondocks:

Ceasar: "I know that it's wrong to take pleasure in the suffering of others but I can't tell you how glad I was to hear that Rush Limbaugh is a drug fiend."

Huey: "Who told you that?"

Ceasar: "You haven't heard? It's been all over the news for weeks!"

Huey: "No, I mean who told you it was wrong to take pleasure in the suffering of others?"

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:07 pm 
active in the community

I'm one of those collectors who has purchased the unreleased figures and I really have no regrets at all.It was an opportunity and I took it.
I did debate the money part but in the end I relented.I also made these available to Stew over at Custom Justice to cast to pay it forward so to speak.A chance to have these in your collections in one way or another.I am thrilled that you guys will have these in your collections,and at a great price also.I plan on buying them too.What a way to go out.It feels like the Governor has issued a stay of execution.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:13 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I don't feel right rubbing it in someone's face, because the good Lord knows I've spent my share of money on purchases I ended up regretting for one reason or another. I know that pain well. That said, I feel better myself for resisting the urge to spend that much extra money.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 pm 

I'm trying to sympathize, I am, and Comic Book Reader sounds like a great guy for sending his purchases out for casts to help othe custom collectors, and that's really cool... But no, my sympathy is limited.

These were items stolen from Mattel's factories. VALUABLE items. The fact that Mattel basically screwed over all these thieves and looters on eBay makes me feel a bit of shameful joy. Just a bit. And I feel a little bad about it. But I'll get over it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:52 pm 
my tummy itches

All I can say is I would not like to be the guy who purchased this.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:22 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
jzachery wrote:
I bet the winner is the one laughing at us. To us a grand is a big deal, maybe not so much to him, obviously. We may laugh, but even if I wanted to, I couldn't spend a grand on a figure. This guy apparently can. He should be the one laughing.

I kinda agree, while I might not spend that much on a figure, if someone can and wants to, that's their prerogative, :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 pm 
Resin

Fone Bone wrote:
I'm trying to sympathize, I am, and Comic Book Reader sounds like a great guy for sending his purchases out for casts to help othe custom collectors, and that's really cool... But no, my sympathy is limited.

These were items stolen from Mattel's factories. VALUABLE items. The fact that Mattel basically screwed over all these thieves and looters on eBay makes me feel a bit of shameful joy. Just a bit. And I feel a little bad about it. But I'll get over it.

Ive always been curious, how do you or anyone else know they were "stolen"? Do you know how many companies allow workers to simply have cast offs? A company I worked for a few yrs back just flat out gave away "prototypes" of virtually everything we made. A friend of mine works for company that makes all the "do dads" and "swag" companies give away at functions and his company just gives the test items or "blemished" items away to employees. So saying the are stolen is pure speculation.

And as far as the unreleased figures go and the $ some bought them for...Well Im just ashamed I didnt sell mine around Christmas time...I wanted to but just couldnt do it.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 pm 
Displays Backwards

BFantana wrote:
Ive always been curious, how do you or anyone else know they were "stolen"? Do you know how many companies allow workers to simply have cast offs? A company I worked for a few yrs back just flat out gave away "prototypes" of virtually everything we made. A friend of mine works for company that makes all the "do dads" and "swag" companies give away at functions and his company just gives the test items or "blemished" items away to employees. So saying the are stolen is pure speculation.

And as far as the unreleased figures go and the $ some bought them for...Well Im just ashamed I didnt sell mine around Christmas time...I wanted to but just couldnt do it.

Well, the folks from Mattel always say "Don't but them, they're stolen", so that is where people got that idea. They don't want Mattel figures sold by someone who is not Mattel - makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm 
Resin

Oh well, Mattel people...In that case. :roll: Sounds more like talking heads trying to cover for leaked items. Schtuff happens as "they" say. Kinda like Mattel people say. Not sure how many of you collect, or collected Star Wars figures but one of the THE Holy Grails is "rocket firing" Boba Fett, he was never produced. There were 4 "prototypes" made by Kenner (2 J's and 2 L's), all 4 of them left Kenners facility in Ohio with employees. They werent stolen, they were given to employees. 1 of them ended up at a comic store (along with other never-released items) just a few miles away from Kenners facility because said employees would trade this "junk" for comics and whatnot. That Boba Fett will fetch, if sold, probably close to $15k and somehow I dont think whomever buys it will worry that its "stolen" property. But thats just my opinion, just like its yours to call them stolen.

Now do I doubt TG may at somepoint have claimed those figures were "stolen", no. But Id also be willing to bet TG isnt at the factory in China seeing what happens with blems.Im sure someone asked TG how all these guys end up on Ebay and he tows a company line that is to claim "stolen". Again, just my opinion.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next