Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: NYTF - DCUC: Club Infinite Earths Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I love the figures that were shown for the club, but I do need to ask for clarification's sake...

Is Rocket Red considered a regular monthly figure, or will he be offered as one of the "oversized" offerings?

Not a big deal as I WANT HIM regardless, but it would be nice to know what slot he belongs in.

I don't think they made that clear yet.

And Starman is going in LOSH and JSA for me

I finally replied. I hope that anticipation was worth it for you and not a major let down :)

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:47 am 
Damage Control

BlackCanary wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Is Rocket Red considered a regular monthly figure, or will he be offered as one of the "oversized" offerings?

Bnjmnrlyr, from what I read, Rocket Red is the first oversized figure in the subscription. Interestingly, they took a version of Rocket Red that was actually supposed to be a regular-sized suit of armor (like Iron Man) and made it oversized! Hopefully,we eventually get a proper JLI oversized Dimitri Rocket Red.

Don't you think that we should tell Toyguru at Mattel that they should fix the Rocket Red mistake before they release the figure?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:42 pm 
Aspires to be #1

joeace wrote:
Don't you think that we should tell Toyguru at Mattel that they should fix the Rocket Red mistake before they release the figure?

It's already too late if we've seen it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I, for one, think he looks pretty cool.

My Legion of ML Iron Men now has a new foe.

Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Iron Monger, and Mandarin can't wait to welcome their new comrade.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:52 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well even after the new reveals Im still glad I didnt buy into this line..

Ill get Poison Ivy and Black Mask- and Maybe Mirror Master-- but thats it at this point..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:56 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Happy to have subscribed!!! Metron looks b.a.!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 am 
Resin

The realization that I won't be getting Metron is starting to sink in and it really hurts. I never paid much attention to the MOTU subscriptions. Is there any chance of still getting a subscription/Metron? Like a last minute offer or something? Or is eBay all i have to look forward to?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 am 
Aspires to be #1

BertDert wrote:
The realization that I won't be getting Metron is starting to sink in and it really hurts. I never paid much attention to the MOTU subscriptions. Is there any chance of still getting a subscription/Metron? Like a last minute offer or something? Or is eBay all i have to look forward to?

Either eBay or someone who doesn't want theirs. I have two subs but I haven't decided if I want to keep the second Metron or not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:52 am 
Collector Inspector

BertDert wrote:

Metron is sub-exclusive right? So he's not on sale day?

As for the others, You can buy just the single figures you want on Mattycollector's Sale Day which is on the 15th of every month, I think. But it's not that easy, since every one logs on at once, you can often get blocked out of the system in the White Screen Of Death while In demand figures sell out. It's happened to me a lot.

I'm in the same boat you, since I'm not subscribing. I'll have to take my chances on Sale Day. If I get WSOD'd out, then I gently go beg AFI forum members like a chump to charitably help me acquire a figure (re: Use the Swap Meet), if that doesn't work, then it's Ebay I go with all my money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:22 pm 
declined to be a vampire

At least you know you have Platinum/Tin lined up.

funtime3 wrote:
BertDert wrote:

Metron is sub-exclusive right? So he's not on sale day?

As for the others, You can buy just the single figures you want on Mattycollector's Sale Day which is on the 15th of every month, I think. But it's not that easy, since every one logs on at once, you can often get blocked out of the system in the White Screen Of Death while In demand figures sell out. It's happened to me a lot.

I'm in the same boat you, since I'm not subscribing. I'll have to take my chances on Sale Day. If I get WSOD'd out, then I gently go beg AFI forum members like a chump to charitably help me acquire a figure (re: Use the Swap Meet), if that doesn't work, then it's Ebay I go with all my money.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 pm 
Resin

j1h15233 wrote:
BertDert wrote:

Either eBay or someone who doesn't want theirs. I have two subs but I haven't decided if I want to keep the second Metron or not.

j1h15233 - Please keep me in mind if you decide to sell/trade the second Metron.

funtime - I'm a seasoned sufferer of mattycollector :) This is a great wave and I do plan on attempting to get most of them, but Metron is the character that is most important to me. I should have subscribed but financially I wasn't sure if I could make the commitment at the time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:04 am 
Collector Inspector

Bunger43 wrote:
At least you know you have Platinum/Tin lined up.

I know, you made my Valentines Day!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: