Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help to you all for Aquaman
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:03 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

There's an JLU classic Aquaman on ebay right now, with a BIN of $99 and free shipping, but the seller is taking Best Offers. I offered the very respectable $70.01 and was instantly declined. The ebay seller has some sort of 'sports-something' name. He has two of them, by the way.

So, now you know that the seller wants upwards of $70.01 for his Aquaman. Now, if anyone else wants to submit a Best offer, keep that in mind. Anything above $70 for what should have been a common JLU figure is a crap price if you ask me.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject: Re: Help to you all for Aquaman
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 pm 
my tummy itches

Will buy one later on. Not now tho. But thx anyway.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:25 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Looks like Aquaman had three more offers submitted, possibly from the same potential buyer I presume. All three offers were declined immediately.

I just can't believe that $70 wasn't good enough.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:29 pm 
5th Horseman

The Aquaman comic is currently outselling X-Men! We live in a crazy world, and Mattel really ought to re-release the JLU version, and maybe a DCUC one to capitalize on his newfound popularity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:38 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

DanMan wrote:
The Aquaman comic is currently outselling X-Men!

And I'm LOVING it!

Go King of the Seven Seas! :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 am 
Damage Control

Check the swap meet. That is the only hint I can give. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:04 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I was hard up for money and listed mine (carded) a few months ago. I listed it at $69.99 with a $99.99 buy it now. It sold the first day I had it listed for the $99.99 buy it now. I kind of regret selling it, but I desperately needed the cash and figured i could always get one again in the future. It's the only JLU figure I've sold from my collection. I think I paid $35+12 shipping for it when I bought it (from a japanese seller)

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 pm 
serves the Otter

else3573 wrote:
I was hard up for money and listed mine (carded) a few months ago. I listed it at $69.99 with a $99.99 buy it now. It sold the first day I had it listed for the $99.99 buy it now. I kind of regret selling it, but I desperately needed the cash and figured i could always get one again in the future.

FYI, I'm trying to see if I can get other people engaged in rectifying the Aquaman oversight. In the end, there's not much we can do. But there's no shame in trying. If you (or anyone else) want to help... Here's a link to what I thought we could do.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23621&p=359956#p359956

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:56 pm 
Resin

DanMan wrote:
maybe a DCUC one to capitalize on his newfound popularity.

Hook hand, PLEASE!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:08 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I remember seeing a classic Aquaman 3 pack pic last year. Was this pack cancelled? and who was in it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

JosephMama wrote:
I remember seeing a classic Aquaman 3 pack pic last year. Was this pack cancelled? and who was in it?

The classic Aquaman pack was cancelled last year along with 5 other 3-packs. Now all the packs have been un-cancelled except for the Aquaman pack that was originally scheduled to come with the standard Superman figure and Toyman figure. Superman and Aquaman have been cut and replaced by Dr. Destiny and Firefly both of which were scheduled for Target 6-pack that was also canned. So now it's Dr. Destiny/Firefly/Toyman packed together.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:12 pm 
Displays Backwards

Sometimes I really hate this greedy slimy hobby we have here. Why does it have to attract such greedy filth? That's no fun, no fun at all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I still stick my head in the JLU threads from time to time, to see if you guys are still as crazy/nuts as when I was collecting JLU. Yeah. You still are. :wink: I wish I had my old collection to sell again for pennies on the dollar, for some of you still willing to pay these prices. I just hate to see you guys raked over the coals for some of these figures. But it seems you're mostly willing participants.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:15 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

alcinde4 wrote:
I still stick my head in the JLU threads from time to time, to see if you guys are still as crazy/nuts as when I was collecting JLU. Yeah. You still are. :wink: I wish I had my old collection to sell again for pennies on the dollar, for some of you still willing to pay these prices. I just hate to see you guys raked over the coals for some of these figures. But it seems you're mostly willing participants.

Only some of us. The only figure I've ever paid more than $30 for was Grundy. Granted, I don't have Lobo, Volcana, Barda, or the Secret Society packs, but I think I've been pretty patient. I got a MIB Doomsday 6-pack for $16 on an eBay buy it now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:20 am 
Aspires to be #1

Backward Galaxy wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:

Only some of us. The only figure I've ever paid more than $30 for was Grundy. Granted, I don't have Lobo, Volcana, Barda, or the Secret Society packs, but I think I've been pretty patient. I got a MIB Doomsday 6-pack for $16 on an eBay buy it now.

I'd like to say I could say the same but Shayera and the show accurate Black Canary pushed past 30 for me as well. I probably could have gotten better prices on them but I was impatient and they were in fantastic condition. Also I don't have an official Volcana but I guess if I ever get one it'll be more than 30. She's the one figure that no one was ever able to help me with.