Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Hey ToyGuru...can the JLU Mongul have yellow skin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:16 pm 
Collector Inspector

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I would kill for this. A tenth anniversary 4 pack next year call the mistakes of the line. Volcana corrected, mongul corrected, toyman corrected and dr. Light corrected or another figure that was not corrected.

I'd rather any anniversary pack have new figures instead of repaints. Granny Goodness, Dick Grayson Robin, Circe, Kai Ro, Owlman, Bouncing Boy, The Trickster, hell, I'd take a 3 pack of Watchtower civilian workers before repaints.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:27 pm 
5th Horseman

The Superfly wrote:
Great thoughts, but it's never that easy. Manufacturing has many more logistical mess to wade through just to make what seems to be a simple change like this. That color has been chosen by the licensor, and it's documented in the system, the paperwork, and possibly the contracts. It's only 'wrong' from the fans point of view, and you;d be surprised to see how much effort it takes to make these kinds of seemingly simple changes.

Aside from that, I agree. :wink:

Yeah, the recent blog here at AFI about the Teen Titans toys at Wendy's really highlighted the trouble of working with licensors. The frustrating thing is that it should be as simple as making a couple of phones calls to change a single color that is being used. It would really take a minimal amount of work as long as production hasn't been started yet and paint hasn't been pre-mixed or bought already (yeah maybe I'm glossing over the amount of paperwork to make a change that I don't know about). All it takes is a couple of people caring enough to put out the best possible product.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:30 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I would kill for this. A tenth anniversary 4 pack next year call the mistakes of the line. Volcana corrected, mongul corrected, toyman corrected and dr. Light corrected or another figure that was not corrected.

I don't see that as being a huge seller. The only good thing would be that for some it would be a second chance to buy a Volcana figure which I guess is better than nothing. The rest of the figures in the pack seem like a bit of a waste.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

tuning4k wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:
Yeah, I'm just going to buy two and repaint one. It would be nice if it were fixed, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Same here.

I'm going to take up smoking and try to smoke a few cartons a week while I'm in the same room with my Mongul figure in the hopes that he might turn yellow :roll: :wink: .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:44 pm 
Resin

texgnome1 wrote:
Yeah, I'm just going to buy two and repaint one. It would be nice if it were fixed, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Have 2, and already did :D The paint app on my second one wasnt very good to start so I figured what the heck. If it hadnt of had the bad paint I wouldnt have done anything to him as the pink/salmon color really doesnt bother me.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:28 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

What's wrong with Dr. Light?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:07 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yeah sorry Kalibak, no way I'd be in for that anniversary pack. I want a pack of all new figures if they ever did something like that. They could include Volcana for those that missed her, but the other three should be all new. Period.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:40 am 
Wonderdog

BFantana wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:

Have 2, and already did :D The paint app on my second one wasnt very good to start so I figured what the heck. If it hadnt of had the bad paint I wouldnt have done anything to him as the pink/salmon color really doesnt bother me.

So, since you actually have him, i have to ask: Is he really that pink? Everyone complains about this, but he doesn't really look that bad in the photos IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:47 am 
Resin

Is he that pink, I dont think so. Its a fleshy pink that for me is tolerable. I agree that pinkish is incorrect for him as far as show accuracy is concerned, but I dont view it as being a huge deal.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:35 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

BFantana wrote:
Is he that pink, I dont think so. Its a fleshy pink that for me is tolerable. I agree that pinkish is incorrect for him as far as show accuracy is concerned, but I dont view it as being a huge deal.

I don't have the figure, but I'll add my two cents by saying the coloring doesn't really bother me. Then again, I've never been a huge stickler for these things.