Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU ALIVE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:50 pm 
Resin

I know of two people that have the long haired/orange shirt Aquaman, the version where you cannot see the painted over necklace. As I mentioned a lil earlier theres 2 versions, one where the necklace is simply painted over and another without the necklace. I was in on an Ebay auction for one last yr around this time and lost out with about 2 seconds to go lol... usually the method I would use but I was on my Ebay App on my phone.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:56 pm 
my tummy itches

How much were you outbid by? That sucks. Cant wait for the next one. What did it sell for?

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Ham Salad wrote:
Boo. I'd have liked to snagged one of those samples, along with samples of the following repaints that got axed:

Zatanna (show accurate gray leggings, w/ wand)
Hawkman (modern uniform with brown belt, no trunk, yellow-striped boots, w/ shield)

Along with Volcana, these were the only four figures that were canceled, which were repaints of existing figures, not just reissues with new accessories.

I wanted that Zatanna too. Hawkman I didn't care much for but I would have bought it of course.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38 pm 
Dog Squeezer

j1h15233 wrote:
Ham Salad wrote:
Boo. I'd have liked to snagged one of those samples, along with samples of the following repaints that got axed:

Zatanna (show accurate gray leggings, w/ wand)
Hawkman (modern uniform with brown belt, no trunk, yellow-striped boots, w/ shield)

Along with Volcana, these were the only four figures that were canceled, which were repaints of existing figures, not just reissues with new accessories.

I wanted that Zatanna too. Hawkman I didn't care much for but I would have bought it of course.

I'm one of the people who have the Aquaman test shot. I have a couple others too but I'm missing Hawkman. If anyone is looking to get rid of one PM me and we'll work something out!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 pm 
my tummy itches

Can someone help me on how they got these? Like what they did. Where they went what they paid for. Id pay 400 for any one of them.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:25 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Jester wrote:

I'm one of the people who have the Aquaman test shot. I have a couple others too but I'm missing Hawkman. If anyone is looking to get rid of one PM me and we'll work something out!

Why must you mock me Jester haha. If I ever go back to NY I'm coming to steal these.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:01 pm 
Resin

LOL, Jester is the one who snagged Aquaman at the end of the auction,and snatched from my clutches! ;) I wasnt going to mention names for fear of him getting unwanted prvt msgs here or elsewhere. But he is a dastardly villain you must be on the lookout for when it comes to JLU! He may be lurking nearby as I type this...

Was that over the top? lol

Oh and Jester, when you grow tired of those figures shoot me a msg here or CJ! :mrgreen:

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:28 pm 
Smack! Smack! Smack!

I wanted the Zatanna and Hawkman. I am one of the fortunate who has a Volcana, but would have bought the new version as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:33 pm 
Resin

nightwing wrote:
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Please swap out the orange shirt Aquaman for one of those Batmans. PLEASE!

I just wanted to add my thanks to Scott and everyone at Mattel. I hope there is room for Aquaman, as I never could find the STAS version at retail, but to keep this line alive this long has been awesome and we have so many great figures. To add these at the end is just icing on the cake. Thank you. Very much.

I met some of the people working at the Mattel booth at C2E2 last year and they were so nice and really interested in our opinions and they even were holding kind of an informal poll of people who had trouble finding figures at retail. They are committed and want to do great work and I believe do so on a regular basis. I (blush) started buying some DCUC figures (after swearing JLU was my swan song). I'm cherry picking my faves in this line, but it is great too. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:12 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Already today, listed to ebay, customs of...

Guy Gardner
Dr. Destiny X2
Toyman
Firefly

LOL That was fast.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:07 am 
shirtless hugger

Those are some nice figures you got there, Jester. I see your Batman's cape is getting the Mattel rot. Mine is as well.

Now, does anyone know if any test shots of Aquaman with the orange shirt and hook hand made it out?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 am 
Dog Squeezer

Thanks BFantana and Ham. BF, you'll be the first person I contact, but don't wait by your computer any time soon. Yes, my Batman has that dust all over his cape which sucks but at least it wipes off easily.

As far as hook handed Aquaman, was this figure ever a possibility? I thought the whole reason behind repainting this figure with an orange shirt was to make a cheap way of making a classic Aquaman since they already had a two handed version in the Stargirl/Parasite/Aquaman 3 pack?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:30 am 
MINT!

I actually own the Hawkman. Bought him and the Zatanna variant over a year ago from a Chinese seller.

Picture isn't that great. The colors look washed out. They really are much deeper in person.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:36 am 
Dog Squeezer

The Collector wrote:
I actually own the Hawkman. Bought him and the Zatanna variant over a year ago from a Chinese seller.

Picture isn't that great. The colors look washed out. They really are much deeper in person.

Hey Collector, if you're ever looking to sell your Hawkman let me know. I'd definately be interested. Congrats on the rare finds btw.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:50 am 
Aspires to be #1

If anyone tracks down another tracksuit batman or orange shirt aquaman let me know. Two figures I've been searching for a long time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next