Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: NYTF - JLU Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:10 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

The Vandal Savage/Savage Superman 3pack is so cool.
I've been on a Vandal Savage kick the past few days...
And I would TOTALLY read a comic or watch a cartoon where they had Superman fight crime in Metropolis wearing that stuff.
Him with a beard, a sword, and capeless is just EPIC!!!

But I do not want to spend nearly $40 on 3 JLU figures.
And on top of that all the Mattycollector horror stories I have read.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:58 pm 
Fugitive Dust

DrGreenEvil wrote:
And I would TOTALLY read a comic or watch a cartoon where they had Superman fight crime in Metropolis wearing that stuff.

Well, Mattycollector is going to go through major changes for the site as ToyGuru said at Toyfair. Other than price I really recommend purchasing this 3-Pack. It's an awesome pack, except for Batman, as Vandal Savage is a must have. Not that many Vandal Savage figures. I think the YJ figure was an attempt to see if JLU collectors would jump over for Vandal in YJ form.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:12 pm 
Collector Inspector

Velocity wrote:
DrGreenEvil wrote:

Well, Mattycollector is going to go through major changes for the site as ToyGuru said at Toyfair. Other than price I really recommend purchasing this 3-Pack. It's an awesome pack, except for Batman, as Vandal Savage is a must have. Not that many Vandal Savage figures. I think the YJ figure was an attempt to see if JLU collectors would jump over for Vandal in YJ form.

I'm not complaining, trying to suggest anything change, poopooing the 3-pack, etc, etc...BUT...how awesome would that 3-pack have been if this guy was in it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:32 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
KRaZeE wrote:

I'm not complaining, trying to suggest anything change, poopooing the 3-pack, etc, etc...BUT...how awesome would that 3-pack have been if this guy was in it?

It would have been awesome! +1 for you sir. :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:50 am 
Aspires to be #1

They've pretty much gotten to most of the Vandal pack I used to ask for

Black Hawk
Sgt. Rock
Vandal
Toyman
Hereafter Supes
Savage Time Batman

We''ll end up with 4 out of those 6 when it's all said and done. Most people thought I was crazy when I'd make that suggestion though haha.

Last edited by j1h15233 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:01 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Christhorne wrote:

I love this banner. Excellent work!
It brought a smile to my face, not just because it's true, but because it really shows how enthusiastic JLU fans are for this toy line.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:33 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Van Statten wrote:
Myself, I've done some incredible things in the toy and comic industry... well things I find incredible and if anything they certainly are interesting. Although I won't talk about them simply because, how can I prove it?

That's why I like telling the story how Warner Brothers Animation once called a meeting simply because of me. :)

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:53 am 
Brand Manager

Chilton wrote:
Christhorne wrote:

I love this banner. Excellent work!
It brought a smile to my face, not just because it's true, but because it really shows how enthusiastic JLU fans are for this toy line.

I second that! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:11 am 
Fugitive Dust

Dusty wrote:
KRaZeE wrote:

It would have been awesome! +1 for you sir. :)

D.

you talking about something like this? Casimir owns the first one i made which is a better version. but i will be working to bring this character out later this year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:53 am 
Cold-cast

That's awesome Stew! I'll definitely be picking one up once you make him available. Savage Time Bats was at the top of my list for unproduced JLU figures. The work you guys do over at Custom Justice is great.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 am 
my tummy itches

Wow stew! That looks awesome! :lol:

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:55 pm 
Former King of Posts

It is odd that Mattel did not make the variants of Superman and Batman that were actually on the show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:02 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

superfriend wrote:
It is odd that Mattel did not make the variants of Superman and Batman that were actually on the show.

Most of the in show variants would have require new tooling. Superman Red, Blue, and Prime were just new colors. I'm surprised there weren't way more variants... Superman alone you have at least 4 more off the top of my head that would have only require minor paint adjustments. Same with Batman...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:40 am 
PVC

OMG OMG

shaking and crying! I was browsing through the Toy fair album and saw these and I was so stunned at seeing the toyman dr destiny and firefly figures. I was in disbelief.

6x30 = 180 + SHIPPING = 222. I can live with that.

Still, I'm bummed about Aquaman to be sure, but it's alright. I wanted Toyman and Firefly more than anything. Firefly >>>>>> Aquaman

Seriously, even though I don't care too much about Dr. Destiny, that 3-pack is all kinds of awesome.

I also am missing that particular batman, so.... :D.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 am 
Wonderdog

MoMoney wrote:
Bottom line - no one at Mattel cared/cares about JLU more than Scott, so let's give credit where it's due, huh? Since JLU is, for all intents and purposes, dead

Van Statten wrote:
On other sites there are threads simply for thanking a toy company for producing this and producing that... I don't get it? Why should I thank them? They didn't produce anything for me, sure they did it to get my money... so I could get their product... maybe sometimes I'm thankful for a company's way of thinking outside of the box or delving into an area that may have seemed a bit unmarketable but until they start actually giving me a thing or two personally or for free... what do I really owe them?

These two quotes nicely sum up the ongoing and unwinnable argument that seems to take over nearly every JLU thread on this site. And you know what? You both make valid points.

However.

The argument was repeatedly made that there was no money to be made from JLU, and we couldn't expect Mattel to produce these figures out of the goodness of their hearts (and what was up with the sense of entitlement?). And now that the figures are going to be produced, it seems that the argument being made is that Mattel is doing this altruistically as a favor to us, and we should all be exceedingly grateful, and money has nothing to do with it.
Personally, I am grateful. Happy as I could be about this. And I give Scott, and whoever accepted the pitch, their share of credit. But as Scott himself made sure to note, the fans deserve their share of the credit as well. And the logical conclusion to be drawn is that there is some money to be made here after all. At least on these ready-for-production figures.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next