Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: TG and Mattel JLU another chance!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:31 am 
categorically opposed

DanMan wrote:
superfriend wrote:
It is a good point that the GLTAS show has barely aired and therefore has relatively few fans of its own at this point.

It is a fair point, but if the show does become a hit, Mattel will miss the entire first year of its airing to make figures. A year is practically forever in terms of kids and toys; if it is a hit, the show will probably air new episodes for 2-3 years, meaning Mattel will have missed 1/3-1/2 of potential sales.

Still, I think these eBay leaks prove that Mattel wanted to get figures out and plans have changed since then.

But, given that it looks like the hardest part of the creation process is done, if they get retail to place orders, all they really have to do is turn the machines on.

So they may not miss out on much at all. Does GLTAS even have an official start date at this point?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:36 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

And let's not forget - Mattel only started really making JL figures well into the show's run. By the end of the second season we had....what? The main 7 and three villains? I think that was it...and they've continued to release figures well after the show ended. So it's likely they'll play the waiting game here, rather than turn the machines on now and risk putting more GL product on shelves that no one wants to buy.

And again - where was this Volcana figure? I only saw on on Ebay, in a huge lot with a opening bid in the thousands! Someone message me please...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 pm 
Resin

Disney Boy, the Volcana was a buy it now for $100. She was purchased by someone last night so a search for her now will not turn up any results. I wanted to pick her up but just couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Thanks - I couldn't find her listing now matter how much I searched!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:28 am 
my tummy itches

Have not found her since. Unlike the other '' rare'' figures i believe volcana is the only official rare one along with the 6 packs. Aquaman is only rare because there is demand. Volcana only shows up moc every 2 months and loose about once a month. with aquaman there is always one readily avalible for a high price like on amazon or on ebay.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:27 pm 
Fugitive Dust

MoMoney wrote:
So they may not miss out on much at all. Does GLTAS even have an official start date at this point?

I saw a commercial saying it was going to air Saturdays in March. I imagine they'll rerun the premiere in episode length episodes first and then run a new episode or two. Cartoon Network doesn't like to overwhelm its viewers with too many new episodes in a short time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 pm 
Resin

DC Nation is set to premiere on Saturday, March 3rd starting at 10:00 a.m EST. I believe Young Justice is first, the GLTAS at 10:30. I may be wrong on the order, but I looked at the listing on my channel guide this morning to confirm the date...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:52 pm 
my tummy itches

Derby wrote:
DC Nation is set to premiere on Saturday, March 3rd starting at 10:00 a.m EST. I believe Young Justice is first, the GLTAS at 10:30. I may be wrong on the order, but I looked at the listing on my channel guide this morning to confirm the date...

Good to know. :D

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7