All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: After jlu is over?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:16 am 
AFA Graded

Casimir wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
greatwhite made...
Poison Ivy

From Casimir's head sculpt, cast by Stew.

C.

I at least mentioned that on the other threads before hand.
Correction made, Sorry about that Casimir. :oops:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:09 pm 
Cold-cast

After JLU is over I will:

1) Breathe a sigh of relief

2) Buy or make some customs to fill in the holes (Savage Time Batman, Future GL, Future Barda)

3) Wait patiently for "Beware the Batman" animated figure line

4) Hope Mattel pulls a Movie Masters and Batman Legacy with the Timmverse and creates "DC Animated Classics"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:40 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I am glad it's over. Plus with Lego getting the Marvel and DC license. I am now collecting Lego's.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:29 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Super Shaft wrote:
I am glad it's over. Plus with Lego getting the Marvel and DC license. I am now collecting Lego's.

Ditto, I love Lego.
But (in an alternate universe) if Mattel were to continue doing JLU they would have to make them back to being 5 bucks a single and 10 bucks for a 3-pack and make the plastic/paint quality better and the distribution 1,000,000,000x better so that everybody who wants every character can get one without having to pay Ebay scalpers 100x what the figure is actually worth...
Ahem, sorry rant over, now back to the original topic... those customs rock!... wait still wrong topic... I mean after JLU... I want GLTAS! ;)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 am 
Collector Inspector

I'll get back to serious customizing. Actually, now that there's a "final" figure tally, I can get to work on (or purchase) ones that I can be sure won't get made.

I'm kind of annoyed that Mattel told us this last batch was off the table and then reversed it, because I'd started buying customs of figures that are now coming out. I'm glad they changed their minds, but I'd rather have used the money on figures that won't ever get made. A small annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but an annoyance nonetheless.

I have a funny feeling that there might be some other animated style figures eventually, even if they're DC Direct figures.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 am 
Wonderdog

Bryan Long wrote:
I'll get back to serious customizing. Actually, now that there's a "final" figure tally, I can get to work on (or purchase) ones that I can be sure won't get made.

I'm kind of annoyed that Mattel told us this last batch was off the table and then reversed it, because I'd started buying customs of figures that are now coming out. I'm glad they changed their minds, but I'd rather have used the money on figures that won't ever get made. A small annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but an annoyance nonetheless.

Pretty much in the same boat. My first custom was Captain Marvel, back when we thought we'd never get him. Then, maybe a month after I finished him, and was in the process of gathering the bits to make Question, both CM & Question were announced at Comic Con. :evil:

Well, I learned my lesson from that. I decided not to make any more customs until the line had run its course. I even held off on my most-wanted non-show character, Ambush Bug, on the off chance they might actually get around to him (even though I knew he was a long, long, loooong shot). So when the 'final year' announcement came, it was kind of good news because I knew the wait was over, and I could finally get to work without wondering if Mattel would make a better version next year. :D

I never even started collecting the pieces for the as-yet unreleased figures because I was always pretty optimistic we'd see them one day (plus I was not looking forward to pulling off some of those paint jobs). I'm glad I trusted my gut on that one.

Got a much-wanted custom in the works right now, and enough custom fodder to last me a good long time! My challenge to myself is to see how many I can complete before JLU comes back to Mattycollector.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 am 
AFA Graded

ed case wrote:
Pretty much in the same boat. My first custom was Captain Marvel, back when we thought we'd never get him. Then, maybe a month after I finished him, and was in the process of gathering the bits to make Question, both CM & Question were announced at Comic Con. :evil:

Same thing happened to me a month after I made my Barry Allen.

ImageImage

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:15 am 
Collector Inspector

I'm glad I was lazy about painting my custom Mongul, Vandal Savage, Toyman, etc. from Stew Customs. but there are PLENTY of figs I knew they'd never make that are sitting on my workbench. I really need to get a move on with them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:04 am 
shirtless hugger

tuning4k wrote:
I'm glad I was lazy about painting my custom Mongul, Vandal Savage, Toyman, etc. from Stew Customs. but there are PLENTY of figs I knew they'd never make that are sitting on my workbench. I really need to get a move on with them.

Ditto, i'm glad i didn't paint mine either. Now at least i can use them for actual variants like more yellowish Mongul and non-crack Toyman!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 pm 
active in the community

JLU isn't technically over. Mattel did say Young Justice was supposed to take it's place. I know many don't like to compare both lines, but I see them as similar. The only thing I'm mad and sad about is that I don't have the rare 6 packs that many people still don't have. So I'm counting on Mattel to release these for us and then continue on to the Young Justice line.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:22 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Far_Night wrote:
JLU isn't technically over. Mattel did say Young Justice was supposed to take it's place. I know many don't like to compare both lines, but I see them as similar. The only thing I'm mad and sad about is that I don't have the rare 6 packs that many people still don't have. So I'm counting on Mattel to release these for us and then continue on to the Young Justice line.

I would actually say the opposite. Not only is JLU over, it's been over.

While we are getting these releases soon, none of these are new, right? We were shown these a while back and they're finally getting them out, but it's not like we got anything new (or is there something new?)

And I would say that the chances of them releasing those rare 6 packs are next to none.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:49 pm 
my tummy itches

I guess firefly and Dr. Destiny are new because we only saw testshots on eBay. The other figures were not new AT ALL. All us fans did last year was buy other stuff and fight for these packs. 2011 should be called " the year of the fight for the unreleased ". And all of that payed off. Technically I thought at the beginning of 2011 that Scott denied firefly and Dr. Destiny but I may be wrong. As for toyman and the others nope, not really new. Just a beautiful favor. - kalibak :mrgreen: :twisted:

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:17 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I want a Batman Beyond series, under a "DC Nation" banner or a "DCAUniverse" banner, that would rock. I would love a Shriek, Blight, Mr. Freeze, Stalker, Zeta, Mad Stan, Spell Binder, Ingue, Joker (from the "Return of The Joker" DTV) and a transparent plastic Batman Beyond, (invisible Batman) and etc, etc, that would be awesome... :)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Dusty wrote:
I want a Batman Beyond series, under a "DC Nation" banner or a "DCAUniverse" banner, that would rock. I would love a Shriek, Blight, Mr. Freeze, Stalker, Zeta, Mad Stan, Spell Binder, Ingue, Joker (from the "Return of The Joker" DTV) and a transparent plastic Batman Beyond, (invisible Batman) and etc, etc, that would be awesome... :)

D.

im totally with you, it would be awessome to have a translucent Batman Beyond, or an Ace for Old Bruce, and future joker rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 pm 
Cold-cast

Far_Night wrote:

Figures based on Bruce Timm's character designs are over (for now). YJ and hopefully GL Animated or Beware The Batman will tide me over until Mattel or DC Direct begin to reinstate the Timmverse toys.