Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: JLU- MOC vs. Loose
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:31 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I collect both JLU and MOTU...

I keep my JLU loose for various reasons...
* Display
* Storage
* Play:) Yes, I rearrange them into different teams, line ups, and stuff
* I buy a LOT of customs, so it's fun to have them mesh
* JLU doesn't seem to lose much if any value with loose vs MOC

MOTUC... I keep in the package.
I love them, and hope to one day have a mansion, but I don't feel the need to display them, or rearrange them. They're just cool looking and I must own them. Of course I love the mythos, but beyond that, it's all MOC, period, no loosies.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I'm not too picky, I have a mix of loose JLU and some MOC.
Some of the theme 3-packs look good MOC (the Justice Lords and Green Lanterns, even the BARF)(Oh! The Grey Ghost pack too!)

Some of the packaging looks great, it's a shame to rip it open and chuck it out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

MisterMiracle wrote:
I'm a loose collector so that's not an issue for me. That is, however, an interesting dilemma for a MOC collector that I never really considered before.

And thats why Star wars Modern Mail away figures go for insane money-- (or even the Build a Droids or CNCs-)-- because carded collectors think they should have them in their collection-- but wont open their collection to get them (or for some reason not by clearance clone wars figures for the UPCs-- because apparently they have no use for loose figures).....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:30 pm 
my tummy itches

Anyway jlu is kind of hard to keep MOC. Especially when you try to group figures by heroes. Like you may have a volcana in one pack but what aboutthe green arrow and hawk? they have nothing to do with superman.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:16 pm 
Collector Inspector

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Anyway jlu is kind of hard to keep MOC. Especially when you try to group figures by heroes. Like you may have a volcana in one pack but what aboutthe green arrow and hawk? they have nothing to do with superman.

I have mine all grouped by series, hanging on the wall. All the JL are together, all the JLU are together, all the DCSH, etc, etc. That's about as close as I come to grouping them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:21 pm 
my tummy itches

That's also a good idea. Its also just how you group it. I am always interested to hear a moc collectors way of getting around stuff like that. I just opened most of my jlu because I collected loose BTAS years before that. I even grabbed a few Mattel stuff.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 am 
shirtless hugger

I have a tiny apartment in NYC, so I am keeping my figures MOC until I have room to display them. This means they take up more storage space, but it's worth it, imo, to avoid scuffs and scrapes.

And keeping them MOC means the storage bins are lighter. I opened all my Muppets figures from Palisades, but when I moved to New York, I had to put them in storage. Those bins are so freaking heavy!

Plus, I really like some of the packaging. The basic packaging holds the figures well without weakening their ankles, and the deluxe packaging, like that for Giganta and Solomon Grundy, looks really cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 am 
my tummy itches

Dont have grundy or giganta but they are definantly on my want list. Giganta will be the cheaper of the 2 to pick up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:45 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

GregNYC wrote:
I have a tiny apartment in NYC, so I am keeping my figures MOC until I have room to display them. This means they take up more storage space, but it's worth it, imo, to avoid scuffs and scrapes.

And keeping them MOC means the storage bins are lighter. I opened all my Muppets figures from Palisades, but when I moved to New York, I had to put them in storage. Those bins are so freaking heavy!

Plus, I really like some of the packaging. The basic packaging holds the figures well without weakening their ankles, and the deluxe packaging, like that for Giganta and Solomon Grundy, looks really cool.
Same here (well, I don't have an apartment, but my toy rooms shelves are already overflowing. I have my carded JLU pinned to the wall, not groups, but very oderly, and then the 6 packs stacked up in a bookshelf, then Giganta's pack and some of the matty exclusive 3 packs on a shelf. I'd love to display them loose, but right now, I don't have an open shelf and there's already 9 shelfs in my toyroom, not counting 2 bookcases, a coffee table, a smaller table and a mini shelf bookcase type thing my father built that is 6 feet high and has 5 shelves...I have plenty of other lines loose (My vintage AD&D, Starriors, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTU, tons of windups, madball heapoppers, PVC's Army Ants, GERMS, etc. so it's a pretty balanced MOC/loose collection.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.