Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 am 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8665
Location: Rochester, NY
yeah, I don't mind the lightning wrist attachments as they are fairly generic, but turning the figure around and seeing an "S-shield" glaring back at me really ruins the effect.

My biggest problem with the figure (greyness not withstanding) is that it, just like the "skittles" lantern wave is that these costumes existed in the comics for all of about 3 story minutes.

Really?!?!?

What is the point of that?

There are so many other versions of the Flash that should've been done instead of that figure. I understand it was a link to the Nekron CnC (and to the Sinestro as well), but it was just a useless variant in the stories and a useless variant in the toy line as well.

I understand "different strokes" and all that, but at some point, legacy and longevity have to hold more sway over the "flash in the pan" (no pun intended) hotness of "Right-Now".

_________________
"It's not perfect, but I'm kinda excited to have 'em" - Jason Lenzi.

Couldn't have said it better myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6242
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Well I found something even more genius in this wave-- lets see- he just had 1 year of shelf exposure and his figures didnt sell--- so you know what-- I really hope they use Hal Jordan as an All Star in that last wave... :roll:


Target by my work is now up to 6 of them hanging on the pegs and no other figures...

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
My wife picked up Red Arrow and White Lantern Flash for me at Target tonight. Only got WLF for the Nekron piece. I guess one of my sons will take him, as they liked all the Blackest Night/Brightest Day stuff.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:47 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1595
Location: Rockland NY/Northern NJ
stewbacca wrote:
Well I found something even more genius in this wave-- lets see- he just had 1 year of shelf exposure and his figures didnt sell--- so you know what-- I really hope they use Hal Jordan as an All Star in that last wave... :roll:


Target by my work is now up to 6 of them hanging on the pegs and no other figures...



All Hal's DCUC figures have sold real well (at least arond here) it's the movie figures that didn't really sell...and even with that line it seemed to be more of the other characters in the line that didn't sell well. Although my TRU does have a bunch of the MM Hal's single & 2-Packs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:00 am 
User avatar
Hat Pooper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 589
Location: LeRoy, NY
Has anyone seen Wave 20 in any stores lately?

I'm still looking for Green Arrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
jediblood wrote:
Has anyone seen Wave 20 in any stores lately?

I'm still looking for Green Arrow.


Do they still sell DC toys at retail?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:14 am 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
Ha!

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:54 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 1342
Location: The Midwest of America
I saw the shiny Hal Jordan All -Star at Target for $16.00 and he doesn't come with a stand or a lantern. I was amazed. How does Mattel do it?

I saw Wave 20 at The Mall of America for $21.99 each including Green Arrow. Same price with my LCS. I'm seeing bits of Wave 20, mostly in the far away suburban Targets. I might have seen Green Arrow once or twice. I'm going to go out and look around actually. I've only bought Sinestro so far through BBTS. I'm waiting for another Target sale. I still see lots of Wave 17 and a Magog here and there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 20 on eBay!!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 am 
User avatar
Hat Pooper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 589
Location: LeRoy, NY
funtime3 wrote:
I saw the shiny Hal Jordan All -Star at Target for $16.00 and he doesn't come with a stand or a lantern. I was amazed. How does Mattel do it?

I saw Wave 20 at The Mall of America for $21.99 each including Green Arrow. Same price with my LCS. I'm seeing bits of Wave 20, mostly in the far away suburban Targets. I might have seen Green Arrow once or twice. I'm going to go out and look around actually. I've only bought Sinestro so far through BBTS. I'm waiting for another Target sale. I still see lots of Wave 17 and a Magog here and there.



Have you seen Sandman lately?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.048s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]