Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel Select Colossus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 pm 
MINT!

I don't hear too much about Marvel Select stuff lately but I am super psyched about Marvel Select Colossus that's coming out around February. I heard he's gonna be about eight inches tall, which is about the same height as MS Juggy. If that's the case then he's gonna tower over my ML Colossus. It also looks like his articulation is top notch for a MS figure. It looks like his biceps swivel and his wrists twist and bend forward and back. From just the one photo I've seen he looks to be the most functionally articulated MS figure yet. I just might have to get more than one of him. Check him out:

Diamond Select Toys' New Marvel Select Colossus

Post subject: Re: Marvel Select Colossus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 pm 
MINT!

Oops! I forgot to copy a link to him.

http://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/ ... age/874975

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:17 pm 
MINT!

I just checked my Facebook and Diamond Select Toys posted nineteen new photos of their MS Colossus. They put him up next to MS Gambit to give us a better idea of his size and yes he looks huge. Here's the link. I can't wait to get him.

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/marvel ... -colossus/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:13 pm 
MINT!

Just heard that MS Colossus was shipped and released early so he's available now! I haven't gotten mine just yet but I'm certainly gonna pick him up within the week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:08 pm 
MINT!

Got my MS Colossus in the mail a few days ago and he was everything I hoped he would be and more. His articulation is top notch save for the limited hips but that's okay with me because it helps maintain the integrity of the sculpt.
I was surprised by the 'rocker' ankles which brings his poseability to another level. Too, his head is connected to his neck via a double ball jointed rod similar looking to a dog bone and that gives his head lots of posing options. If you like, you can do a stop motion picture movie and make him do that sassy black girl head swaying thing. (Oh no you didn't!) Did I just cross the line on that last one? :(
Another thing that I loved about this guy is his stability. All the joints are rock solid.
My only two gripes with this guy is that his fists look kinda small and his upper arms look scrawny at certain angles. Other than that he beats out my marvel legends Colossus with ease. He's also over an inch taller than the ML. Highly recommended. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 pm 
MINT!

Again also, I think that the marriage between sculpt and articulation is so good that every pose you put him in looks like he can be a statue in itself. Love this guy so much I just bought another one online.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:38 pm 
5th Horseman

Does the spiked wall that Colossus comes with attach to the Danger room walls from Cyclops and Gambit? I'm dying to see all of these combined. It looks like the upcoming Storm also connects!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:59 pm 
MINT!

Unfortunately it doesn't connect without some creative rigging. And the Danger room walls are all similar with the other x-men including storm.