Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favorite JLU figure from the rarest 6 packs?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:57 pm 
Brand Manager

tuning4k wrote:
I barely slept last night so forgive me if my brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

What was the story with the JLU Signal Man figure? Was that a only a rumor or is there possibly a prototype kicking around out there somewhere?

Signal-Man was always a possibility on account that no new tooling was needed.

And as for as the Hard-to-Find 6-packs go... I think I've had the #1 Spot on our Unofficial Justice League Unlimited Want List! for a couple of years now, and not once have I've been contacted for a sale. (Not that there's anything wrong with saving them for a trade. But I thought I'd clear the air. 'Cause it hasn't been all ponies and roses and unicorns.)

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
Signal Man

Last edited by red Ricky on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:57 pm 
my tummy itches

Can I have the link to the other figures on the list? And J if you happen to come across another and for a decent price please put me on your list for it. I actually collected JLU a little bit when I collected TNBA. Ive collected BTAS ever since it was out. And back in 05 I got the grodd pack because of joker and the clear martian, brainiac, superman ( i think it was s- man ) 3 pack. Really love those packs though. Its very weird because I'm a hybrid collector. MOC and LOOSE. Rarities moc and normal loose.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:01 pm 
Resin

Its all about timing. I finished up the Legends of League and Secret Society II figures thanks to some AFiers parting with their collections in bulk a few months back. Then happened upon some "buy it nows" of smaller lots on Ebay around the $70 range that had a few of these figures in them along with some other not so common figures and have been able to help some others out that were missing them. Still have a few from each pack too. I was also able to vulture some with offers to Ebayers I noticed just werent able to sell theirs because they had them for somewhat silly prices. I sent a couple of offers with links to other auctions that sold to show what the "market" was and they accepted.Obviously this doesnt always work, but in these instances it did. So I have loose sets of both and MIB of both now. Im more of a loose figure person but with the "rare(er)" figures I do try to pick them up OC or IB if I can. For those that dont have them always keep an eye out. It can be done but its probably not gonna happen without paying "more than retail". That is unless you stumble upon someone just trying to dump their collection.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:15 pm 
Aspires to be #1

That JLU want list has been and always will be a farce of sorts. If I had something people were looking for I would either go directly to someone I knew was looking for it or I would scan those lists and deal with someone I had dealt with before or someone I trusted, regardless of their position in line. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who did that. That thread is certainly helpful but some people put too much stock in it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:23 pm 
my tummy itches

I really need a kgbeast if anyone has an extra one of those.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:45 pm 
Brand Manager

j1h15233 wrote:
That JLU want list has been and always will be a farce of sorts. If I had something people were looking for I would either go directly to someone I knew was looking for it or I would scan those lists and deal with someone I had dealt with before or someone I trusted, regardless of their position in line. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who did that.

Still... not wanting to deal with someone, is a different tune from claiming no one wanted them. Plus, those lists have plenty of good people who may not have figures to trade/swap, but still have money. So I wouldn't call it a farce. We are super-nice. We pay fast. And we have good trader ratings. So it's not as bad as you make it out to be. At least, it wasn't for me (and those that took a leap of faith and did business with me.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:00 pm 
Aspires to be #1

red Ricky wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
That JLU want list has been and always will be a farce of sorts. If I had something people were looking for I would either go directly to someone I knew was looking for it or I would scan those lists and deal with someone I had dealt with before or someone I trusted, regardless of their position in line. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who did that.

Still... not wanting to deal with someone, is a different tune from claiming no one wanted them. Plus, those lists have plenty of good people who may not have figures to trade/swap, but still have money. So I wouldn't call it a farce. We are super-nice. We pay fast. And we have good trader ratings. So it's not as bad as you make it out to be. At least, it wasn't for me (and those that took a leap of faith and did business with me.)

I don't remember saying those people didn't want them. And once you have a bad trading experience on here (and count me as one of those) I'm much more willing to deal with someone I trust instead of arbitrarily using a list because someone was at their computer before someone else.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:33 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

If you're not willing to pay 5 dollars extra for me to ship it, then you don't really want them. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it. The second pack was even worse. By that point, everyone knew they weren't finding them and wouldn't pony up 40 bucks for them. I only asked what I had to pay and you'll never find a much cheaper deal.[/quote]
I didn't really look in here at the time, or I would've taken you up on it. :( I was more casually collecting the line then and I collect so many other lines, vintage and new, that it was out of my budget when I did see them on Ebay. Plus all my JLU are MOC, otherwise I would scoop them up loose one at a time. I don't have the shelf space to display them loose, and already have so many loose figures of other lines, I keep these on card and they make a nice display pinned to my wall (or walls actually, and closet door, and a few on the floor, etc. lol)

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:55 am 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
tuning4k wrote:
I barely slept last night so forgive me if my brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

What was the story with the JLU Signal Man figure? Was that a only a rumor or is there possibly a prototype kicking around out there somewhere?

That was on a rumored list of figures that was about half true. I don't think Signal Man is in prototype form anywhere.

This is the rumored list that popped up late 2009/early 2010. As j1h15233 pointed out, the list turned out to be about half true.

3 Packs

: JLU ADAM STRANGE,ANIMAL MAN,STARFIRE
: JLU BATMAN,DEVIL RAY,SUPERMAN
: JLU BATMAN,FLASH,CAPTAIN COLD
: JLU BATMAN,GREEN LANTERN,MANHUNTER
: JLU BATMAN,JOKER,GRAY GHOST
: JLU BATMAN,SUPERMAN,PLASTIC MAN
: JLU DESPERO,GRN LANTERN,KATMAI TUI
: JLU GA FLASH,FA GRN LANTERN,GA HAWKMAN
: JLU MANHUNTER,GRN LANTERN,MAHUNTER CHARGED
: JLU NIGHTWING,BATGIRL,PENGUIN
: JLU SPERMAN,ADAM STRANGE,FLASH
: JLU SUPERMAN,AQUAMAN,ECLIPSO
: JLU SUPERMAN,LIVEWIRE,WEATHER WIZARD
: JLU WARLORD,DEMOS,SUPERGIRL

SINGLES

: JLU AQUAMAN WITH TRIDENT
: JLU ATOM W/MINI ATOM
: JLU BATMAN BEYOND W/FUTURE BATARANG
: JLU BATMAN W/BATARANG
: JLU BATMAN W/BATMITE
: JLU BIG BARDA W/MEGA ROD
: JLU BLACKHAWK W/SPEAR OF DESTINY
: JLU BRANIAC CLASSIC W/ SHRINKING GUN
: JLU CYBORG SUPERMAN W/YELLOW LANTERN
: JLU FLASH 2 W/LIGHTNING BOLT
: JLU GREEN ARROW W/BOW AND ARROW
: JLU HAWKGIRL W/MACE
: JLU MARTIAN MANHUNTER W/GOGGLES
: JLU MR TERRIFIC W/T-SPHERE
: JLU PLASTIC MAN W/MAILBOX
: JLU POWER RING W/CONSTRUCT
: JLU SIGNAL MAN W/MONEY BAG
: JLU STAR SAPIRE W/MONEY BAG
: JLU SUPERMAN JLU W/STARRO
: JLU SUPERMAN W/KANDOR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 am 
Aspires to be #1

Cyborg Superman is the only one from those lists I wish we had gotten that we didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 am 
Collector Inspector

j1h15233 wrote:
Cyborg Superman is the only one from those lists I wish we had gotten that we didn't.

Seconded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Wow I'd forgotten about that list. Although I think it's more than about half correct...

3 Packs
: JLU ADAM STRANGE,ANIMAL MAN,STARFIRE - Correct except it was Starman not Starfire
: JLU BATMAN,DEVIL RAY,SUPERMAN - Correct (overseas release)
: JLU BATMAN,FLASH,CAPTAIN COLD - Correct (overseas release)
: JLU BATMAN,GREEN LANTERN,MANHUNTER - Eventually correct (Guy Gardner pack)
: JLU BATMAN,JOKER,GRAY GHOST - Correct
: JLU BATMAN,SUPERMAN,PLASTIC MAN - Not sure about this one
: JLU DESPERO,GRN LANTERN,KATMAI TUI - Correct
: JLU GA FLASH,FA GRN LANTERN,GA HAWKMAN - Correct
: JLU MANHUNTER,GRN LANTERN,MAHUNTER CHARGED - Correct
: JLU NIGHTWING,BATGIRL,PENGUIN - Correct
: JLU SPERMAN,ADAM STRANGE,FLASH - Incorrect
: JLU SUPERMAN,AQUAMAN,ECLIPSO - Not sure about this one. Overseas maybe?
: JLU SUPERMAN,LIVEWIRE,WEATHER WIZARD - Correct
: JLU WARLORD,DEMOS,SUPERGIRL - Correct

SINGLES
: JLU AQUAMAN WITH TRIDENT - Correct
: JLU ATOM W/MINI ATOM - Correct
: JLU BATMAN BEYOND W/FUTURE BATARANG - Correct
: JLU BATMAN W/BATARANG - Correct
: JLU BATMAN W/BATMITE - 1/2 point. Batmite swapped for Wonder Pig
: JLU BIG BARDA W/MEGA ROD - Correct
: JLU BLACKHAWK W/SPEAR OF DESTINY - Incorrect
: JLU BRANIAC CLASSIC W/ SHRINKING GUN - Correct
: JLU CYBORG SUPERMAN W/YELLOW LANTERN - :cry: :cry: Incorrect
: JLU FLASH 2 W/LIGHTNING BOLT - Correct
: JLU GREEN ARROW W/BOW AND ARROW - Correct
: JLU HAWKGIRL W/MACE - Incorrect
: JLU MARTIAN MANHUNTER W/GOGGLES - Correct
: JLU MR TERRIFIC W/T-SPHERE - Correct
: JLU PLASTIC MAN W/MAILBOX - Correct figure, wrong accessory
: JLU POWER RING W/CONSTRUCT - Correct
: JLU SIGNAL MAN W/MONEY BAG - Incorrect
: JLU STAR SAPPHIRE W/MONEY BAG - Correct figure, wrong accessory
: JLU SUPERMAN JLU W/STARRO - Correct
: JLU SUPERMAN W/KANDOR - Correct

So out of... 14 three packs, 11 were correct (78%). Not too shabby.

And out of 20 singles, 16 were correct (80%). But Cyborg Superman WOULD have been an awesome addition I agree.

As far as the actual topic, my favorite has to be Atomic Skull. Such a cool looking figure.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:16 pm 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:

I wouldn't spit at a Starfire figure.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Can we start pestering Toy Guru for a Signal Man/Starfire/Cyborg Superman 3-pack now? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

Let's whip up a banner and put it on the Save the JLU page!

... I mean, yeah, I'd buy that 3 pack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next