Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: It Really Angers Me...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:41 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I LOATH the star system.

And I'm not a fan of the comment mandate, either.

If I buy 12 miniatures from one seller, I have to leave 12 feedbacks. It's ridiculous. I just want to click POSITIVE say it was good and call it a day.

But will eBay do that for me? Hell, no.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:26 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I must be grandfathered in as well. I've never had funds held. In fact in the past, I've never shipped anything until I moved the money to my bank account.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:47 pm 
MINT!

I guess I don't buy often enough from ebay because I've had nothing but good experiences. In fact the only near bad one I've had was two weeks ago when I bought a MS Colossus on a Monday. Didn't ship till Wednesday. I had to wait through the lonnnggg Presidents Day weekend and didn't see my toy till Wednesday. But everything went according to plan. He ships withing three days which he did. Package arrives (NY to CA) between six to ten days it came in eight from the day shipped. I was a bit upset that I had to wait so long but shipping was free and toy was awesome. I did consider leaving a neutral feedback but I thought better of it. This past Saturday I ordered another MS Colossus from the same guy and by late Monday morning it was already in transit.
And as far as who should leave feedback first I think it is the buyer. I don't think that anyone should leave feedback at all until the transaction is complete and the only way to really know is if the buyer leaves feedback confirming that he received the product.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

BoDad wrote:
I guess I don't buy often enough from ebay because I've had nothing but good experiences. In fact the only near bad one I've had was two weeks ago when I bought a MS Colossus on a Monday. Didn't ship till Wednesday. I had to wait through the lonnnggg Presidents Day weekend and didn't see my toy till Wednesday. But everything went according to plan. He ships withing three days which he did. Package arrives (NY to CA) between six to ten days it came in eight from the day shipped. I was a bit upset that I had to wait so long but shipping was free and toy was awesome. I did consider leaving a neutral feedback but I thought better of it. This past Saturday I ordered another MS Colossus from the same guy and by late Monday morning it was already in transit.

No offense implied-- but why -from your description of the transaction- would you even consider leaving neutral feedback-- there is nothing the seller did that any good seller wouldnt do.. He shipped within 2 days of your payment-- once it leaves his hands (provided it is packed well and he didin't lie and ship it parcel instead of how he stated) its out of his control. There should be no hesitation on leaving postive feedback in that situation..

There are people that expect next day delivery even when you state that you will ship it parcel post-- those people have unreal expectations- they want all the perks of Retail- but at a cheaper price (and want amazon like service from part time sellers) and from a sellers point of view those people are almost worse than the non payers...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:01 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

New stuff- from ebay-- Bye bye discounts for me..

Ebay has pretty much completely moved away from the part time sellers to people that use ebay as their online store...Now Im supposed to guarantee returns of as-is items, and ship day after payment--. yeah thats gonna happen :P
What happens when someone pays at 11:59 PST-- am I supposed to stay up until 3 in the morning- to wait to ship items-- what a joke-- My favorite part- is they act like they are doing me a favor by taking away the discounts

Ecommerce standards for service have evolved in the three years since the eBay Top-rated seller program was first introduced, and savvy merchants like you have adapted to compete. Now the Top-rated seller program will also evolve to keep pace.

Starting in June, Top-rated sellers will need to have tracking information uploaded to eBay within their stated handling time on 90% or more of their transactions with US buyers. As of June 1, the 20% final value fee discount and greatest on average boost in Best Match will go to those listings from Top-rated sellers that include 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option. Listings without these two services will still have the Top-rated seller badge and some boost in Best Match but will not earn the discounts or the highest average boost in Best Match.

Based on a February 20 evaluation, you'll need to take a few steps to keep your Top-rated benefits in June:

Start now to upload tracking information to meet the 90% mark. The easiest way to upload tracking information is to use eBay Labels. It's fast and easy, and tracking information is uploaded automatically. And USPS® now offers FREE Delivery Confirmation ™ with eBay Labels for many services, including First-Class Package service for parcels!

Update any 3-day or 7-day returns in your current listings to 14-days or longer with a money-back refund option.

Add the combination of 1-day handling time and minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back option to as many of your listings as possible.

As an extra reward for adding these in-demand services to your listings now, from March 1 to May 31, you'll get a bonus 5% discount off your final value fees—along with your current 20% discount—for all listings with 1-day handling and 14-day or longer returns with a money-back. Be sure to update your listings now to take full advantage of this discount!

Safeguards for your hard-earned performance record

New seller protections help ensure your performance record is an accurate reflection of your great service:

Get an automatic 5-star Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) for Communication when you specify same-day or 1-day handling, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day, and no communication is needed between you and the buyer.

Feedback left for a transaction where the buyer had an unpaid item recorded will be automatically removed.

Earlier this year, eBay started displaying an automatic message on the View Item page to buyers outside the US regarding customs-related delays and customs duties. Because of this, any Feedback from international buyers that only references customs issues will qualify for Feedback removal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

It says that's for Top Rated Sellers though... are you a Top Rated Seller? If so that's cool, never met one outside of E-bay!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:05 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Yes I am-- the reality of this is I wont change how I do things now-- and it just means- I lose 2% of my net sales -- because Ill be damned before offering return options on previously owned items-- or DVDs--

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:12 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
I must be grandfathered in as well. I've never had funds held. In fact in the past, I've never shipped anything until I moved the money to my bank account.

I've got an old paypal account, and I don't sell a lot on paypal. 99% of my paypal are purchases I've made, or dealings with you guys.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 am 
declined to be a vampire

If eBay really cares, they'd have a two tiered feedback system for sellers.

Teir 1 would be payment feedback: If a buyer uses paypal (or whatever in that respect) once payment is received the seller has 24 hours to leave a feedback or an automated "Fast Payer" feedback is left. That way the buyer isn't held hostage.

Then when the buyer receives the item, he/she can leave their rep, and if the rep is unsatisfactory the seller can respond.

Kind of like it used to be, but putting that first positive feedback as a response to show that at least that particular buyer is a timely payer.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 am 
Aspires to be #1

Bunger43 wrote:

Teir 1 would be payment feedback: If a buyer uses paypal (or whatever in that respect) once payment is received the seller has 24 hours to leave a feedback or an automated "Fast Payer" feedback is left. That way the buyer isn't held hostage.

Then when the buyer receives the item, he/she can leave their rep, and if the rep is unsatisfactory the seller can respond.

Kind of like it used to be, but putting that first positive feedback as a response to show that at least that particular buyer is a timely payer.

Couldn't agree more. They really need a revamp of the feedback system. I think both arguments being made here are valid and people can get screwed over either way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 pm 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. They really need a revamp of the feedback system. I think both arguments being made here are valid and people can get screwed over either way.

It's a win win for everyone. Buyer gets their rep immidiately showing they paid, and then the true rep can be left based on the condition, etc, and gives the seller a chance to defend himself if the buyer is being an ass.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 pm 

I'm down with that, Bunger43!

Another thing that gets me, is people that don't read. I state that I may ship anywhere from 5-7 days from the moment payment is received. This doesn't count Sundays or Holidays. Now, I have never had to ship that late but I never know when I make it out to the post office on time because our local one closed down with all these budget cuts.

So I have that stipulation as a safety net. I've never had to ship that late but you never know. But it's my Auction so my stipulations if you don't like you can move along... I hate the people who do buy from me and if I ship 3 or 4 days late they throw a fit or make a snotty remark on my feedback.

I simply tell them they can't read and the next thing they should buy is a Hooked on Phonics/ Golden Book of ABC's next.

I don't care what anyone says, the smaller sellers get to set their own parameters within the e-Bay frame work. And now it looks unless you're a Power Seller, you can pretty much name any terms you want.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 pm 
MINT!

@ Stew, no worries. I was being a little selfish because I was reading the feedback from this seller and they were all touting what a fast shipper he was. From one buyer to the next they loved the speed of service. But I don't blame him. It was a holiday weekend and also the toy could not get here fast enough. And too, thanks for all the Ebay info, Stew. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 am 
declined to be a vampire

It really wouldn't be hard to implement. Seller notifies ebay that payment has been received: Bam, automatic positive payment feedback left.

After that, both parties get to reply to any feedback left if it neutral or negative. No need to comment on positive feedback.

If the buyer leaves a negative feedback for any reason, then the seller gets to leave their comment. If the buyer leaves a negative feedback reason that is in direct relation to not reading on the auction, then their negative comment gets removed but the sellers rebuttal gets to stay.

They do this, the whole system cleans up in a relatively quick manner because people won't be as likely to be douchebags just because.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 am 

So get a load of this crap. A guy buys a Doctor Who Cyber Controller BAF from me. All the BAFs have a waist which snaps apart, it was a design flaw by the company. So basically no Cyber Controller will lock together. It'll hold but you can take him apart easily. So I send it in two pieces for ease of shipping. So when he gets it, he messages me says it's damages wants a refund, ect. SO I say sure, but I ask him to check around and look into the fact that he will never find a BAF which is tight. I have owned three and on other forums you hear the same thing.

Well... the partyboy leaves me a negative feedback. What a loser! I even agreed if he wanted to give it back he could. Some people are just idiots. So after that, I messaged him and he now he wants a partial refund and to keep the item.

So I contacted eBay... they were MOST helpful, this Seller Protection is really cool!

But to leave negative feedback before even contacting someone is ridiculous!

So I'm on the road to having his negative comment removed. Which is cool. If someone leaves you a negative which is utterly in wrong standing, especially if a refund has been offered or received eBay will have the feedback removed if the buyer refuses to do so.

There's a lot of great benefits to eBay you just need to read, and it can be a pain in the ass finding stuff on their site when you need information.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next