Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Jlu luck?!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 pm 
my tummy itches

she got it from a cousin.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:15 pm 
my tummy itches

he actually got it in a complete colllection for 1200$. That divided out by the# of figs comes out to be 3.50 a figure. :|

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm 
active in the community

That's pretty lucky. 7.99!!! That's like a steal. That actually happened to me last year. I went into a comic toy shop that looked quite abandoned and I think my eyes kind of watered. There were DC and Marvel toys everywhere. It looked like he hasn't sold not one thing since he opened. I looked around and I remembered that there were a lot of rare figures and toys, but since I was beginning to collect only JLU figures I didn't know any valuable ones. I remember seeing Crossbones from Marvel Legends, an unlimited supply of JLU toys and Gentleman Ghost from DC Classics. I didn't get any of them, but instead found a piece of treasure, a Volcana in the Green Arrow and Hawk 3 pack. I quickly took it and asked how much. He went to his laptop and searched for the price. He definitely saw the price on Ebay, but sold it to me for $20 knowing that I'll come back to buy more. The sad part is that a week later after finding out which figures are hard to find, I went back to the store and half the toys were gone. I'm guessing the guy started searching which figures were valuable and sold them through the internet. Lucky me for finding that one Volcana. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 pm 
my tummy itches

Yeah. About translucent volcana I wonder how many collectors prefer her over the regular?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:55 pm 
Resin

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Yeah. About translucent volcana I wonder how many collectors prefer her over the regular?

Well I dont prefer the translucent hair version but Id certainly like to add it to my collection. Ive stumbled upon two MOC Volcanas in the past month(I was the lucky one that grabbed the $29.95 buy it now a few days ago) and would gladly trade one for the translucent hair version.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

Last edited by BFantana on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:31 pm 
my tummy itches

Im so glad for you! Its not the 8$ I payed for it but still a steal! Especially since it was on the internet. I'm getting a translucent volcana soon. It will be my most prized jlu figure. Gosh that seller must be mad. :mrgreen: - kalibak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:06 pm 
3 3/4"

BFantana wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

Well I dont prefer the translucent hair version but Id certainly like to add it to my collection. Ive stumbled upon two MOC Volcanas in the past month(I was the lucky one that grabbed the $29.95 but it now a few days ago) and would gladly trade one for the translucent hair version.

Wow, congrats on grabbing Volcana for only $30. I'm shocked nobody else bid on that!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:02 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I have been pretty lucky when it came to JLU, I found Volcana I think twice when she was first released in the 3 pack. I bought one and sold it (her head was way too wobbly, and I didn't really like the sculpt at all.) Other times I was lucky with JLU stuff was when I won a Grundy figure for free from a contest back in 2005, (I was about to pay $40 bucks for one on Ebay which was a good deal, but nothing beats free.) I also found an Aquaman single pack with trident (long hair version) at TRU for $0.25 in 2007 or 2008 I can't remember for sure when it was, someone had stuffed him under the toy rack thing and he remained there for years, which was a sucky deal for TRU but a good deal for me. If he would have been regularly priced I probably still would have bought him. I also was able to buy 4 Watchtower sets that had 3 figures shrink-wrapped for with it for about 2.50 each, (they were clearanced) and it was back when no one really wanted a Watchtower set. I still have one un-opened, one opened and on display, and gave another to my little cousin. I can't remember what I did with the other, (maybe it was only 3 sets that I got from TRU.) Anyways sorry if this post came acrossed as boastful or anything, I was just thinking of all the cool times I had hunting for JLU stuff, and how lucky I actually have been. :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:40 am 
AFA Graded

I was greeted to this forum with a free Giganta 2-pack and
this is what started me trying to help as many people as
possible with their JLU.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:50 am 
my tummy itches

Memorble. But wow a free giganta 2 pack. Who gave that to you? I would love that. Even so considering I will not pay 50$ for it. Im waiting for a steal on that like bfantanas on volcana. Cheers - kalibak :mrgreen: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

MisterMiracle wrote:

Wow, congrats on grabbing Volcana for only $30. I'm shocked nobody else bid on that!

It was a "Buy It Now" for $29.95.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am 
3 3/4"

I randomly check ebay for Vibe, B'wana Beast, Crimson Fox, Volcana, SAS Aquaman, Grundy, and Blackhawk to see if I can catch any deals, because i can't afford to pay what these usually go for.

Last week someone was selling Vibe, B'wana Beast, & Crimson Fox and i bid like $15 on each just to watch and see where they ended up. After the auctions ended, they seller offered me a second chance offer on Vibe for $15/free shipping and I took it. I sent him a message saying that i was willing to pay the same for the other figures as well if he had multiples, but he never answered. I'm just glad to have gotten the Vibe...that was the most JLU luck I've had in quite some time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:00 pm 
my tummy itches

Thats cool!!! i usually do too. The Key seems to be the hardest to come up with along with crimson fox and volcana. Cheers - kalibak :twisted: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 pm 
Wonderdog

I've seen both Volcanas and prefer the translucent one, and that's the one I bought.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 pm 
my tummy itches

GL you have the translucent volcana? How did you ever manage to pick it up?