Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

AnimateTed wrote:
Still no sign of the last 3 Guardian 2 packs huh? Not even a Ross? Marshals? Mattel Toy Shop? Nuffin?

None in Central/Southern Ohio. I spoke with a Wal-Mart Director who at least seemed to understand the item I was asking about. I asked if there was any chance we would see them in Wal-Mart stores and he said absolutely not. He said they were dumping the inventory and that the stores would not add any Green Lantern film product following the current clearance. He either couldn't or wouldn't speculate as to where they may ship them off to (TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc) but he did suggest keeping an eye on the Wal-Mart website as he claimed they sometimes choose to try to clear some of that type of product out online vs moving it to stores who are already trying to get rid of it. I've not seen anything there, either, though.

I keep several daily searches running on eBay and have never had a successful hit yet. My guess is either they simply don't exist in any mass-produced form or Wal-Mart (or Mattel) is still holding onto them for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm 
Daniel Pickett

We know they were manufactured because they sent out review samples. Maybe they will end up at the Mattel company store like the GL movie action league sets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:53 pm 
Cold-cast

JuliusMarx wrote:
We know they were manufactured because they sent out review samples. Maybe they will end up at the Mattel company store like the GL movie action league sets.

Didn't you say once that you knew (presumably from a matty source) that those 2 packs were in Walmarts possession just waiting for distribution? Or am I just getting old and totally misremembering? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I saw the Sinestro and Kilowog packs at Fallas. No way Mattel sill has any of these so they must have been sold to Fallas by Walmart. If Walmart has them, they may be part of the deal to Fallas and other discount outlets.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Titan Speck wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:

Didn't you say once that you knew (presumably from a matty source) that those 2 packs were in Walmarts possession just waiting for distribution? Or am I just getting old and totally misremembering? :mrgreen:

That was me. It was an answer from one of the Q&As.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Saw a bunch of those Guardian two packs on clearance at one of my Walmarts. GL's pretty much removed from the toy aisle now.

The same can't be said for IM2, however. :roll:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:16 pm 

Shellhead wrote:
Saw a bunch of those Guardian two packs on clearance at one of my Walmarts. GL's pretty much removed from the toy aisle now.

because he is in Avengers, and probably has another sequel coming too. Even though Ryan has a 3 picture contract, we have heard nothing about a second GL movie.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

LordMudd wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

because he is in Avengers, and probably has another sequel coming too. Even though Ryan has a 3 picture contract, we have heard nothing about a second GL movie.

CCC.

Whole other thread but...on my daily WM visit today saw both IM2 and Thor clearanced to $5 with some very sad looking new Avengers filling the pegs beside them.

Only a solitary Hannu remained. Going to shift my daily trips to TJ Maxx only because that's where I scores previous WM exclusives (MU Gigantix Battles).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 pm 
Cold-cast

Jim_Abell wrote:
That was me. It was an answer from one of the Q&As.

Oh okay. my dementia isn't as bad as I was afraid it is. :mrgreen: I could have sworn I saw Julius post it though. Oh well, at least I didn't just imagine it all. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm 

gogmagog wrote:
Whole other thread but...on my daily WM visit today saw both IM2 and Thor clearanced to $5 with some very sad looking new Avengers filling the pegs beside them.

Only a solitary Hannu remained. Going to shift my daily trips to TJ Maxx only because that's where I scores previous WM exclusives (MU Gigantix Battles).

but still relevant. The 3 picture deal suggested the promise of more. More movies=more toys. No movies=no toys. Right now it looks like no more toys. :(

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 am 
Loose, Missing Package

LordMudd wrote:
Even though Ryan has a 3 picture contract, we have heard nothing about a second GL movie.

Actually, WB is going ahead with another one (for the time being), apparently the movie made enough in the foreign markets and on home video to get another one made. Check the post in Screen Scene for what info is out there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 am 
Aspires to be #1

There will definitely be another movie, but as for toys...who cares if they make more. The only thing that was worth anything was the 12 in. Hal in DCUC style. The rest of the stuff was just peg warming crap that cost us a GL TAS line.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 am 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
There will definitely be another movie, but as for toys...who cares if they make more. The only thing that was worth anything was the 12 in. Hal in DCUC style. The rest of the stuff was just peg warming crap that cost us a GL TAS line.

There will be toys. Maybe not as many as the last time, but there will be toys -- especially if the same tooling can be used for some of the characters.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:17 am 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

There will be toys. Maybe not as many as the last time, but there will be toys -- especially if the same tooling can be used for some of the characters.

I know there will be.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 am 
Collector Inspector

j1h15233 wrote:
peg warming crap that cost us a GL TAS line.

Although I agree with you on a base level, as it is the case, the blame should be put on the retailers initial overstocking and hopefully JLU collectors won't direct any ire to another toy line that was a victim of circumstances beyond their control (hey there, DC Infinite Heroes).

They waited way to long to put the dang stuff out on the shelves. The movie was first week of June and I drove all across the city on May 15 and no stores were taking their boxes out of storage and putting them on the shelves. GL stuff should have been out a month before--BEFORE people knew the movie sucked --and it should have been a big push for the product , not a slow meandering trickle of toys, long after the movie debuted and flopped (Hi there, Green Lantern Action League sets, construct set, Movie Masters, Guardian packs). Once kids saw the movie was about Hal Jordan brooding and talking to his girlfriend and that the villain was impossible to obtain (Hi there, Movie Masters) , there was no demand for all these green toys. And I couldn't find a promotion at a serious fast food joint (My Subway had nothing before the movie!)

Personally, even though I wouldn't buy most of them, I think GL:TAS should be on the shelves. It's unfortunate. But I feel it's because the retailers asked for a TON of GL stuff in the beginning, then Mattel delivered a bunch of junk (the vehicle sets, Parralax vs. Hal set , Hal Jordan's Parachuting Dad, punching Fists, 100 versions of Hal Jordan, etc), and then the stuff sat in storage even though the boxes said "May 1" on them, and then Green Lantern was never put on an out-facing endcap in my stores except for one Walmart long after the movie started. And There WAS good stuff. The Movie Masters were great (except for the C+C debacle) The 4 inch line had a neat range of characters. All the fans loved the constructs. The accompanying stuff was great: 12 inch Hal, GL Classics, GL action League.

But, there shouldn't be too much heartache. There's an Animated line that seems to be doing really well and JLU fans have been pretty smitten with it seems.

P.S. (personally, I liked the movie. I just didn't loooove it)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next