Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 13
AnimateTed wrote:
Still no sign of the last 3 Guardian 2 packs huh? Not even a Ross? Marshals? Mattel Toy Shop? Nuffin?


None in Central/Southern Ohio. I spoke with a Wal-Mart Director who at least seemed to understand the item I was asking about. I asked if there was any chance we would see them in Wal-Mart stores and he said absolutely not. He said they were dumping the inventory and that the stores would not add any Green Lantern film product following the current clearance. He either couldn't or wouldn't speculate as to where they may ship them off to (TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc) but he did suggest keeping an eye on the Wal-Mart website as he claimed they sometimes choose to try to clear some of that type of product out online vs moving it to stores who are already trying to get rid of it. I've not seen anything there, either, though.

I keep several daily searches running on eBay and have never had a successful hit yet. My guess is either they simply don't exist in any mass-produced form or Wal-Mart (or Mattel) is still holding onto them for whatever reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm 
User avatar
Daniel Pickett
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8254
Location: So Cal
We know they were manufactured because they sent out review samples. Maybe they will end up at the Mattel company store like the GL movie action league sets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:53 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 408
Location: South Carolina
JuliusMarx wrote:
We know they were manufactured because they sent out review samples. Maybe they will end up at the Mattel company store like the GL movie action league sets.



Didn't you say once that you knew (presumably from a matty source) that those 2 packs were in Walmarts possession just waiting for distribution? Or am I just getting old and totally misremembering? :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4680
Location: Pasadena, Texas
I saw the Sinestro and Kilowog packs at Fallas. No way Mattel sill has any of these so they must have been sold to Fallas by Walmart. If Walmart has them, they may be part of the deal to Fallas and other discount outlets.

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:34 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10465
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Titan Speck wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:
We know they were manufactured because they sent out review samples. Maybe they will end up at the Mattel company store like the GL movie action league sets.



Didn't you say once that you knew (presumably from a matty source) that those 2 packs were in Walmarts possession just waiting for distribution? Or am I just getting old and totally misremembering? :mrgreen:


That was me. It was an answer from one of the Q&As.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Saw a bunch of those Guardian two packs on clearance at one of my Walmarts. GL's pretty much removed from the toy aisle now.

The same can't be said for IM2, however. :roll:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:16 pm 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4680
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Shellhead wrote:
Saw a bunch of those Guardian two packs on clearance at one of my Walmarts. GL's pretty much removed from the toy aisle now.

The same can't be said for IM2, however. :roll:


because he is in Avengers, and probably has another sequel coming too. Even though Ryan has a 3 picture contract, we have heard nothing about a second GL movie.

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 13
LordMudd wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Saw a bunch of those Guardian two packs on clearance at one of my Walmarts. GL's pretty much removed from the toy aisle now.

The same can't be said for IM2, however. :roll:


because he is in Avengers, and probably has another sequel coming too. Even though Ryan has a 3 picture contract, we have heard nothing about a second GL movie.

CCC.


Whole other thread but...on my daily WM visit today saw both IM2 and Thor clearanced to $5 with some very sad looking new Avengers filling the pegs beside them.

Only a solitary Hannu remained. Going to shift my daily trips to TJ Maxx only because that's where I scores previous WM exclusives (MU Gigantix Battles).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 408
Location: South Carolina
Jim_Abell wrote:
That was me. It was an answer from one of the Q&As.


Oh okay. my dementia isn't as bad as I was afraid it is. :mrgreen: I could have sworn I saw Julius post it though. Oh well, at least I didn't just imagine it all. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4680
Location: Pasadena, Texas
gogmagog wrote:
Whole other thread but...on my daily WM visit today saw both IM2 and Thor clearanced to $5 with some very sad looking new Avengers filling the pegs beside them.

Only a solitary Hannu remained. Going to shift my daily trips to TJ Maxx only because that's where I scores previous WM exclusives (MU Gigantix Battles).


but still relevant. The 3 picture deal suggested the promise of more. More movies=more toys. No movies=no toys. Right now it looks like no more toys. :(

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10465
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
LordMudd wrote:
Even though Ryan has a 3 picture contract, we have heard nothing about a second GL movie.


Actually, WB is going ahead with another one (for the time being), apparently the movie made enough in the foreign markets and on home video to get another one made. Check the post in Screen Scene for what info is out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12557
Location: College Station, TX
There will definitely be another movie, but as for toys...who cares if they make more. The only thing that was worth anything was the 12 in. Hal in DCUC style. The rest of the stuff was just peg warming crap that cost us a GL TAS line.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10465
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
j1h15233 wrote:
There will definitely be another movie, but as for toys...who cares if they make more. The only thing that was worth anything was the 12 in. Hal in DCUC style. The rest of the stuff was just peg warming crap that cost us a GL TAS line.


There will be toys. Maybe not as many as the last time, but there will be toys -- especially if the same tooling can be used for some of the characters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:17 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12557
Location: College Station, TX
Jim_Abell wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
There will definitely be another movie, but as for toys...who cares if they make more. The only thing that was worth anything was the 12 in. Hal in DCUC style. The rest of the stuff was just peg warming crap that cost us a GL TAS line.


There will be toys. Maybe not as many as the last time, but there will be toys -- especially if the same tooling can be used for some of the characters.


I know there will be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 1338
Location: The Midwest of America
j1h15233 wrote:
peg warming crap that cost us a GL TAS line.


Although I agree with you on a base level, as it is the case, the blame should be put on the retailers initial overstocking and hopefully JLU collectors won't direct any ire to another toy line that was a victim of circumstances beyond their control (hey there, DC Infinite Heroes).

They waited way to long to put the dang stuff out on the shelves. The movie was first week of June and I drove all across the city on May 15 and no stores were taking their boxes out of storage and putting them on the shelves. GL stuff should have been out a month before--BEFORE people knew the movie sucked --and it should have been a big push for the product , not a slow meandering trickle of toys, long after the movie debuted and flopped (Hi there, Green Lantern Action League sets, construct set, Movie Masters, Guardian packs). Once kids saw the movie was about Hal Jordan brooding and talking to his girlfriend and that the villain was impossible to obtain (Hi there, Movie Masters) , there was no demand for all these green toys. And I couldn't find a promotion at a serious fast food joint (My Subway had nothing before the movie!)

Personally, even though I wouldn't buy most of them, I think GL:TAS should be on the shelves. It's unfortunate. But I feel it's because the retailers asked for a TON of GL stuff in the beginning, then Mattel delivered a bunch of junk (the vehicle sets, Parralax vs. Hal set , Hal Jordan's Parachuting Dad, punching Fists, 100 versions of Hal Jordan, etc), and then the stuff sat in storage even though the boxes said "May 1" on them, and then Green Lantern was never put on an out-facing endcap in my stores except for one Walmart long after the movie started. And There WAS good stuff. The Movie Masters were great (except for the C+C debacle) The 4 inch line had a neat range of characters. All the fans loved the constructs. The accompanying stuff was great: 12 inch Hal, GL Classics, GL action League.

But, there shouldn't be too much heartache. There's an Animated line that seems to be doing really well and JLU fans have been pretty smitten with it seems.

P.S. (personally, I liked the movie. I just didn't loooove it)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Thresher


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.094s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]