Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths discussion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 am 
Aspires to be #1

I have two in my cart. Maybe we get to start this thing early haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:28 pm 
ABS

Unless the person who answered the March 1st AskMatty questions for TheFwoosh made a mistake, it looks like Jay Garrick got bumped from April's DCIE slot....all the way to July!

From TheFwoosh's March 1st Ask Matty
Ask Matty wrote:
Thank you so much for coming through with DC IE sub, these are the types of characters that we want to see in our sub. A lot of the figures were still TBD at Toy Fair, do you know when the exact release dates will be revealed?

Atrocitus will be in April, Starman in May, Mirror Master in June, Flash in July and Pam in August. The remainder have not be announced.

However, according to the timeline that Matty put out during ToyFair (from their 2/12 News report):
MattyCollector wrote:
DC Universe Club Infinite Earths Subscription Figures at MattyCollector.com
•Poison Ivy: date to be announced!
•Black Mask: date to be announced!
•Platinum and Tin: date to be announced!
•Flash 1: Available 4/16 2012 only at MattyCollector.com
•Metron with Mobius Chair: Available 4/16 only to subscribers of Club Infinite Earths
•Atrocitus: Available 5/15 only at MattyCollector.com
•Starman: Available 6/15 only at MattyCollector.com
•Mirror Master: Available 7/16 only at MattyCollector.com

Two very different schedules! It's strange to think that the schedules changed so much between February 12th and March 1st! Somehow the Jay Garrick Flash got bumped from April to July while Atrocitus, Starman, and Mirror Master each got bumped up a month. I wonder if there were some issues with Jay's figure and they had to go back into production to fix them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:52 am 
Aspires to be #1

If he really did get bumped, then my question about Metron shipping with Jay would make more sense. Hopefully he'll come with two heads now if the July schedule is correct.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:55 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Ya know, I've been wondering about this since Toy Fair as well.

Everything that was shown IN PRINT, had Jay shipping first, but in the interviews with Scott, where you can HEAR HIM TALK, he says that Atrocitus is first.

Not sure what changed when, but either way, at this point, I'm thinking we'll get the figures shipped in the order that was presented in the newest QnA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:11 pm 
ABS

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Ya know, I've been wondering about this since Toy Fair as well.

Everything that was shown IN PRINT, had Jay shipping first, but in the interviews with Scott, where you can HEAR HIM TALK, he says that Atrocitus is first.

Not sure what changed when, but either way, at this point, I'm thinking we'll get the figures shipped in the order that was presented in the newest QnA

Ben, you are definitely right about the incongruent statements about the shipping order. During the actual February 12th Toyfair presentation Scott did mention that the correct/most current schedule was up on MattyCollector (although to be fair, he said that because he couldn't find his notes on the shipping order during the presentation). Given that he probably was just going to repeat the schedule that was posted on Matty, it seems like Jay Garrick was indeed the planned April DCIE figure as of February 12th. Yet as of March 1st he dropped all the way down to July!

That kind of a drop isn't a shipping delay like what MOTUC saw with Sorceress (where a figure dropped down a month from the original scheduled release). Hopefully this delay is meant to give us the best possible Jay Garrick Flash figure. It is possible, however unlikely, that the delay is for some positive reason (j1h15233, I would love it if he came with a second younger headsculpt --even if Toyguru did nix the idea). Maybe he is getting a skinnier lightning bolt tampo?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

So, is Tin supposed to be Platinum's accessory or are they a legit 2 pack that counts as a "big figure" and therefore will have thier own accessories like the other metal men figures? Tin usually changed into stuff, so if he doesnt have a lot of bells and whistles, no biggie, but Tina always had those springy arms and stuff. just seems odd for iron and gold to have such awesome add ons, then mercury to have a stupid ass pair of scissors only, and then have tin and tina have nothing. is lead gonna come out without legs?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:44 am 

The accessories don't really ever matter to me. Mostly they just sit in a box collecting dust. So it won't bother me either way.

I would probably prefer that Tin and 'Tina come in a standard pack out as a "single" figure (Tin being the accessory then) saving that oversized slot for something that truly requires an oversized offering (like Granny Goodness even though I know she is "off the table" for DCIE year 1).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm 
ABS

shishalzafrazz wrote:
So, is Tin supposed to be Platinum's accessory or are they a legit 2 pack that counts as a "big figure" and therefore will have thier own accessories like the other metal men figures?

Platinum is a single figure and Tin is the accessory (kind of like how Golden Age Batman was a single figure and Batmite was an accessory). So this isn't an oversized slot - of the 3 oversized slots for 2012 DCIE so far only Rocket Red has been confirmed. Scott has also previously mentioned that none of the 2012 DCIE oversized slots are multi-packs.

From the Jan 17th DC Ask Matty:
ToyGuru wrote:
All of the oversized slots will be Collect and Connect size figures (or figures with large accessories like Metron). No multipacks this year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:18 pm 
serves the Otter

Quote:
of the 3 oversized slots for 2012 DCIE so far only Rocket Red has been confirmed. Scott has also previously mentioned that none of the 2012 DCIE oversized slots are multi-packs.

Since they said that none of the 2012 oversized figures will have major new tooling, we can rule out potential rumored figures from the past like Doomsday (although I expect we'll eventually get him... maybe in 2013?).

And even though Rocket Red was one of the poll choices, I hope we're not getting Black Lantern Swamp Thing as another oversized figure this year. That would really pleeple me off. Total waste of money in my opinion. Shaggy Man was the other choice though, and I'd be okay getting him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

shabbyblue wrote:
And even though Rocket Red was one of the poll choices, I hope we're not getting Black Lantern Swamp Thing as another oversized figure this year. That would really pleeple me off. Total waste of money in my opinion. Shaggy Man was the other choice though, and I'd be okay getting him.

Is it too late to start a campaign for us NOT to get BL Swamp Thing?

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:15 pm 
serves the Otter

alcinde4 wrote:
Is it too late to start a campaign for us NOT to get BL Swamp Thing?

Actually didn't Mattel state in a Q&A or elsewhere a few months back that we wouldn't be getting cheap repaints in this club? Or did I completely imagine that?

BL Swamp Thing definitely qualifies as a cheap repaint. And yet... he was still part of the poll. :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

They've said that Doomsday was out for this year because he would be all new tooling. I could see the shaggy Shaggy Man using some Grodd/Ultra-Humanite parts or the General version using the Kilowog buck. I would say that Elasti-Girl is a sure bet for one of the two remaining slots and (maybe) Winged Victory for the other.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:14 am 
active in the community

is the shade of starman fame a possibility? would gentleman ghost be a good start for the figure?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:43 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

callsign_morlock wrote:
is the shade of starman fame a possibility? would gentleman ghost be a good start for the figure?

GOD I hope so! My Jack Knight needs someone to hang out with other than his dad!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 am 

I would LOVE a Shade figure.

Good villain for the JSA or Jay Garrick.
Pal for Jack Knight Starman.

Either way, that figure would be a win!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next