Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My AD&D collection (so far)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:54 pm 
PVC

else3573 wrote:
There was a loose Shield Shooter Ogre for $117 on ebay just recently. The rarest figures are actually the Ogre SS, the Young Male Titan SS, the Northlord SS and the windups. After that probably Tiamat, Mettaflame and Mandoom, Deeth and Hawkler, although I can tell you, I've seen much more Mettflames and Mandooms come up then I have Hawkler and Deeth. Hawkler with all his accessories is a tough find. Oh, and the blue shield Melf/Peralay is exceedingly rare.

Years ago, a number of carded Hawklers kept popping up on Ebay from foreign sellers, now not so sure as i completed the AD&D line awhile ago. SS Ogre King was one of the toughest to find as is Tiamat with unbroken wings. Heres a page on my site with pics of all my AD&D figures

http://www.action-figures.ca/ad&d.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:54 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Man, I wish I was collecting them back then! :x (although I don't want a carded one, unless I can get it on a beat up card and open it.) The cavefisher is the only AD&D item I have carded, and that's only because I also collect windups, carded and loose, and have wanted him before I started collecting AD&D, plus I already had a loose one as well. I'm going to check your collection out right now....

*follow up: Those are all yours? Nice! I'm a member of that group, posted my collection photo's in there awhile back. Really love Hawkler. Some day I'll bite the bullet and drop some cash on him, but I keep waiting to find one for less than a hundred... :roll: :roll:

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:56 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Well, thanks to MOTUC and some Universal Monsters stuff, I haven't been able to give any more time to AD&D collecting until now; early today I ordered a loose complete Grimsword to go with my Warduke and Strongheart.

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:36 pm 

My Grimsword shipped today and I ordered an Umber Hulk this morning; was relieved to find one with both mandibles and the treasure horde. The Umber Hulk is probably my least favorite PVC; but I figured I'd better go ahead and get it out of the way since it was complete.

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm 

Got my Grimsword in a few days ago and my Umber Hulk arrived today. It's a little cooler than I figured; and those PVCs are heavier than I remembered.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:10 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, the big PVC's are pretty heavy. I just scored a Deeth, this guy is in GREAT condition, and although it cost me $76, it's like a 9-9.5, and I sold a WWE Rumblers pack I bought new at Target 6 months back or so JUST for a shot to see if they would go up in price, I paid like $6, sold it for $36, (since I don't collect them anyway, it was Triple H and Shawn Michaels) and out of the huge Starriors lot I bought back in the day, I had doubles of 3 of the little pullback vehicles, I sold them to someone in Australia for $42, and I had already made my money back on that lot AND got a huge collection out of it, so I basically got a brand new condition Deeth, which the seller originally wanted $96 for, for an investment of around $6. :)
*Next on the list are Mettaflame or Hawkler. I might list my loose Cave Fisher since I still have the carded one, use that money to pay for one of them (or both, depending on how much it sells for and how cheap I can find them) I COULD sell the carded one, but I thought I'd never own one and I'd hate to part with it. Last one listed sold for the opening bid of $350...

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:12 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Impressive. I don't know that I've ever seen one "in the wild"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:50 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

@Julius, yeah, I was psyched to get her. One of my more rare action figures now.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 pm 
Factory Worker

Wow, i had a few of these when i was a kid that i had gotten loose and never new what they were from. I had a Warduke for years and never knew the name of the figure till just now looking in this thread. He was one of my favorite figures. Amazing, thanks for the memories.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 am 

just ordered a loose complete Ringlerun, Zarak, Ogre King and Young Male Titan, bringing my current collection up to 8 :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:21 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

@Evil Ryn, dope, glad to hear your staying with the line!I FINALLY added a mettaflame to my collection! I have been on him numerous times, only to get outbid every time, so I bit the bullet and paid a little more than I wanted to, BUT, first off, he's in GREAT condition, I would say a c-9, easily. Secondly, AD&D have been skyrocketing lately, and third, this was a best offer or buy it now, the dealer sent me a counter offer but still went down $30 less than the buy it now price. No as far as figures go, I need Hawkler and then the shield shooter versions of Ogre King/Young Mail Titan and Northlord and I'll have the complete line minus Tiamat, the Fortress of Fangs and Terrible Troll (who I never bothered with cause he's ugly) and Bugbear (who I've passed on many time but eventually I guess I'll get both just to have a complete set.):

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:21 am 

@else awesome score!! Mettaflame's definitely one of the more colorful figures in the line!! Cool you could add him to your collection, I've my eye on a couple of them myself!! My newest additions arrived yesterday and I just can't get over how cool the Ogre King is. I was really impressed by his removable battle skirt thing; I figured it would have been a harder, more rigid plastic and was pleased to discover it to be a softer rubber and even had a little ring on the side to store his mace on; and the Titan was the same way, color me tickled!! What's the next piece you're looking to add to your collection, else?? I myself am looking to score a few PVCs next.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:33 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Looking to score a Hawkler next. Then all I'll need is the Ogre King/YMT/Northlord Shield Shooters (of course, the most expensive figures :x ) and Tiamat. (and I guess I should pick up Bugbear and Terrible Troll to have all the PVC's and Bendy's also.). If I ever make room I'll get the Fortress of Fangs, then I'll have the entire line.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:34 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Well, I guess Hawkler WASN'T my next figure. lol. Couldn't pass this guy up for the price:

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:29 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

*By the way, I sold my loose Cave Fisher on Ebay and kept the carded one. The Loose one went for $200. I was happy with that, after basically getting it for free. I didn't want to part with him, but since I have the carded one, I figured it would be a way to get some more of the rare figures from the line or another line. I was able to score like 3 of my white whales from that sale (the large Q Bert plush with the tags, the sealed M.U.S.C.L.E 10 pack and the Mettaflame), so I'm happy :D

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next