Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Green Lantern Animated Series @ McDonalds
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Well, if Mattel isn't making them, some company will. So in about a month, GTAS will be the boys toys for Mcdonalds.

Here is the picture:

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Animated Series @ McDonalds
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:35 pm 
Mint on Card

I may pick up a couple if these. I kind of like the Hal Jordan that is next to Razor.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:48 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

This answers the question posted in GL:TAS about whether the items being sold on ebay are from the happy meals or from the Mattel line. It is sad that a line is not being produced for the show which fits with the JLU. It would have been brilliant to have that Hal and any new characters that are in the show. I am probably one of the few that uses place holder figures for my collection, but if these fit with JLU I will throw them in until we get the real line started.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Mrinvincible wrote:
This answers the question posted in GL:TAS about whether the items being sold on ebay are from the happy meals or from the Mattel line. It is sad that a line is not being produced for the show which fits with the JLU. It would have been brilliant to have that Hal and any new characters that are in the show. I am probably one of the few that uses place holder figures for my collection, but if these fit with JLU I will throw them in until we get the real line started.

The ones being found on eBay in the other thread look nothing like these, those are actually action figures (plus there's Atrocitus and Zilius which aren't part of the McD's promo).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 am 
Collector Inspector

Yes, but those eBay prototype have been described as shorter than JLU figures and Hal and Atricitus don't work when put side by side w/ JLU figs. So far Zillius Zox is the only eBay prototype that seems to fit in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:27 am 
Loose, Missing Package

tuning4k wrote:
Yes, but those eBay prototype have been described as shorter than JLU figures and Hal and Atricitus don't work when put side by side w/ JLU figs. So far Zillius Zox is the only eBay prototype that seems to fit in.

Wasn't making any reference to if they'd work with JLU, just that they weren't McD's toys, at least not ones for this promotion (perhaps a non-US promo?).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:51 am 
Collector Inspector

Yeah, I misread the original post. My brain focused on the words "fits with JLU" and kinda ignored the rest. My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:04 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Does anyone know exactly when they'll start showing up in stores? I have US relatives I want to ask to get my son a set but as they're not they type of folk to frequent McDs I'd like to be able to tell them exactly when to visit.

Also, could you get a full set on one visit or are you going have to visit multiple stores over a couple of weeks?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 am 
Loose, Missing Package

pjonze wrote:
Does anyone know exactly when they'll start showing up in stores? I have US relatives I want to ask to get my son a set but as they're not they type of folk to frequent McDs I'd like to be able to tell them exactly when to visit.

Also, could you get a full set on one visit or are you going have to visit multiple stores over a couple of weeks?

I would say two toys a week for eight weeks. The latest promotion started last Friday (3/9) so I would guess that the 6th will be the start of the GL promo. If they were lucky they might be able to get a full set in one stop, personally I've often found that waiting a week or two into it you can normally pick up sets for about $2 a toy on eBay which is cheaper than buying the meals and all the trips you have to make trying to get just the right toys. But... your milage may vary...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:12 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
If they were lucky they might be able to get a full set in one stop, personally I've often found that waiting a week or two into it you can normally pick up sets for about $2 a toy on eBay which is cheaper than buying the meals and all the trips you have to make trying to get just the right toys.

That's been my experience as well. I've done this several times now, and it's completely hit or miss on getting the toys. I've NEVER gotten a full set. If I get a cooperative employee (and, to be perfectly fair, most of them are, and I'm EXTREMELY polite and try very hard not to be a nuisance), they will give me what they have or perhaps let me rummage through the toys they have available. I ended up going to eBay anyhow, so now I just start there and save myself the time and gas.

If you do try it, I recommend going at off-peak times (when there isn't a line of hungry customers). Seems obvious, I know, but it bears repeating.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:21 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

well I will be getting in a full set. I hope that at least Razer head will fit so I can customise him like the Aquaman from the Batman: Brave & Bold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:07 am 
Fugitive Dust

Heads up: Mcdonalds are now offering these toys in their happy meals!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am 
Collector Inspector

Thanks for the heads up!
I just got a complete set. Kilowog's head might be good for some custom work. The Interceptor ship might makea good robotic-based GL (kinda like Quislet or Skeets), one of the Hal Jordan heads might be used in a YJ custom figure and Razer might work as is. He's kinda small but , as an alien, why not let him be kinda small?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

"Ring I said I wanted to go to Danny the Street!"

"I'm the King of the Wal-Mart"

Size comparison

Oa

Ysmault

RED LANTERN RAZER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:55 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I managed to find a cool manager who found me all 8 toys at once so I don't have to keep going back. It's kind of a good thing too becaue McDonald's food is kind of disgusting.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.