Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I've got that as well. They are showing 2 episodes of USM back to back. Apparently they're either longer than normal or there's some Marvel shorts a la DC Nation, because the 2nd USM episode ends about 10 minutes after the hour.

Of course, I get to see them 3 hours early thanks to the DTV feed. :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I won't spoil it. :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Thanks Bill. At least I know I wasn't seeing things. Come on Sunday!

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Newsarama:

Is AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES Getting ‘Unlimited’ in Season Two?

March 29th, 2012
Author Albert Ching

Boom. (Click to enlarge.)

Released on the Disney XD Facebook page, it looks like Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes is taking a cue from Justice League Unlimited, and adding a whole lot more superheroes to the show’s cast. (For this one scene, at least.) On Wednesday, the network posted this still from an unnamed episode, along with the caption, “The Avengers have called on some Fantastic friends to help defeat the villains–can you name all of the heroes below? Don’t miss a new season of The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes every Sunday after Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD!”

You can probably recognize most of the characters present, but no one seems quite sure who the female character between Yellowjacket and War Machine is. Our current guess: Daisy Johnson, Quake from Secret Warriors. There’s a physical resemblance — and seeing as how Quake recently joined the roster in the main Avengers comic book series, perhaps that was another sign of Marvel TV/Marvel publishing synergy, like the new White Tiger joining Avengers Academy before debuting in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series. But that really is just a guess, so feel free to let us know who you think it might be in the comments.

Also notable: A clearly grown-up Luke Cage, as opposed to the teen version of Power Man in Ultimate Spider-Man, seemingly confirming that the two shows aren’t in the same “world” — or at least, not taking place concurrently. Plus, Ant-Man and Yellowjacket — is Scott Lang making his animated debut?

The second season premiere of Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes airs on the inaugural edition of the “Marvel Universe” block on Disney XD this Sunday, April 1, following the series premiere of Ultimate Spider-Man.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

That's the sexiest thing I've seen since JLU. I need to make every single one of those as customs in animated form now.

Well, the ones I haven't already done that is. :D

Am I blind, because I don't see Ant-Man. Just Yellowjacket.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:15 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Never mind, I'm blind. DUH haha... And I love seeing Power Man & Iron Fist there.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:22 pm 

Awesome pic. Although I don't think they're going JLU on us. I think Cap is just giving a rah rah speech, because the Earth is encountering a major threat, and they need as many heroes to band together as possible. But that's just my guess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

We know what this episode is going to be and who is in it. I don't see this being from this episode.
Spoiler: show
We also know the Kree-Skrull War is coming which is where Ms Marvel comes in and she is in the shot, so that is the most likely source of the image.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm 

Great start to the new season. Loved the cameos, and I loved the shorts. Especially the Hulk mash-up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:52 pm 

As much as I love this show (and I do like it A LOT), I can't help but dream about how cool it'd be if it had Young Justice style animation. They've got story/characterizations down, but the animation just looks so cheap next to YJ.

One of these days Marvel will get everything firing on all cylinders like YJ and JLU.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 am 

I agree that the animation could and should be better. YJ has set quite the barometer as far as that's concerned. But the Avengers aesthetic has grown on me. And the show is great, so I tend to give it a pass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:44 am 
Hat Pooper

stewbacca wrote:
nquick wrote:
Will they release a complete season 1 DVD. They are doing one in Canada. Anybody knows if we will get one for the USA?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=56731

Nothing scheduled at this point.. Since its Disney- and their recent track record-- I dont expect it either..

http://tvshowsondvd.com/releaselist.cfm?ShowID=12197

Does a Canadian Blu-ray work on American blu--ray player?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am 

Great episode this past Sunday. Finally got to see Rhodey in action. I'm more than a little bit annoyed by the commercials they show for the weeks to come. It's like they're spoiling the entire season. :x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 am 

Maybe I'm the only one still watching?
Spoiler: show
Loved seeing the Masters of Evil again. Loved seeing Hulk beat the snot out of Abomination. Enchantress and Executioner are always a welcome sight. But wow. :shock: Surtur? That's gonna be awesome...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 am 

Man, they're gonna put both the Kree-Skrull War and the Surtur Twilight Sword epics in the same season?

That's either crazy or brilliant!

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

It is just rumor-- but I think we have the new victim of the Calwin Curse :wink: :( :( :(

Fans of the successful ongoing Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes TV Series are about to be disappointed. As my sources have confirmed to me, Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel Animation studios, has cancelled the currently successful series in favor of a new Avengers Cartoon that will be produced by Marvel's newly acquired studio (MAS) and will be inline with and in the same universe as the currently airing Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.

My sources have also added that not to expect an official announcement until the fall, as Marvel does not want ratings to drop for the second season of Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes which has just started on April 1st and is being met with a tremendous positive response.

Apparently, the initial plan of the new Avengers show consist of only self contained, standalone, episodes as opposed to story arcs, as Loeb has made it very clear that he dislikes TV show stories to run across several episodes. The new Show will be on air by Fall 2013.

The Avengers Earth Mightiest heroes is currently one of the most successful series on Disney XD, and was met with very positive response from fans of all ages. Unfortunately, much like the great Spectacular Spider-man series, the show will be cancelled in favor of a new cartoon that seems to be addressed to younger children like the currently, not so positively met, Ultimate Spider-man.

More insider news regarding Ultimate spider-man will follow in the next few days. Stay tuned on my Marveltv blog on comicbookmovie.com

Update:

I found the following Jeph Loeb qoutes from 2 interviews regarding a 3rd season for Avengers EMH:

SUPERHERO TOONIVERSE: The animated AVENGERS is finished, right? There’s no season three currently in production.

JEPH LOEB: I can only tell you that we’re committed to The Avengers universe and that’s as far as I can go.

A second interview from Toonzone had the below quote:

TOONZONE NEWS: In light how The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes started development before the Disney acquisition some years back and it was animated by another studio, will this be the final season of the show and will a new animated series be made instead?

JEPH LOEB: We have big plans for The Avengers.

TOONZONE NEWS: So do you think the show will get a third season?

JEPH LOEB: I can just tell you we have big plans for The Avengers and that's all I can tell you right now.

Both the above quotes makes it clear that Marvel is committed to the Avengers franchise on TV but not avengers earth Mightiest heroes. Which is in line with our sources, as there will be avengers on TV but not Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes.

UPDATE 2:

I have also contacted both Joshua Fine and Chris Yost, writers and producers of Avengers Earth Mightiest heroes, and both confirmed to us that they have not heard anything about a 3rd season.

Me: Any chances avengers EMH would get a 3rd season?

Joshua Fine: I can't really answer that question as I don't know what conversations have happened there, in the year since I left Marvel.

Chris Yost: i am not involved in such decisions. i just write.

Update 4:

I found the below comment from Jeph Loeb to www.collider.com where Jeph basically confirms that Ultimate spider-man will not have over reaching arcs like Avengers and that was his decision:

LOEB: That’s certainly something that we’re talking about. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.” The only thing that is a two-parter is the pilot, which will actually be shown in its entirety on Sunday, April 1st.

It is also interesting to note that the second half of Avengers EMH season 2 will have only self contained episodes, since Jeph took control over marvel animation when only 13 episodes of season 2 we made, hence the second half of the season (the part under his helm) will contain only stand alone episodes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next