Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Atrocitus Request
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, that isn't necessarily a final figure that VS has either, hopefully that little "error" got "fixed" before the full run began.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:34 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Jim_Abell wrote:
Well, that isn't necessarily a final figure that VS has either, hopefully that little "error" got "fixed" before the full run began.

That's rather what I thought as well. Someone made a Youtube video pointing it out and also how he switched lower torsos and legs with one of the Green Lantern Classics Red Lanterns. For myself... not a big deal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 am 
5" Scale

Van Statten wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

That's rather what I thought as well. Someone made a Youtube video pointing it out and also how he switched lower torsos and legs with one of the Green Lantern Classics Red Lanterns. For myself... not a big deal.

yeah its not a big deal, I just find it odd to make that change when they have the parts from another figure.

I still think the head sculpt is amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:49 am 

I have a feeling he comes with multiple hands. The Comic Con pics have him with an open hand and his lantern. Mine have two balled fists. They are evidently his hands as they have his knuckle details and all. I don't know if that was mentioned already or not in his release details?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:55 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

The production sample figure they showed at Toyfair had sculpted boots, but he also had the closed fists (at least they looked that way from the photos. I wasn't there).

Here's one borrowed from figures.com:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:25 am 

I can't find it now but I swear there was a picture that showed an open hand if you looked closely enough. Maybe I imagined it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 am 
5" Scale

S. Griffin wrote:
The production sample figure they showed at Toyfair had sculpted boots, but he also had the closed fists (at least they looked that way from the photos. I wasn't there).

Here's one borrowed from figures.com:

cool beans, so maybe the china seller ones are just samples that were not final like Van Statten said

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 am 

When buying Doctor Who figures from overseas like this... some have looked different in small ways from the released versions. Sometimes this is better or worse. Other times there is no difference at all. So this all remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am 
shirtless hugger

fball13z wrote:
so i just noticed that mattel cheaped out on the shins

No, they didn't. We're actually just talking about this in the Ask Matty thread. We've been harassing Mattel to make Atrocitus at least a little bit taller. They had said he'd be appropriately scaled when they pitched the sub, but that was one of the things cut due to the low signup. We had asked about possibly swapping in some pieces that could increase his height. They ended up using taller shins/calves to give him at least a bit of a height increase. Yeah, the tradeoff is that we lost the sculpted boots, but I'll take it. "How often do you really look at a mans shoes?"

If you wanted sculpted boots and didn't care about the scale, sorry, but I'm happy about this particular development!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 am 
5" Scale

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
fball13z wrote:
so i just noticed that mattel cheaped out on the shins

No, they didn't. We're actually just talking about this in the Ask Matty thread. We've been harassing Mattel to make Atrocitus at least a little bit taller. They had said he'd be appropriately scaled when they pitched the sub, but that was one of the things cut due to the low signup. We had asked about possibly swapping in some pieces that could increase his height. They ended up using taller shins/calves to give him at least a bit of a height increase. Yeah, the tradeoff is that we lost the sculpted boots, but I'll take it. "How often do you really look at a mans shoes?"

If you wanted sculpted boots and didn't care about the scale, sorry, but I'm happy about this particular development!

ah that makes sense, i guess i just never put 2 and 2 together, and yes I agree taller is better then the boot tops detail