Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice 4 and 6 inch lines CANCELLED!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:39 pm 
An Insider

When the Young Justice figures were first rumored, I was excited about them and the Hall of Justice. But once I saw that the figures were 4.5" instead of 4" and I saw the actual Hall of Justice sample, my interest was decreasing. When I saw the $9.99 retail price for the figures, I totally lost interest in collecting them.

Part of me wanted them to crash and burn at retail quickly, so that Mattel can go back to an updated version of my beloved DC Universe Infinite Heroes.

Mattel now has to figure out how to make a DC toyline that retailers would actually want to buy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:45 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

joeace wrote:
Mattel now has to figure out how to make a DC toyline that retailers would actually want to buy.

I think a huge part of the problem with DC merchandise has been that for the past 20+ years DC has only promoted Batman (and Superman, to a lesser degree) compared to Marvel who has had animated series after animated series and big budget movies for all of their top characters. Before 1990 Spider-Man and Hulk were really the only characters with any sort of presence among the average person, but now they've got Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Electra, X-Men, Blade, Thor and Black Panther all on the pop-culture radar which makes them all easier to sell at retail than the Flash or Green Arrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:51 pm 
Damage Control

joeace wrote:
When the Young Justice figures were first rumored, I was excited about them and the Hall of Justice. But once I saw that the figures were 4.5" instead of 4" and I saw the actual Hall of Justice sample, my interest was decreasing. When I saw the $9.99 retail price for the figures, I totally lost interest in collecting them.

Part of me wanted them to crash and burn at retail quickly, so that Mattel can go back to an updated version of my beloved DC Universe Infinite Heroes.

Well, that answer definitely isn't Infinite Heroes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:01 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

On the upside, we get to avoid the neon repaints I predicted.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:06 pm 
Damage Control

Mrinvincible wrote:

That is good Criswell.

Last edited by Veil1 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Mrinvincible wrote:

I think I speak for everyone when I say shut up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:11 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

well I am not upset that I will never be able to finish my HOJ due to the Stealth Kid Flash and Aqualad. I really wanted both version of Lagoon Boy. Well I guess I will have to go on a spending spree and buy what is left on the shelf.

I cannot believe Mattel is selling that much of MOTU, Ghostbusters, WWF to make money in the boy department. I am not buying the Batman DKR, Batman Kids Line-up so after YJ leaves the shelf I will be saving a whole lotta money. I guess it is time that I got series and started to make my own figures.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:13 pm 
ABS

This is just flat-out bull$·!". I was resilient when getting to collect this line, but I figured, 'Hey, what the heck. At least it'll run for a while and there might be some neat figures in store'. But once again, Mattel and their "creative" staff prove their efficiency. I mean, am I really a 'hater' and 'blinded by my own vitriol' when things like THESE keep piling on? I'd like to know, who's the genius behind THIS flop? Cause if Toy Guru is the best they've got, NO WONDER Mattel is bumming the DC lines. Incompetence seems to flow around that department, and top execs. don't really care, cause they're still making billions. Apparently, Mattel can only handle the properties it creates. And maybe not for long. Don't know how well MOTU is going to do after The Mighty Spector is sold. (And no, I'm not trying to keep piling on Toy Guru. Regrettably that's the only name I know; cause the girl in charge of JLU, who was canned, didn't even get to dump on her before she left). BTW, all these comments on my own perspective are tainted with irony and sarcasm, FYI. I have been thrashed and defamed on these forums for a while, because I complained about these inept tactics. Seems facts keep sticking to the side of vitriol.

AND THIS IS FOLLOWING IDEA IS FOR THE ONES SICK AND TIRED OF INCOMPETENCE, STILL WILLING TO READ THE RANTS OF A LUNATIC
As fans of DC lines, and the characters I'd say (knowing I'm going to be swept under the rug for my insanity) we petition DC and Warner Bros. to remove the license from Mattel and give it Hasbro for a second try, now that THEY have perfected the Superhero Model (and the fully articulated 4" scale").

I had darkly hoped their decision to cancel JLU would come back and bite them in the rear. Too bad I chose to get on the same ship with Young Justice before it sank. Serves me right. However, I think enough is enough. And as a large collecting community who would still like the 'once joyful and satisfying' hobby of toy collecting/DC products to continue (cause we're helpless and we just can't get enough) I suggest we start taking action and either: A) Force Mattel into coming up with a smarter and more creative solution than depending on retailers to satisfy a "not large enough" fanbase or B) Suggest the owners of the license to find another company that caters to the loyal consumer base of their product.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

j1h15233 wrote:
Mrinvincible wrote:

I think I speak for everyone when I say shut up.

Excuse me. Moderators. Oh moderators. Is this not a personal attack in a forum to be enjoyed by all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:22 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Well I'm no fan of those cartoonish styles.. this is no secret. I would love to see another 6" line like the DC Superheroes. Centered on Batman and Superman of course and eventually expand outward into the DC Universe. Yes... I know... the DCUC failed and all in their eyes but a 6" line continuation is what I am pulling for in my heart of hearts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:36 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD- keep it civil and on discussion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 pm 
An Insider

Van Statten wrote:
Well I'm no fan of those cartoonish styles.. this is no secret. I would love to see another 6" line like the DC Superheroes. Centered on Batman and Superman of course and eventually expand outward into the DC Universe. Yes... I know... the DCUC failed and all in their eyes but a 6" line continuation is what I am pulling for in my heart of hearts.

For 2012, the 6" Club Infinite Earth figures will be sold on Mattycollector. Matty's online sales for 6" DC figures should increase since they will not be offering much at retail this year.

For 2013, Mattycollector will continue to offer 6" DC figures along with 6" figures for the retail market.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:54 pm 
Fugitive Dust

How shocking and disappointing this is. The one figure I wanted -Zatara, won't be coming at all. I guess the positive side is that we completed the original team (even though there were more joining). Since YJ took the slot of JLU at Target (as they claimed and as I believe it went down) I think it's only fair if Target said "hey, we want to go back to JLU".Both Target and Mattel thought YJ would be as great as JLU since it was fresh but they should have kept JLU and try YJ at the same time. Now we have two lines ending together. Although I have to ask "was JLU really losing consumer interest or was it mishandled?"

With no YJ and JLU to collect, it seems that my toy collection will be over for the time being.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:20 pm 
Damage Control

Mrinvincible wrote:
Excuse me. Moderators. Oh moderators. Is this not a personal attack in a forum to be enjoyed by all.

For the sake of civility, and a little bit of friendly advice. Nobody likes a know it all. Nor do they like being told 'I told you so' or Nyaa Nyaa. Your visits here will be way more enjoyable if you think about others before posting. Being in a forum to be enjoyed by all goes both ways.

I'm still kinda holding out hope that the latest wave is still going to hit retail. I really would like to get Artemis to finish out the team. Oh and of course Superman.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:54 am 
Collector Inspector

Well that's what happens when you try to charge $25 dollars for a 6" figure because it's in box.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47  Next