Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice 4 and 6 inch lines CANCELLED!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:32 am 
Collector Inspector

Barbie and Matchbox? I dunno. I, however, vote we do NOT start a "Save the Young Justice" crusade. It just doesn't seem worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:21 pm 
ABS

Well, with the death of this line I don't see any point in even going to a toy aisle again. Guess I'll save my money to fill the holes in my JLU collection and buy whatever scraps appear on Matty.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:23 pm 
ABS

kevfett wrote:
This is the worst news I've heard all week and four days ago I found out I have Leukemia.

I can't tell you how bad I hope this is a bad attempt at a joke. If not and it's true, I wish you the best my friend.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:38 pm 
shirtless hugger

I may have missed something. I keep reading that DCUC is dead. Is this true? I thought DCUC was going on for one more wave while Mattel rethinks their approach to incorporating the new 52 designs into a line.

But they are going ahead with the sub and from my interpretation of what I've read, they will be releasing DCUC style figures at retail sometime in the near future, right?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 pm 
active in the community

Are the 6 inch Kid Flash and Batman still going to be released?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:49 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Wow. I can't believe JLU outlasted YJ... Sorta.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:54 pm 
ABS

tanglevine wrote:
I may have missed something. I keep reading that DCUC is dead. Is this true? I thought DCUC was going on for one more wave while Mattel rethinks their approach to incorporating the new 52 designs into a line.

But they are going ahead with the sub and from my interpretation of what I've read, they will be releasing DCUC style figures at retail sometime in the near future, right?

Tanglevine, it really is getting hard to keep track, isn't it? Long story short: They are releasing 1 more wave at retail this year, rethink the line/come up with a new approach, and then release the new brand next year.

They will release one more wave of DC 6-inch figures this year at retail (whether they call it DCUC wave 21 or DC-AllStars Wave 1, etc). As far as we've been told this last retail wave contains just 4 figures (DCnU Batman, DCnU Superman, Red Robin, Superboy Prime) -however we don't know for certain. However, yesterday, the DC retail team on the Matty stated that this wave will be the last round of DC 6inch figures at retail until next year where as (there will still be the DC Club Infinite Earths subscription figures at MattyCollector). By next year they will, as you put it "rethink their approach" and have new lineups. As for the fates of the figures already tooled as part of the failed DC All-Stars waves? They are still looking for a home (but will likely end up as part of next years DC Club Infinite Earth subscription).

kevfett wrote:
This is the worst news I've heard all week and four days ago I found out I have Leukemia.

Kevfett, I'm so sorry to hear that. I also wish you the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

Well...
Target's price drop to $8.50 convinced me to get Vandal Savage and Robin.
Guess I'm now glad I never really got into this line.
The PRICE POINT killed most of it for me.
Never really cared a lot for many of the characters.

But I wonder with the others that since the toyline is now gone, what does that bode for the show itself?

What can mattel do these days?
I might pick up some of TDKR, but I don't see it being a lot.
Maybe some of Power Tek... maybe?
Perhaps they should give their DC boylines to the fisherprice dept? Let them make the all ages figures. They seem to have some idea of what they are doing.

I was talking to my friend last night about why I switched from collecting action figures to dvds. Its things like this that makes ME realize why.
DrGreenEvil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:50 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I cannot count how many times I would be in Target or TRU, debating on whether I would take the plunge and start collecting the YJ line.

I never did, and it boiled down to two things for me...

1) Price: I know oil prices are a huge factor into how much we pay for figures these days, but the price for the smaller figures was obscene, much less the box sets...

2) JLU Mourning: I really didn't have the urge to jump on a new line that had the potential to run as long as JLU did.

I feel for everybody who has supported with the YJ line. Sorry for the bad news... :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:05 pm 
active in the community

tis a shock and a shame. I know after 6 pages, what can i say that might be new...not much. hard to believe mattel "can't sell 6 inch" figures (especially). hard to believe the "big three" can't either. but after 20 waves or so maybe that's what happens in the eyes of the big three. how long did Marvel Legends run after all? 20 somethings waves, plus some extra sets along the way. so when you add DCUC/DCSH/YJ and a few other Batman legacy etc, you probably will get similar wave numbers...now after how many years away from the 6in scale, Marvel Legends are back. Maybe DC is in need of the same time out.
guess it will make toy hunting easier...at least for a year and then we'll see what happens.
I hope we still get a Young Justice season 3, even if the toys are gone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 pm 
Unbreakable

dmack wrote:
kevfett wrote:

I can't tell you how bad I hope this is a bad attempt at a joke. If not and it's true, I wish you the best my friend.

Well it was said tongue in cheek but is 100% true. My humor is certainly something I want to hold on to through the process.

And I thank you very much.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:38 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Ugh, that's terrible news.

I never collected the Young Justice figures, but I feel for those who did. It seemed like the line was picking up steam, and the possibilities for figures seemed endless.

I was watching the show today on Cartoon Network, and it struck me how dark the tone was. The "mole" storyline seemed too complex and drawn out for little kids. I wonder if that affected sales of the action figures (along with the high price point).

I hope this break gives Mattel some time to figure out how to re-energize the DC license. With JLU ending and DCUC (or All Stars or whatever) on hiatus, I won't be buying much this year. I'm eager to see what the company comes up with for 2013.

EDIT:
kevfett wrote:
dmack wrote:

Well it was said tongue in cheek but is 100% true. My humor is certainly something I want to hold on to through the process.

And I thank you very much.

That's terrible news, too. Sorry for what you're going through, man.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:18 pm 
my tummy itches

Yeah nobody start a save the YJ crusade on Facebook, its not worth it for this line. It is a young Line that struggles and is struggling. Just let it go and end it on Matty. And then If your a BTAS fan start pestering mattel for a 25th anniversary figure in 2017. JLU had way more of a back than this line did. And in my eyes this could be a way to get revenge back at mattel for some collectors for cancelling JLU.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:26 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Yeah!

'Cause it's all about JLU!!!

:roll:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:23 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
JLU had way more of a back than this line did. And in my eyes this could be a way to get revenge back at mattel for some collectors for cancelling JLU.

Lol. Well if YJ truly replaced JLU, all Mattel did was replace a failing line with a line that failed. No big loss. Now if Mattel had cancelled Barbie in favor of Young Justice they'd probably be feeling pretty bad right about now lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 47  Next