Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "ASK MATTY" Q&A Question thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:50 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Dear Matty

We now know that the DC All-Stars line was pulled at retail and you are currently working on re-launching something at retail in 2013. Excellent.

We also now know that Young Justice did not perform at retail and both the 4" and 6" lines are also cancelled. ( I truly hope you do find a way to get those "already tooled" figures out to us, thanks).

Aside from the upcoming Dark Knight Rises lines, and the "evergreen" Batman line, can we expect to see anything else DC-related in the aisles this year (2012), specifically Action League. At this point, no one is quite certain if the line will continue, or what we should be looking for at this point. The Flashpoint wave has already come and gone, but there hasn't been any news on the TRU box set or future retails waves even though they have been shown to us at both SDCC and Toy Fair.

If you could please let us know the fate of that line, we would appreciate it (and since I have your ear, churn those things out faster man! My son and I can't get enough of them).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:44 pm 
An Insider

Re: DC Universe Classics Club Infinite Earths packaging:

Why in the Infinite Earths does it say 'Signature Collection'?

Why are the boxes so darn BIG? I understand this for Metron w/ his chair, but Jay Garrick Flash w/ nothing? What's the point?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:20 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Not a question so much as a request... Since the 6" Young Justice line seems to be over with Kid Flash and Batman, could you please bump Miss Martian and the t-shirt/jeans Superboy way up on the list of possibilities for subscription figures so that we can at least finish the initial team even if the last two do end up in the DCUC style? Two heads, one for DCUC and one for YJ would make the figures an even better offering. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:30 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Jim_Abell wrote:
Not a question so much as a request... Since the 6" Young Justice line seems to be over with Kid Flash and Batman, could you please bump Miss Martian and the t-shirt/jeans Superboy way up on the list of possibilities for subscription figures so that we can at least finish the initial team even if the last two do end up in the DCUC style?

To add to this, (and I don't collect YJ, but for those that do) seeing as the 6" figures use the same body bucks as DCUC, then could you look at killing two birds with one stone and releasing these characters with swappable heads.... an animated YJ head, and a 4H DCUC head?

That way you catch both YJ collectors and DCUC collectors. Some would probably buy two of each figure just to have each version in each collection.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:41 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Jim_Abell wrote:
Not a question so much as a request... Since the 6" Young Justice line seems to be over with Kid Flash and Batman, could you please bump Miss Martian and the t-shirt/jeans Superboy way up on the list of possibilities for subscription figures so that we can at least finish the initial team even if the last two do end up in the DCUC style?

Co-sign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Edited my post above to reflect e8b's suggestion. Thanks, Ad!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:42 pm 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
xrmc20 wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

Co-sign

This is probably the most important one for me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:23 pm 
Knows his stuff

xrmc20 wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

Co-sign

I'm in on this one as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Hi ToyGuru,

I really want to say thank you to you and everyone else who helped make the decision to release the final "lost" JLU figure three-packs. After all these years of collecting figures in this style, it will be wonderful to add Toyman and Static Shock to our line-ups. And the price-point (30$) is reasonable, and that makes all the difference too! Now, I don't want to push our luck so so speak, but I have to be honest here - I backed away from the JLU line for a few years because of the poor distribution outside the US. The one figure that made me go "Wow - okay maybe I should rethink things!" was Volcana. She looked awesome, and after she was shown at SDCC, I started to gradually swing back towards the line in a big way. Unfortunately, I never did find a Volcana - like many people - and now she's become one of the most sought-after figures, selling for 100$ on Ebay. So while I know you've said that these packs are final, I thought I'd ask if you and the Mattel people might be willing to think about slipping her in by swapping out a repeat figure of Batsy or Supes. We all know there were plans to re-release her with translucent hair, so...what do you think? Could it be considered?

True, there are still some people who might gripe "Well, what about the S:TAS Aquaman figure? Can we have him too??" but in my eyes, he was rare to begin with. After all these years, it sure would be nice if Volcana could finally make her way into the hands of the fans who never managed to find her. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 am 
PVC

Matty,

With the ending of the Young Justice lines at retail is there any way when you guys sell the YJ figures on Mattycollector.com that you guys can add Stealth Kid Flash and Stealth Aqualad. I bought all the YJ figures for my kids with the deal that I got the Hall of Justice Pieces for my JLU collection. I would like to finish my display and my kids want those last two figures but the prices on eBay are way too high. I have people looking in 4 different states and no one can find them. I am just worried that unless I shell out $40 per figure on eBay I will never be able to finish the Hall of Justice. Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:08 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Well, Now that we've seen most of the SDCC exclusive reveals anyone have any questions for Mattel for the next round?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:19 pm 
Aspires to be #1

JuliusMarx wrote:
Well, Now that we've seen most of the SDCC exclusive reveals anyone have any questions for Mattel for the next round?

Not questions that would be nice or get answered haha.

Actually, let's try this...

Do you have release dates or the order of release for the JLU 3-packs that we'll be getting later this year?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:38 pm 
PVC

JuliusMarx wrote:

I'm going to do my best to not turn this into a rant, but I'm a VERY Unhappy Ghostbusters fan.
Today's reveal shows Dana as Zuul is now a SDCC exclusive. I signed up for the 2012 edition of club Ecto-1 only to have it unceremoniously droped while all focus was on saving the DC superheroes subscription. At SDCC 2011, Dana as Zuul was announced as part of this subscription. When the Sub died, Dana as Zuul was directly stated as being the 3rd figure of 4 for this year.
Now today, she has gone from being the $22 regular release to being a $25 exclusive that extra hoops have to be jumped through to obtain.
So
  • is the SDCC Exclusive Danna as Zuul now counted seperately from the "4 Ghostbusters figures being released in 2012"?
  • After the Rookie figure, what Ghostbusters figures are coming?
  • The Rookie figure went from being the Club exclusive figure, to being a regular release...why was he not held back as being the SDCC exclusive?
  • What is the status of the "Thank You" for the 2012 club ecto-1 subscribers?

I am hoping for some positive sign out of this, but Mattel has to realise that this is not the news Ghostbusters fans were hoping to hear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:57 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Will KITT be available through mattycollector.com's voucher or on the site period?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 pm 
PVC

Is the Death figure 6 inches and then 8 inches with the base or does she start out at 8 inches? And what articulation will she have? Also what is the SDCC bonus for buying this stuff at SDCC instead of after the con?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 121  Next