Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: The Rookie On Sale 4/16
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:00 pm 
We're going streaking!

The Rookie goes on Sale tomorrow. Anyone buying? I am squarely on the fence with this one.

Post subject: Re: UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread: The Rookie On Sale 4/16
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:44 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm getting it. Can't say I'm crazy about him as I'm not a gamer, but who knows once I get him in-hand...

Post subject: Re: UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread: The Rookie On Sale 4/16
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 am 
shirtless hugger

I ordered one. I've got them all so far, I can't skip one now.

Plus, I actually liked the game, though the Rookie had no personality whatsoever.

Post subject: Re: UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread: Dana is now a SDCC Exclu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 am 
We're going streaking!

So, did anyone get The Rookie? What are your thoughts? I skipped him. If he shows up again, I may have a change of heart (and I realize that with the state of the GB line, he may have been produced NOT to show up again), but I could not pull the trigger at the time, especially with nothing else I wanted that month.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 am 
We're going streaking!

Dana, Dana, Dana... is now a SDCC exclusive. Interesting. I'm far from impressed with her, but possibly along with the Monster High and Tiny Titans exclusives, she is at the top of my list to get from the Mattel SDCC offerings. She isn't any worse overall than Vigo and Ray's head sculpt. And she is a major character; perhaps the last major character or GB figure we will get.

There went any shot of one last 'something cool' for the fans of the GB line though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:01 am 
An Insider

Well, I did get the Rookie figure and I have to say that I really do love it. I played the game so getting the Rookie was a must for me. The head sculpt is really nice and has a great paint job that really makes it pop. My only real complaint is that the head seems bigger than those of the other busters. It doesn't look too big by itself but next to others, especially Ray, it makes them look small.

As for Dana, I am disappointed she is the exclusive only because that destroyed the chance of getting something in addition to the last figures that were announced. I was really pulling for a Terror Dogs 2 pack before the line ended but I guess that aint happening. I've already supplemented my display with the NECA Gozer and I guess I will have to track down the dogs too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm 
serves the Otter

I passed on the Rookie.... the first GB figure I've passed on. I will probably get him when he goes back up for sale at a discounted sale price (which seems very likely before year's end), but I sure didn't want to pay full price for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:33 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Wow, Mattel, you really sh*t the bed with this one.

So, now there's what? One more figure in the line? One unannounced figure for the entire line. Anyone care to take a guess? Marshmallow mess Vigo? Slimed rookie? Vinz clortho in a lime green shirt? Ready to arrest you walter peck? Man, they really coulda hit the ball out of the park with this line. Oh well, you'll still make tons of money off the next 75 "concept" he-man variant figures like "klingor" and "smashor" and "he-stomp" and "belk's assistant manager he-man" and "spacevikingsubmarinebuildabotman".

Dicks.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 am 
An Insider

Well, with the leaked images of demon headed Vigo I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that will be the unknown figure.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 pm 
We're going streaking!

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Well, with the leaked images of demon headed Vigo I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that will be the unknown figure.

I haven't seen that image. And sadly, I don't really care. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm going to say that the demon-head Vigo will be the "thank you" gift that Mattel is supposedly making for the subscribers to the defunct subscription for this year.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:57 pm 
serves the Otter

Heh.... "Ready to Arrest You Walter Peck". :)

As for the final figure, whether it's demon head Vigo or some other disappointing and pointless variant figure we haven't yet seen, I'm sure the majority of us will be substituting another verb in place of "thank" for that particular "Thank You" figure. And do we even still know for sure that we're GETTING one more figure? Nobody was expecting Dana to suddenly become an SDCC exclusive, and it strongly suggests that Mattel just threw her into that exclusive slot at the last minute so that they could hurry up and be done with this whole line and move on. Therefore, I'll be amazed if we still get another GB figure beyond the SDCC exclusive, no matter how lame it could potentially be. :roll:

And on the subject of Dana... if the GB subscription hadn't been cancelled and the Dana figure remained as one of the regular subscription figures, then I wonder what (if anything) Mattel was originally planning for a Ghostbusters SDCC exclusive. Wouldn't they already have had something in motion to be tooled up and produced in time for the convention this year? Same goes for the other remaining figures that would have potentially filled out the 2012 subscription slots. Even repaints or figures with partial new sculpts require a few months of advanced planning, so I wonder how much more was still in progress for 2012 before they fully pulled the plug on this line. Maybe years from now we'll find out what those long lost figures were going to be. :(

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that we even got all 4 of the Ghostbuster characters themselves in this line, but it's a shame that Mattel is pretty much going to sit on this license from here on without doing much more with it, like they have for other licenses they hold that they refuse to pursue action figure lines for (*cough*Back to the Future*cough*)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

For those that are interested, Mattel is offering refunds on Stay Puft due to the yellowing issue...

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... PuftRefund

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:15 pm 
serves the Otter

Wow...

Didn't even know about this issue. Then again, I haven't opened mine yet. Wonder if it's yellowing... :(

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:52 pm 
shirtless hugger

I just got an email about the Club Ecto-1 thank you gift.

It's a glow-in-the-dark Slimer! Not too shabby! And it's FREE! But it ships in Q4, so it's a ways off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next