Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Lance & The Red Lion on 2/15
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:46 pm 
We're going streaking!

There is UPS and USPS (via Cornerstone Logistics) shipping. UPS is MUCH better, but it costs more too. Enough where I go with the cheap USPS shipping, which can be annoyingly frustrating, watching it bounce from place to place to place and then waiting for it to be released and arrive to your local USPO for delivery.

I don't know if you can make changes. Matty.com does have that Manage Subscriptions page, but it seems to still be a work in progress. If you go to your order history and find your sub order, you can only edit your shipping address and payment method, thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Actually they took down the My Subscriptions page after a few days (if it lasted that long). Hopefully when all of the upgrages that are supposed to be in place in the next 2-3 weeks (according to TG at Toy Fair) hopefully changing that will be one of those upgrades again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 am 
Aspires to be #1

TRDouble wrote:
There is UPS and USPS (via Cornerstone Logistics) shipping. UPS is MUCH better, but it costs more too. Enough where I go with the cheap USPS shipping, which can be annoyingly frustrating, watching it bounce from place to place to place and then waiting for it to be released and arrive to your local USPO for delivery.

I don't know if you can make changes. Matty.com does have that Manage Subscriptions page, but it seems to still be a work in progress. If you go to your order history and find your sub order, you can only edit your shipping address and payment method, thus far.

It wasn't that big of a difference for me. Maybe 3 dollars to save at least a week in time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 pm 
We're going streaking!

j1h15233 wrote:
It wasn't that big of a difference for me. Maybe 3 dollars to save at least a week in time.

It's about a $5 difference for me, give or take depending on what I am buying, which includes the increase in sales tax since Matty charges sales tax on the shipping charge too. Maybe it's because I am in the east. Either way, I am patient (enough) and choose USPS, no matter how maddening watching it can be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:40 am 
Aspires to be #1

TRDouble wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

It's about a $5 difference for me, give or take depending on what I am buying, which includes the increase in sales tax since Matty charges sales tax on the shipping charge too. Maybe it's because I am in the east. Either way, I am patient (enough) and choose USPS, no matter how maddening watching it can be.

My issue was that I felt like I was being ripped off by the cheaper shipping. If it's going to take 2 weeks and bounce all over the country then it should be practically free.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14 pm 
We're going streaking!

j1h15233 wrote:
My issue was that I felt like I was being ripped off by the cheaper shipping. If it's going to take 2 weeks and bounce all over the country then it should be practically free.

Can't argue with that. There is a reason (actually, lots of reasons) why USPS is going down the drain. Partnering up with sub-level services companies is just one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Now it's in Memphis. :roll:

It's kind of funny now. My red lion might end up visiting more states in this one trip than I have my entire life!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 am 
3 3/4"

Anyone else opened their set? I suspected I'd love the Lance action figure the most and that's definitely the case. Mattel really can do great 3.75" figures that are nicely articulated and spot-on with the animation model! Who knew?

The Lion is pretty much what I thought. Nice but I wish there was more movement and flexibility in the back legs which are pretty limited in the poses you put them in. The springs necessary for the automatic transformation limit what you can do. The cockpit is a nice throwback with decals and good detailing. Still amazed at how big it really is. I'm thinking of priming and painting the legs in silver just to class it up a bit. It's very plain, not a lot of weight to it, but lots of tasty, stiff, ratcheting click!

Overall, this is one of those toys I wish I could go back in time to give to my 6 and 7 year-old self. Not perfect, I still have to appreciate Mattel for giving it a shot. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:16 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Well it arrived today! Finally!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Received my set on Wednesday. The Lance figure is awesome! The lion isn't bad either but I wish there was more range of motion in the neck so the head could tilt forward.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:06 pm 
We're going streaking!

I received mine this past week and opened him up the other day. Same gripes exist -- action feature and how it affects things like the hind legs poseability, my cockpit is tough to open and so is the tail compartment, Lance's joints are limited and mine comes apart easily at the waits, and I never realized that Voltron won't be able to hold his sword across his body :( -- but there is so much to like about this set that I hold no regrets over getting my subscription.

It's a basic vanilla pose, but the Red Lion still looks great standing there. It is a very impressive overall toy. I think Lance came out great too and serves his purpose, even without a removable gun to hold.

I am already looking forward to getting the next Lion in the series.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Thoughts on The Red Lion & Lance?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:15 pm 
Cold-cast

Mine finally showed up, but it still doesn't look like I've been billed. Not a fan of the action feature, but it's not a huge deal. Much bigger than I was expecting really. Overall I'm pleased. All of them together will be awesome.

Post subject: Hunk & Yellow Lion On Sale 4/16
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:02 pm 
We're going streaking!

My subscribed Yellow Lion Set has shipped! At least, I got the notification that it shipped. Since I am cheap and chose USPS shipping, it may take a few weeks to get here, but I am excited to add a companion lion with the Red Lion and have Hunk keep Lance company.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Hunk & Yellow Lion On Sale 4/16
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:32 am 
Tis' but a pup

I got the Yellow Lion today. I just got it for Hunk, I'll be selling off the lion.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Hunk & Yellow Lion On Sale 4/16
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 pm 
Mint on Card

Mine shipped. Haven't received it yet but I really did order the sub to get all 6 figures. My kids can't wait to put the lions together so I'm on the fence whether to keep them or not.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next