Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ask Mattel for April 16th!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:51 pm 
We're going streaking!

I was actually a fan of the recycling question too. I hate having to crush plastic bubbles and put them in the garbage instead of my blue recycle box.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 pm 
An Insider

BCYa wrote:
So I guess you 3.75" fans are out of luck!

Which includes me. :(

After seeing the Voltron team figures, I think that Mattel is ready to go back to the 3.75"- 4" scale for the DC Universe. They have been considering getting back to this scale. I have a feeling that we will see something for DC released in this scale either from Mattel or another company.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:42 am 
Aspires to be #1

joeace wrote:
BCYa wrote:
So I guess you 3.75" fans are out of luck!

Which includes me. :(

After seeing the Voltron team figures, I think that Mattel is ready to go back to the 3.75"- 4" scale for the DC Universe. They have been considering getting back to this scale. I have a feeling that we will see something for DC released in this scale either from Mattel or another company.

One of the recent Q&A's said just the opposite. They aren't even considering this scale right now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:26 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Yes, from what I've been able to gather from all the YJ news and Q&A, is that there are currently no plans for a 3.75-4" scale. And that animated DC toys are considered to sell poorly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:17 am 
An Insider

j1h15233 wrote:
joeace wrote:

One of the recent Q&A's said just the opposite. They aren't even considering this scale right now.

That is not what Matty Justice League answered on April 14th.
"... we're definitely considering this."
http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 3681028157

There was a rumor that DC Direct was going to take a shot at releasing a line in this scale. That may be why Mattel is holding back for now???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:24 am 
Aspires to be #1

joeace wrote:
That is not what Matty Justice League answered on April 14th.
"... we're definitely considering this."
http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 3681028157

There was a rumor that DC Direct was going to take a shot at releasing a line in this scale. That may be why Mattel is holding back for now???

dc collector wrote:
DCCollectors -With the popularity and demand for Hasbro’s Marvel Universe 3 3/4″ line of figures, why hasn’t Mattel released a compareable line of figures with the DC license?

Matty -This is something that we always think about. However, for many confidential reasons, we don’t do. One day, we might, but for now, we’re happy with our current executions.

That is what they said on April 16th though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Sounds like a perfect example of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing as the saying goes.

And, as "Matty" stated in another QnA, "Matty" is just a moniker for whoever happens to be answering any given question at any given time within Mattel. They use the fictitious name to make the communication easier to understand and more streamlined as it's coming from one central source.

So ... how's that working out for you "Matty"?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 am 
An Insider

dc collector wrote:
DCCollectors -With the popularity and demand for Hasbro’s Marvel Universe 3 3/4″ line of figures, why hasn’t Mattel released a compareable line of figures with the DC license?

Matty -This is something that we always think about. However, for many confidential reasons, we don’t do. One day, we might, but for now, we’re happy with our current executions.

I wonder what the confidential reasons are?
Are they talking about making figures just like Hasbro's? "comparable"?

"...we're happy with our current executions."
Does that mean that they are happy with the current joint design style of DC Infinite Heroes and Voltron pilots, and that they are not going to try and match Hasbro's style joint for joint?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

joeace wrote:
"...we're happy with our current executions."
Does that mean that they are happy with the current joint design style of DC Infinite Heroes and Voltron pilots, and that they are not going to try and match Hasbro's style joint for joint?

No it means that they are happy not doing one-- they know they are not set up to match the quality-and definietly not at a comparable price point- so why bother investing the time and know how into learning how to do it- if they dont think the DC lines will selll well enough at retail.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 am 
Aspires to be #1

Something interesting that just popped into my head...Mattel is always saying they have higher standards for safety and testing and that's what causes their prices to rise so I have to wonder, are they going above and beyond with these procedures or are other companies getting by with less than they should?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

j1h15233 wrote:
Something interesting that just popped into my head...Mattel is always saying they have higher standards for safety and testing and that's what causes their prices to rise so I have to wonder, are they going above and beyond with these procedures or are other companies getting by with less than they should?

Or maybe it's just a line they feed us?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:

That's really quite deceiving. Just because they have higher standards for safety and testing doesn't mean that is what's driving up costs? Efficiency would be the key here. I've done some auditing in the insurance industry for compliance, and I've seen companies who spend WAY more than they need to on things, and do a horrible job compared to companies who spend less.

If they are going above and beyond (which, good for them) and other companies aren't, but those other companies are hitting industry standards and passing...if Mattel is saying their stuff costs more because they have higher standards, then I think that's a bad strategy, IMO.

Must my .02 though.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Well, imo until Mattel produces a good 3 3/4-4" figure line DC will continue to struggle. The 6 inch line is too expensive for children in most cases and without the kids a line is usually doomed, see YJ.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:47 am 
3 3/4"

Mattel needs to make another JLU animated-style line that is called "BATMAN AND SUPERMAN" or "DC HEROES" or something simple and Mom friendly and just make another 500 animated DC figures in the animated style for "kids" (and all us older nerds who need to collect) NOW DO IT MATTY!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 pm 
declined to be a vampire

darthmeks wrote:
Mattel needs to make another JLU animated-style line that is called "BATMAN AND SUPERMAN" or "DC HEROES" or something simple and Mom friendly and just make another 500 animated DC figures in the animated style for "kids" (and all us older nerds who need to collect) NOW DO IT MATTY!!

If they do this you know what will happen, right?

They'll use all the old bucks from the JLU figures, except this new branded line (whatever you want to call it) will be 12.99 or more at retail.

That's the issue.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime