Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

stewbacca wrote:
It is just rumor-- but I think we have the new victim of the Calwin Curse :wink: :( :( :(

Fans of the successful ongoing Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes TV Series are about to be disappointed. As my sources have confirmed to me, Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel Animation studios, has cancelled the currently successful series in favor of a new Avengers Cartoon that will be produced by Marvel's newly acquired studio (MAS) and will be inline with and in the same universe as the currently airing Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.

My sources have also added that not to expect an official announcement until the fall, as Marvel does not want ratings to drop for the second season of Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes which has just started on April 1st and is being met with a tremendous positive response.

Apparently, the initial plan of the new Avengers show consist of only self contained, standalone, episodes as opposed to story arcs, as Loeb has made it very clear that he dislikes TV show stories to run across several episodes. The new Show will be on air by Fall 2013.

The Avengers Earth Mightiest heroes is currently one of the most successful series on Disney XD, and was met with very positive response from fans of all ages. Unfortunately, much like the great Spectacular Spider-man series, the show will be cancelled in favor of a new cartoon that seems to be addressed to younger children like the currently, not so positively met, Ultimate Spider-man.

More insider news regarding Ultimate spider-man will follow in the next few days. Stay tuned on my Marveltv blog on comicbookmovie.com

Update:

I found the following Jeph Loeb qoutes from 2 interviews regarding a 3rd season for Avengers EMH:

SUPERHERO TOONIVERSE: The animated AVENGERS is finished, right? There’s no season three currently in production.

JEPH LOEB: I can only tell you that we’re committed to The Avengers universe and that’s as far as I can go.

A second interview from Toonzone had the below quote:

TOONZONE NEWS: In light how The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes started development before the Disney acquisition some years back and it was animated by another studio, will this be the final season of the show and will a new animated series be made instead?

JEPH LOEB: We have big plans for The Avengers.

TOONZONE NEWS: So do you think the show will get a third season?

JEPH LOEB: I can just tell you we have big plans for The Avengers and that's all I can tell you right now.

Both the above quotes makes it clear that Marvel is committed to the Avengers franchise on TV but not avengers earth Mightiest heroes. Which is in line with our sources, as there will be avengers on TV but not Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes.

UPDATE 2:

I have also contacted both Joshua Fine and Chris Yost, writers and producers of Avengers Earth Mightiest heroes, and both confirmed to us that they have not heard anything about a 3rd season.

Me: Any chances avengers EMH would get a 3rd season?

Joshua Fine: I can't really answer that question as I don't know what conversations have happened there, in the year since I left Marvel.

Chris Yost: i am not involved in such decisions. i just write.

Update 4:

I found the below comment from Jeph Loeb to http://www.collider.com where Jeph basically confirms that Ultimate spider-man will not have over reaching arcs like Avengers and that was his decision:

LOEB: That’s certainly something that we’re talking about. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.” The only thing that is a two-parter is the pilot, which will actually be shown in its entirety on Sunday, April 1st.

It is also interesting to note that the second half of Avengers EMH season 2 will have only self contained episodes, since Jeph took control over marvel animation when only 13 episodes of season 2 we made, hence the second half of the season (the part under his helm) will contain only stand alone episodes.

So Jeph Loeb is singlehandedly destroying Marvel animation and I get the blame for it? :wink: There's more than a little bit of hyperbole there, but I'm not interested in a "new" Avengers toon. It's not broken. The viewers love it. Why eff with it? Sigh. I hope this is really just a rumor. And from this point forward, whatever malady that I encounter will be aptly named a "Stew". :P

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:44 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Actually on one of my local boards we have a long list of pulling a "____ "we use to describe how people react to things or how things work on the boards-

Mine was responding to something in a thread that has nothing to do with the actual thread- is now called "Pulling a Stew" - (thus were my sig was born)-- or seeing a random accessory and knowing what figure its from immediately (although I have been outclassed at that on this board.) or knowing the answer to some random question in 2 seconds (without using wikipedia (which to be honest makes this skill even more obselete)-- also my constant use of parenthesis in my posts-- (I think my record is 7 sets in one sentence).

Pulling a Stew used to be known as posting something that offends many people, but that got changed to "Pulling a Ric"

Although my wife does call me the Dreamcrusher-- as I usually hear someones idea and the put the reality and actual cost of starting up a venture in front of them that makes them reconsider. I do likes me some Schadenfreude.. Thats probably some sort of sickness. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I simply don't get this thinking. The show is a ratings hit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why on earth does he think this way?

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:16 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'll put the blame on Disney. They probably want the Avengers to be animated "in house."

Ah, well. After the fiasco with Wolverine and the X-men, I'm pleasantly surprised we got a Season Two!

Look on the bright side, we have two dozen episodes left to enjoy.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:42 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

texgnome1 wrote:
I simply don't get this thinking. The show is a ratings hit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why on earth does he think this way?

Jeph Loeb is poison to comics and comic adaptations. The best thing about Avengers is that it's serialized and he wants to make it less interesting. Frankly that annoys me more than the cancelation. Instead of just rebooting the franchise like a normal idiotic TV exec would, he's focuse on ruining the current show before it goes off the air. What a jerk.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:44 pm 

Amazing episode today!
Spoiler: show
Ms Marvel was hot! Krees everywhere! S.W.O.R.D., Ronan the Accuser, Agent Rand! So much marvel goodness. And Skrulls! :D I feel like flattening Loeb's tires for effing with this show...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I still don't like Captain Marvel, they changed him too much.

CCC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 am 

Actually, he's closer to how he originally appeared, before he got the nega-bands.

I LOVED this episode. Seeing Ms. Marvel animated was simply awesome. I've been a big fan of Danvers since the Avengers relaunch with Busiek and Perez.

Can't wait to see who shows up next!

BTW
looks like we're getting Scott Lang as Ant-man and Yellow Jacket next week!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:51 am 

Shellhead wrote:
Actually, he's closer to how he originally appeared, before he got the nega-bands.

I LOVED this episode. Seeing Ms. Marvel animated was simply awesome. I've been a big fan of Danvers since the Avengers relaunch with Busiek and Perez.

Can't wait to see who shows up next!

BTW
looks like we're getting Scott Lang as Ant-man and Yellow Jacket next week!

The uniform is closer yes, but he was never blue skinned. One of the subtle but interesting ways Marvel addressed racism, and it let him blend in on Earth without that cheap image inducer cop out.

CCC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm 

Actually Captain Marvel is blue-skinned in the Ultimates universe. Maybe they're melding the two?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:23 am 
3 3/4"

Has anyone else having problems finding this show on indemand on cable? Young Justice and all the cartoon network is on the day after.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:27 am 

Regarding Sunday's show:

What did everybody think of Scott Lang's debut? I thought he was handled pretty well.

Anybody a Power Man/Iron Fist baddie expert? I only knew about a 3rd of them.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 am 

Shellhead wrote:
Regarding Sunday's show:

What did everybody think of Scott Lang's debut? I thought he was handled pretty well.

Loved Scott Lang. The writers have done an excellent job introducing "new" characters to the show and developing them simultaneously. I had a 75% complete run of PM/IF when I was I kid, and I honestly don't remember any of them from that episode. Anyone excited about the Guardians of the Galaxy this week?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:12 pm 

alcinde4 wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Regarding Sunday's show:

Loved Scott Lang. The writers have done an excellent job introducing "new" characters to the show and developing them simultaneously. I had a 75% complete run of PM/IF when I was I kid, and I honestly don't remember any of them from that episode. Anyone excited about the Guardians of the Galaxy this week?

Nope.
"He's the Starlord. Respect him!" No wonder they had the racoon deliver that line. You would have to be an intelligent species to realize how stupid it is to expect someone to just automatically respect someone they have never even heard of. Especially Stark and Hawkeye, they don't even respect each other. :mrgreen:

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:45 pm 

Wow. Two weeks and nobody's talked about the show?
Beta Ray Bill was freaking awesome. Sif and Enchantress, whose now controlled by Surtur, were badass as well. I hope we get an episode focusing Wasp, and another on Black Panther soon.
It doesn't look like there's an episode scheduled for next week though. At least according to my TV guide. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next