Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: JLU
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm really glad Mattycollector is giving us the sets they showed last year. Couldn't you make one more for the fans? I was never able to get Volcana and Aquaman (orange shirt) and maybe if you coul include Owlman or any other character from previous six packs, such as the KG beast or shadow thief. I'm sure it would be a big seller, as those figures are the hardest to find. I 've serched the various internet stores and they go for around 100 dollars each. Or including as a nod to the fans Hal Jordan as a green lantern. This three pack would be huge!!

Post subject: Re: JLU
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

It'd be great, but it's not going to happen. My understanding was that ToyGuru was given approval with the understanding that this would be the last JLU product produced. Pretty much a "fine release them so the fans will shut up" thing from management.

Yes it sucks that the STAS Aquaman was the one bumped, but if it's that vs no Dr Destiny and no Firefly at all? Sorry, I'll accept the bump.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:18 pm 
Resin

Welcome new guy! And Tex said it best, nothing for me to add...Oh, and some of the figures you may need, I do have multiples of. So when you can check the swap meet section check out mine and some of the other collectors want/trade/sale lists.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:34 am 
5th Horseman

I like the way you think Clawful! Someday I would love to get those missing figures for my collection that are far too high-priced on the secondary market. Mattel doesn't think it's worth it, so your best bet for now is checking out the swap meet section and/or waiting for a deal on eBay. I never thought Mattycollector would get us all of the toys that it did though, so hope springs eternal!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:15 am 
Collector Inspector

Since some toy lines do come back from the dead (MOTU, Ghostbusters, etc) it's possible that YEARS from now Mattel MIGHT take a stab at testing the JLU waters again. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 pm 
my tummy itches

JLU could come back. It doesn't always work. But not any time in the next few years. I was very enthusiastic when I first joined but face it, its not gonna happen.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?