Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 405  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I hit a few stores looking for the Sinister 2-pack yesterday, and I'll add to the chorus: the action figure aisle is looking pretty bleak. It didn't seem to matter whether it was Walmart, Target, or TRU. Lots of pegwarmers and empty pegs.

Luckily, the Lego aisle wasn't as bad: the new Quinjet set is mine! :mrgreen:

Never did find Sinister, though. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 pm 
Damage Control

Shellhead wrote:
I hit a few stores looking for the Sinister 2-pack yesterday, and I'll add to the chorus: the action figure aisle is looking pretty bleak. It didn't seem to matter whether it was Walmart, Target, or TRU. Lots of pegwarmers and empty pegs.

Luckily, the Lego aisle wasn't as bad: the new Quinjet set is mine! :mrgreen:

Never did find Sinister, though. :(

Damn, Damn, DAMN

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 am 

SUCCESS!!! :mrgreen:

Found Sinister/Gambit and Thanos/Warlock yesterday at WM.

They even had two of each so I could compare paint apps! :)

My verdict: Sinister is great, but Gambit is terrible. He doesn't even have wrist joints, which are kinda important if your accessory is a staff. I like the Thanos repaint, very comic accurate. And Adam was surprisingly good. I'm pleased that the Infinity Gauntlet is removable, as I'd prefer Warlock without it.

Best of all? I got 'em for $14.99 a pop. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

And my Warlock is already falling over worse than Aayla Secura- due to those damn Ankle joints..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:17 am 
Joint Unfreezer

stewbacca wrote:
And my Warlock is already falling over worse than Aayla Secura- due to those damn Ankle joints..

Man, you must have the worst luck with these stew. My AW is standing and has been standing in the same place for the last 2 months. He's never fell once.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am 
Damage Control

Shellhead wrote:
SUCCESS!!! :mrgreen:

Found Sinister/Gambit and Thanos/Warlock yesterday at WM.

They even had two of each so I could compare paint apps! :)

My verdict: Sinister is great, but Gambit is terrible. He doesn't even have wrist joints, which are kinda important if your accessory is a staff. I like the Thanos repaint, very comic accurate. And Adam was surprisingly good. I'm pleased that the Infinity Gauntlet is removable, as I'd prefer Warlock without it.

Best of all? I got 'em for $14.99 a pop. :D

Yea I got them for 17.99! but my boss got me the Sinister and Gambit so I can't complain

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:03 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

The Psylocke wave is back in stock at Target and Walmart. Still no Warlock or Sinister here.

CCC.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 pm 
Cold-cast

i for one am glad that we have a break from MU. i think one wave a quarter is good. Gives it time to distribute properly. I hate how they get to october and then rush 2-3 waves by Dec. Often these rushed waves have some much wanted characters but they will let waves that no one wants go on forever.

Someone mentioned that thundercats was cancelled did you mean the show or toys, do you have a link on the announcement?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 am 

Zim wrote:
i for one am glad that we have a break from MU. i think one wave a quarter is good. Gives it time to distribute properly. I hate how they get to october and then rush 2-3 waves by Dec. Often these rushed waves have some much wanted characters but they will let waves that no one wants go on forever.

Someone mentioned that thundercats was cancelled did you mean the show or toys, do you have a link on the announcement?

I am pretty sure it was the toys. I saw it too but don't remember where. The show is starting to impress me.

CCC.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:17 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

LordMudd wrote:
I am pretty sure it was the toys. I saw it too but don't remember where. The show is starting to impress me.

CCC.

Both Show and toys-- havent seen anything at this point to refute either...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm 
Hat Pooper

Toys definitely, show probably. I haven't seen an official cancellation notice, but it doesn't appear on the list of returning shows for the next year so that's a strong indication.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:32 pm 
Cold-cast

I think you are right this looks like the last season, unless it is moving to another network which would explain why newer waves/reissues of the toys have the CN logo removed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/28/cartoon-network-announces-new-series-including-ben-10-omniverse-dreamworks-dragons-as-well-as-return-of-adventure-time-regular-show-star-wars-the-clone-wars/126526/

I have to say while i like the series, its not as nice as the 80's version which i found more exciting. The stories in the new series are kind of lame and boring. I want to see more lion o versus mumra fighting. It would not surprise me if kids just aren't interested in watching. For me after getting the main team toys, i don't care for anything else. At least i got the classic 6" mumra and lion-o and the sdcc 8" lion-o. As far as toys are concerned, i'm done but would welcome classics 6" cheetara, panthro, tygra , willy kit and kat. I don't think they would ever do willy kit and kat and without them i would not want the others. Thank god i got the tank with scarff for $10 during the holidays.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:50 pm 

Zim wrote:
I think you are right this looks like the last season, unless it is moving to another network which would explain why newer waves/reissues of the toys have the CN logo removed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/28/cartoon-network-announces-new-series-including-ben-10-omniverse-dreamworks-dragons-as-well-as-return-of-adventure-time-regular-show-star-wars-the-clone-wars/126526/

I have to say while i like the series, its not as nice as the 80's version which i found more exciting. The stories in the new series are kind of lame and boring. I want to see more lion o versus mumra fighting. It would not surprise me if kids just aren't interested in watching. For me after getting the main team toys, i don't care for anything else. At least i got the classic 6" mumra and lion-o and the sdcc 8" lion-o. As far as toys are concerned, i'm done but would welcome classics 6" cheetara, panthro, tygra , willy kit and kat. I don't think they would ever do willy kit and kat and without them i would not want the others. Thank god i got the tank with scarff for $10 during the holidays.

I don't like the metal rivets on the joints, to me aesthetic is more important. I also did not like the non-aerodynamic rings on Cheetara's wrists and ankles. That said, Pumyra looked good last week and I want to see if they do as good with Bengali and Lynxo.

Kind of sad when you have to revert to Thundercats because you can't find any new MU...

CCC.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

LordMudd wrote:
Kind of sad when you have to revert to Thundercats because you can't find any new MU...

CCC.

This. Wave 18, why do you torture me?

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 am 

We do have a couple T-Cat threads, guys.

Anyway, have we heard when the next wave's going to hit? Or the newer Avengers waves? I'd like some Skrull bad guys (both comic and movieverse).

Maybe in June?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 405  Next