Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 405  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
I hit a few stores looking for the Sinister 2-pack yesterday, and I'll add to the chorus: the action figure aisle is looking pretty bleak. It didn't seem to matter whether it was Walmart, Target, or TRU. Lots of pegwarmers and empty pegs.

Luckily, the Lego aisle wasn't as bad: the new Quinjet set is mine! :mrgreen:

Never did find Sinister, though. :(

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 pm 
User avatar
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:35 pm
Posts: 957
Shellhead wrote:
I hit a few stores looking for the Sinister 2-pack yesterday, and I'll add to the chorus: the action figure aisle is looking pretty bleak. It didn't seem to matter whether it was Walmart, Target, or TRU. Lots of pegwarmers and empty pegs.

Luckily, the Lego aisle wasn't as bad: the new Quinjet set is mine! :mrgreen:

Never did find Sinister, though. :(


Damn, Damn, DAMN

_________________
Titan

L.O.D.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
SUCCESS!!! :mrgreen:

Found Sinister/Gambit and Thanos/Warlock yesterday at WM.

They even had two of each so I could compare paint apps! :)

My verdict: Sinister is great, but Gambit is terrible. He doesn't even have wrist joints, which are kinda important if your accessory is a staff. I like the Thanos repaint, very comic accurate. And Adam was surprisingly good. I'm pleased that the Infinity Gauntlet is removable, as I'd prefer Warlock without it.

Best of all? I got 'em for $14.99 a pop. :D

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Shelbyville, KY
And my Warlock is already falling over worse than Aayla Secura- due to those damn Ankle joints..

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:17 am 
Joint Unfreezer
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Vilseck, Germany
stewbacca wrote:
And my Warlock is already falling over worse than Aayla Secura- due to those damn Ankle joints..



Man, you must have the worst luck with these stew. My AW is standing and has been standing in the same place for the last 2 months. He's never fell once.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am 
User avatar
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:35 pm
Posts: 957
Shellhead wrote:
SUCCESS!!! :mrgreen:

Found Sinister/Gambit and Thanos/Warlock yesterday at WM.

They even had two of each so I could compare paint apps! :)

My verdict: Sinister is great, but Gambit is terrible. He doesn't even have wrist joints, which are kinda important if your accessory is a staff. I like the Thanos repaint, very comic accurate. And Adam was surprisingly good. I'm pleased that the Infinity Gauntlet is removable, as I'd prefer Warlock without it.

Best of all? I got 'em for $14.99 a pop. :D


Yea I got them for 17.99! but my boss got me the Sinister and Gambit so I can't complain

_________________
Titan

L.O.D.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:03 pm 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4652
Location: Pasadena, Texas
The Psylocke wave is back in stock at Target and Walmart. Still no Warlock or Sinister here.

CCC.

_________________
The dirty old man of figure customizing.
When you enforce your point of view on an open forum, it is no longer an open forum.
Museum Super Collector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:31 pm
Posts: 441
i for one am glad that we have a break from MU. i think one wave a quarter is good. Gives it time to distribute properly. I hate how they get to october and then rush 2-3 waves by Dec. Often these rushed waves have some much wanted characters but they will let waves that no one wants go on forever.

Someone mentioned that thundercats was cancelled did you mean the show or toys, do you have a link on the announcement?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4652
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Zim wrote:
i for one am glad that we have a break from MU. i think one wave a quarter is good. Gives it time to distribute properly. I hate how they get to october and then rush 2-3 waves by Dec. Often these rushed waves have some much wanted characters but they will let waves that no one wants go on forever.

Someone mentioned that thundercats was cancelled did you mean the show or toys, do you have a link on the announcement?


I am pretty sure it was the toys. I saw it too but don't remember where. The show is starting to impress me.

CCC.

_________________
The dirty old man of figure customizing.
When you enforce your point of view on an open forum, it is no longer an open forum.
Museum Super Collector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:17 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Shelbyville, KY
LordMudd wrote:
I am pretty sure it was the toys. I saw it too but don't remember where. The show is starting to impress me.

CCC.



Both Show and toys-- havent seen anything at this point to refute either...

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm 
Hat Pooper
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 am
Posts: 589
Location: Redlands, CA
Toys definitely, show probably. I haven't seen an official cancellation notice, but it doesn't appear on the list of returning shows for the next year so that's a strong indication.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:32 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:31 pm
Posts: 441
I think you are right this looks like the last season, unless it is moving to another network which would explain why newer waves/reissues of the toys have the CN logo removed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/28/cartoon-network-announces-new-series-including-ben-10-omniverse-dreamworks-dragons-as-well-as-return-of-adventure-time-regular-show-star-wars-the-clone-wars/126526/

I have to say while i like the series, its not as nice as the 80's version which i found more exciting. The stories in the new series are kind of lame and boring. I want to see more lion o versus mumra fighting. It would not surprise me if kids just aren't interested in watching. For me after getting the main team toys, i don't care for anything else. At least i got the classic 6" mumra and lion-o and the sdcc 8" lion-o. As far as toys are concerned, i'm done but would welcome classics 6" cheetara, panthro, tygra , willy kit and kat. I don't think they would ever do willy kit and kat and without them i would not want the others. Thank god i got the tank with scarff for $10 during the holidays.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:50 pm 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4652
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Zim wrote:
I think you are right this looks like the last season, unless it is moving to another network which would explain why newer waves/reissues of the toys have the CN logo removed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/28/cartoon-network-announces-new-series-including-ben-10-omniverse-dreamworks-dragons-as-well-as-return-of-adventure-time-regular-show-star-wars-the-clone-wars/126526/

I have to say while i like the series, its not as nice as the 80's version which i found more exciting. The stories in the new series are kind of lame and boring. I want to see more lion o versus mumra fighting. It would not surprise me if kids just aren't interested in watching. For me after getting the main team toys, i don't care for anything else. At least i got the classic 6" mumra and lion-o and the sdcc 8" lion-o. As far as toys are concerned, i'm done but would welcome classics 6" cheetara, panthro, tygra , willy kit and kat. I don't think they would ever do willy kit and kat and without them i would not want the others. Thank god i got the tank with scarff for $10 during the holidays.


I don't like the metal rivets on the joints, to me aesthetic is more important. I also did not like the non-aerodynamic rings on Cheetara's wrists and ankles. That said, Pumyra looked good last week and I want to see if they do as good with Bengali and Lynxo.

Kind of sad when you have to revert to Thundercats because you can't find any new MU...

CCC.

_________________
The dirty old man of figure customizing.
When you enforce your point of view on an open forum, it is no longer an open forum.
Museum Super Collector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6085
Location: Atlanta, GA
LordMudd wrote:
Kind of sad when you have to revert to Thundercats because you can't find any new MU...

CCC.


This. Wave 18, why do you torture me?

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
We do have a couple T-Cat threads, guys.

Anyway, have we heard when the next wave's going to hit? Or the newer Avengers waves? I'd like some Skrull bad guys (both comic and movieverse).

Maybe in June?

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 405  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.071s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]