Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What is Lego Cuusoo?
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:44 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Is this what I think it is? Fans vote on sets and Lego makes and sells them in a limited fashion? I see it mentioned all the time on Brickset, but I never see any explanations.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject: Re: What is Lego Cuusoo?
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:28 am 
Tis' but a pup

Howard the Duck wrote:
Is this what I think it is? Fans vote on sets and Lego makes and sells them in a limited fashion? I see it mentioned all the time on Brickset, but I never see any explanations.

yea its exactly that. every idea needs at least 10,000 supporters. once it does it gets looked at by a Lego jury and they decide if they want to sell it. heres a link to the Lego cusso blog with some articles of ideas getting turned down and being accepted. pretty cool stuff

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Oh, wow. How does one get on 'The List' to buy approved Cuusoos? How much do they cost in comparison to retail sets with similar brick counts?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 pm 
PVC

Apparently Cuusoo means more or less "wish" in japanese.

A Shaun of the Dead set that won enough votes was recently turned down by Lego for fairly obvious content reasons. A BTTF theme and a EVE Online ship have been voted through and are in review by Lego now, and the voting site is getting carpet bombed by votes for a Firefly Serenity playset as we speak. So far the winning sets that have been manufactured have been a Minecraft microscale set (that was backed by Minecraft itself) and I think a real life Japanese unmanned spaceship and some kind of Japanese(?) underwater craft I think.

I guess celebrities have started tweeting about thier pet licenses accounting for the sudden influx of votes for Shaun of the Dead and Firefly in particular.