Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice Finds/Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 pm 
Cold-cast

I too had the problem with my Tivo on Comcast not recording the 1st episode of invasion because of the name change. I totally freaked out but then found out that CN website airs these episodes but it needs to verify if you are part of their authorized cable companies and Comcast is. I got lucky though as they rebroadcast it on Sunday.

Man that was an awesome episode!!!! i love the all the new suits or designs, even of characters i did not like before. I now so wish they had not cancelled the 4" line. I would have died for the batgirl and wonder girl figures. I understand why the big box stores backed out based on sales of the first 4 waves, technically first 3 waves but i wish they had held out a little longer because with invasion it got really awesome. I wish Mattel had designed these figures better, had chosen better characters for the first waves and had a decent price, distribution and paint apps. This could have done well. I just wish they release wave 5 the one with superman. The figures were not worth $10. I think it would have done well at $5.99-$6.99. I know i was not a big fan of the line before invasion but i am now with a few adjustments. That batgirl design is awesome.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

BCYa wrote:
So are those of us without the final 2 figures from this line out of luck, with our incomplete Hall of Justice? I never liked this build-a-crap in the first place, but this is sucking more than I thought it would.

Probably-- ebay or discount closeout stores may be your only option-- but since I still saw multiples of the stealth wave -- it will still probably be cheaper to complete than Giganta..

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 am 
Displays Backwards

stewbacca wrote:
BCYa wrote:
So are those of us without the final 2 figures from this line out of luck, with our incomplete Hall of Justice? I never liked this build-a-crap in the first place, but this is sucking more than I thought it would.

Probably-- ebay or discount closeout stores may be your only option-- but since I still saw multiples of the stealth wave -- it will still probably be cheaper to complete than Giganta..

I think it would be more rewarding to smash my HOJ into tiny pieces and say F U Mattel. If I do I will post pics. I'm not getting scalped because of Mattel's crap.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

BCYa wrote:
I think it would be more rewarding to smash my HOJ into tiny pieces and say F U Mattel. If I do I will post pics. I'm not getting scalped because of Mattel's crap.

Oh yeah, that'll sure teach them a lesson. I mean, they already have your money, but smashing the product you purchased from them might bring a tear to Matty's eye. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:04 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Actually one of the most eloquent protest statements in the realm of toys was the Star Trek Collector who melted down his 1701 exclusives and mailed them to Playmates. I'm sure most of you have no idea what I am talking about, but some of the old timers do. On a purely political line, the Arab Spring began with a self-immolation. While I am in no way endorsing acts of self harm, something heart felt like the 1701s is always an option. On the other hand you could just stop buying any Mattel products.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 pm 
Displays Backwards

shabbyblue wrote:
BCYa wrote:

Oh yeah, that'll sure teach them a lesson. I mean, they already have your money, but smashing the product you purchased from them might bring a tear to Matty's eye. :roll:

It's my stuff. I can do with it what I want. Take your self-righteousness out the door. Maybe I'm tired of feeling like Mattel's b*tch? Maybe I don't want an incomplete HOF?

I never wanted the build-a-crap in the figures in the first place. And now I want it even less.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:33 am 
Aspires to be #1

Then why did you buy it?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 am 
categorically opposed

BCYa wrote:
It's my stuff. I can do with it what I want. Take your self-righteousness out the door. Maybe I'm tired of feeling like Mattel's b*tch? Maybe I don't want an incomplete HOF?

I never wanted the build-a-crap in the figures in the first place. And now I want it even less.

So instead of being their broogle (which I don't really understand, but okay), you'd be the crazy toy collector who took a sledgehammer to a piece of plastic in anger.

It'd probably be a win-win - you'd feel better, and the Mattel boys division would have a great video to play at all their Christmas parties.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:27 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Guys, keep looking at your local Target. I just found the last 2 stealth Aqualad & Kid Flash last week. As Targets are doing teir spring resets, these cases are still in the pipeline. I've seen them twice so far, and I'm sure more are out there. They're not easy to find, but I'll keep snagging them as I come across them to help board members.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:00 am 
5" Scale

Sigh sometimes its so embarrassing to be a toy collector lol :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 am 
shirtless hugger

I saw both of those figures at Target last week, as well. Keep checking. If I find them again, I'll buy them and get them to someone who needs them.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:28 am 
Aspires to be #1

I have Stealth Kid Flash and Stealth Aqualad, but I'm not offering them to someone who is only going to smash it up.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 am 
Displays Backwards

I'm just frustrated with Mattel and their crummy build-a-lines. I currently have an incomplete HOJ, an incomplete WWE stage, and an incomplete Michael Cole, which are showing no signs of being completed anytime soon unless I hand over an arm and a leg to some greedy Ebay creep. Because of Mattel's crap case packs, like Wave 2.5 or whatever it was, which gave us Stealth Robin and Sportsmaster and a bunch of figure nobody wanted any more of. And they have done the same thing with the WWE lines.

If jumping on me and bashing me makes some of you guys feel better about yourself, well, that's so cool.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am 
Displays Backwards

I wasn't planning on smashing the HOF any time soon. It was just talk. Maybe six months from now if they still never show up.

And I'm sorry I posted about being frustrated with Mattel, I've never seen any one else here do that. Bad form on my part.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:01 pm 
categorically opposed

BCYa wrote:
I wasn't planning on smashing the HOF any time soon. It was just talk. Maybe six months from now if they still never show up.

Six months? Oh, well, why didn't you say so?

That makes much more sense!

;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next