Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last JLU Requests - the final 3 pack (Volcana/Aqua/Grann
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:15 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Sorry, I thought this was a thread about fantasy ideas that will never get made. If so, then I'd vote for Metal Men, whcih only really require new heads, as opposed to a completely new tool. Granny, unfortunately, falls in to that category. Mattel has officially closed the book on any new tools for JLU in the future, after the FINAL (quoted from Toy Guru) three packs are released ion Matty Collector.

:wink: Sorry Captain, but not quite. We've all made "wish list" threads full of names...this one's more about the concept of Granny and the other two as a potential idea for Matty to consider in the months to come, should they have any lingering desire to revisit JLU. It seems like ToyGuru would be in favor of a Granny-related idea![/quote]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm 
my tummy itches

Well these packs were NOT going to get made either as quoted from TG. My point is anythings possible. Even my poison ivy. Regular female body with new head sculpt. Of course it's been FINAL before and look where we are. It was not possible at $30. Firefly and doctor destiny were NOT possible. Even if it's not labeled under JLU I don't care. As long as it's the timmverse version of DCAU why would I care? Why would anyone. DCAU is DCAU.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:25 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Captain Collector wrote:
Since this is a fantasy/pie in the sky thread for toys I want, but will NEVER be made, I vote for a 6-pack (or two 3 packs), of JLU versions of the Metal Men, made of die cast metal.
Hey, it's my fantasy, and since there won't be any more JLU after the final 3 packs coming later this year, that's what I'd want!

Off topic just to take a jab at the suggested Volcana/Aquaman/Granny Goodness idea, really?

Once again, you sure you want to commit to "NEVER" when it comes to JLU?
It hasn't worked out yet for anyone else who said that.

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 pm 
my tummy itches

Totally true. And then when we get this pack and my killer croc guess who's gonna look bad? You.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:02 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else, and I'd rather have Metal Men. Here's the thing folks: you want more JLU? Make sure these final sets sell, and fast! I hope they do, but the previous sets didnt sell too well, and now these are more expensive. Toy Guru really pleaded for these to get done, so let's all pull together and buy these. Mattel isn't going to throw more bad money after good, I can assure you. If these tank, then there is no chance anything else sees the light of day, and then it's officially over.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I want a Hellgrammite. :wink:

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:07 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Why do people get so angry and resort to namecalling and personal attacks so much in this group? I almost hate posting in here sometimes because I know somebody will talk smack to me about a simple opinion or post. This is the only toy group I'm in that has people arguing like this. IE-Why i mainly stay to the Vintage Varieties area in here, not much arguing, if any. Also, I would imagine most JLU collectors are aware we got some amazing, obscure characters made, but wishing for another pack isn't being greedy, it's just wishing along those lines. I can't see what that's met with presumptions and animosity. Nobody said "Mattel sucks if they don't give us this". Seriously, no exaggeration, EVERY TIME I come into this Matty section, within one or two threads read I see an argument. Aren't most of us adults in here? Some of ya'll take toys waaay too serious. I can;t see how you enjoy them honestly. Also, as far as I'm aware, there's no premium on threads, they're free for us, we're not running short or anything. :roll:

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:36 am 
categorically opposed

An-Gel Sakura wrote:

These figures were already tooled. Mattel was actually ready to take a loss rather than go through the hassle of production. Now they are completely out of already-tooled figures.

I don't have any delusions that these three-packs are going to set the market on fire when they're put up for sale - and the only way that JLU is to continue is if these bad boys sell out in short order. History doesn't give me hope that that's going to happen.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:21 am 
Aspires to be #1

You guys are missing the big picture anyway. In 20 years, we'll get JLU Classics and we'll all be able to keep collecting them again.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:27 am 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
You guys are missing the big picture anyway. In 20 years, we'll get JLU Classics and we'll all be able to keep collecting them again.

Yes, but the scale will be 2 inches larger. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:35 am 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Haha you're probably right. At least the "new" tiny Barda will be in scale with our old line.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 am 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

Haha you're probably right. At least the "new" tiny Barda will be in scale with our old line.

And Johnny Thunder will be in scale with the 10-inch line.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am 
my tummy itches

MoMoney wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:

These figures were already tooled. Mattel was actually ready to take a loss rather than go through the hassle of production. Now they are completely out of already-tooled figures.

I don't have any delusions that these three-packs are going to set the market on fire when they're put up for sale - and the only way that JLU is to continue is if these bad boys sell out in short order. History doesn't give me hope that that's going to happen.[/quote

" who knows. Maybe fate will take a hand " - baby doll in love is a croc.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am 
my tummy itches

MoMoney wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:

I don't have any delusions that these three-packs are going to set the market on fire when they're put up for sale - and the only way that JLU is to continue is if these bad boys sell out in short order. History doesn't give me hope that that's going to happen.[/quote

" who knows. Maybe fate will take a hand " - baby doll in love is a croc.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:03 pm 
shirtless hugger

Kalibak, I've been a little confused with your last couple of posts, because they feature quotes from other posters, only without the "quote" tag. Just thought I'd point that out in case you were missing it...

Else, you got me laughing with your Hellgrammite request - never heard that one before! He's so obscure, I was shocked to see him appear in the JLU episode "Alive!" :)

As for the arguing, well, try to ignore it.

Quote:
I don't have any delusions that these three-packs are going to set the market on fire when they're put up for sale - and the only way that JLU is to continue is if these bad boys sell out in short order. History doesn't give me hope that that's going to happen.

Oh, I agree - Mattel hasn't been happy with how JLU merch has sold, so I doubt these new packs will suddenly prove more popular. But still, as long as they have the DC license, they may want to put out a new JLU figure at some point down the line. At least they know they can sell a few JLU figures (versus almost no Green Lantern toys).

If and when that day comes - I hope they'll see this thread!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next