Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Back to the Future - Hoverboard Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:05 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I'm a little murky on the credit card charge part of the Hoverboard sale. If the hoverboard gets enough pre-orders it will go into production and cards will be charged. But, is that 'charged' as in right then and there? Or, is it a hold placed on the card where it ties up the amount of the purchase without actually taking the money out?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

If it works like the subs (and it sounds like it does) your card will be pre-authorized for the amount plus shipping/taxes when you place the orders (which means you need to have that much available to actually place the order) then after a 5-10 days the charge drops off and you won't actually be charged again until the product is ready to ship.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

just out of curiosity, how many actually bought this?

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I fully intended to, but I didn't have the funds to buy it until after the extended pre-sale date came and went. At this point, for me to buy one, it would have to come with the six-inch scaled Hoverboard, and that window of opportunity has closed.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:57 pm 
serves the Otter

I bought one! It's going to be a nice display piece. I'm eager to see the final packaging for it too, since they indicated it would be designed to look like an in-universe package for the toy itself as if it sold in 2015 as a Barbie hoverboard for girls, and not as a Back to the Future prop replica. Very creative idea there. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:13 am 
Damage Control

As much as I would love to have a hoverboard.... I'm waiting to blow my money on the Hot Toys Back to the future figures coming out next year. They are doing a 1/6 Delorean for pete's sake (although I could never afford one of those). I know I'm going to ultimately regret not getting a hoverboard, it just isn't in the cards for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Veil1 wrote:
They are doing a 1/6 Delorean for pete's sake (although I could never afford one of those).

If I win the lottery, I will buy you and me one each.

Hot Toys laughs at me every time they come out with stuff like this. "Ha ha, you'll never have this." I hate them for it, but I love them for my Christopher Reeve Superman.

As for the board, I won't be getting it. It was never my favorite prop from those films, and the second movie is my least favorite of the trilogy (yes, I know the hoverboard featured in 3 as well).

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 pm 
serves the Otter

Whoa... Hot Toys is doing BTTF 12"? Wow, that's news to me, but very welcome. Now I don't have to be bitter about Mattel sitting on this license and refusing to make 6" figures. I'll be much happier with Hot Toys quality 12" versions of Marty and Doc. Have any specific details been released yet, or is the only thing we know so far is that BTTF figures are coming from them? I assume the first one would be Marty from the first film. I'm so glad Hot Toys is tackling these instead of Mattel. Not only will we know the likenesses will be spot on, but they'll be loaded with plenty of accessories too. For Marty, he should definitely come with the photograph of his semi-vanishing siblings, and I hope Doc comes with a case of plutonium. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 pm 
Damage Control

Backward Galaxy wrote:
Veil1 wrote:
They are doing a 1/6 Delorean for pete's sake (although I could never afford one of those).

If I win the lottery, I will buy you and me one each.

Hot Toys laughs at me every time they come out with stuff like this. "Ha ha, you'll never have this." I hate them for it, but I love them for my Christopher Reeve Superman.

As for the board, I won't be getting it. It was never my favorite prop from those films, and the second movie is my least favorite of the trilogy (yes, I know the hoverboard featured in 3 as well).

I will take you up on your offer. :) I too love my HT Superman. A really terrific figure.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 pm 
Damage Control

shabbyblue wrote:
Whoa... Hot Toys is doing BTTF 12"? Wow, that's news to me, but very welcome. Now I don't have to be bitter about Mattel sitting on this license and refusing to make 6" figures. I'll be much happier with Hot Toys quality 12" versions of Marty and Doc. Have any specific details been released yet, or is the only thing we know so far is that BTTF figures are coming from them? I assume the first one would be Marty from the first film. I'm so glad Hot Toys is tackling these instead of Mattel. Not only will we know the likenesses will be spot on, but they'll be loaded with plenty of accessories too. For Marty, he should definitely come with the photograph of his semi-vanishing siblings, and I hope Doc comes with a case of plutonium. :)

They will probably be DX's and with the way HT has been jacking up prices, my guess Non DX = $215, Dx= $250. It may be more if Micheal's likeness rights cost an arm and a leg (which they probably did). I will have to probably sell my Blade or Wolverine figure to subsidize these. They will be spendy, but awesome. With any luck, if they do a DX we will get a two in one figure (2 costumes). Life preserver Marty, BTTF 2 2015 Marty, or Old west Marty would be my first picks.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:50 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

shabbyblue wrote:

thread here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24041

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Back to the Future Hoverboard
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

So... apparently its not just the MOTUC and JLU crowd that goes off the deep end at Mattel.

Im not really sure what all the fuss is about as I haven't been paying that much attention but people are going ape $h!+ over the upcoming Hoverboard replica in the worst way.

I haven't seen the masses gather their pitchforks so quickly since the original Frankenstein monster came to town.

Anyone who is part of the insanity (on either side of the argument is fine) want to share some input or would we all just rather sit this one out with a bucket of popcorn and laugh for a while?

Post subject: Re: Back to the Future Hoverboard
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 am 
An Insider

Yeah I could see this coming for a while. It's from the prop replica community. If you go to www.therpf.com they have pages of discussion and rants. They are really disappointed that this isn't 100% screen accurate to the original prop. They feel like they were misled by Scott to believe that this would be a perfect replica.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Just how... off... is it? Considerable where it would no longer be Martys or... laughable?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:37 am 
An Insider

I just checked over there again and they are talking about contacting the Federal Trade Commission over this. They are also peeved they can't cancel their order.

I think their main complaints are the fact that the sticker pattern is too big and not lenticular and I think there is supposed to be pink velcro straps across the board but instead Matty just used a sticker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next