Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie Masters Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 am 
Daniel Pickett

Apparently the Mattel store in at their headquarters in Ca is loaded with the Parallax head/torso set. I think they are about $10 but they have sales a lot.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 pm 
Collector Inspector

I finally dove in and bought a double set with Parallax and Morro on ebay for , oh I forget...$36.00 shipped or something. Not a smashing deal but I wasn't finding any good deals on these and I got tired of waiting for Mattel to follow up on their Q and A answer of finding a retail solution for the later waves. Sure, I think these will eventually show up at discounters, and I'm just being impatient, but I thought what the heck. I love the packaging for this line:

I'm still missing two pieces. The right tentacle that comes with Galius Zed. This is the one that holds the Hal Jordan mini-figure. And I'm missing a leg that comes with Hector Hammond.

Now you can see that the tentacle is a glaring omission, but that leg is really not necessary. I just plug the stand into the hole where that leg is supposed to go and I'm perfectly happy. This makes it easier to pass on Hector, which is fine, I'm not really in to him. Now, not having that leg probably weakens the resell value of my Parallax , but whatever , I'm pretty pleased with him as is! :)

For the record, I really like the artistry on this Collect and connect figure. He's fun. Good sculpt. It's fun to bash my green lanterns around with him. He's huge. He towers over my Anti-Monitor!

When I opened up Morro, I was immediately struck by how small he was for a $16.00 action figure. Not so much small, but there's not much mass to him. But placed next with the others, he's as tall as Hal Jordan. Very nice design and sculpt with this guy though. I never planned on collecting this line, but the designs were so eccentric and weird, I became a little smitten with having a GL corp that looked really, truly alien:

with some of my DCUC Sinestro Corp:

So, I hope these go down in price and hit discount stores. I'm still sore that these bombed at retail. I never saw Sinestro in a store. Not cool. I'm on the hunt for Galius but I'm going to pass on Hector unless I find him for REALLY cheap.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:31 am 
Brand Manager

Hey for those who care I found Isamot Kol and Sinestro at a store called CW Price $^ not bad. Also a buddy of mine found Hal Jordan at TJ Maxx for only $4! So these are shipping to wholesaler hope I helped someone out! I have a little Facebook page where I posted this kind of info for anyone who cares ......http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/437791979571279/

I personally think these figures are horrbile but hey I colelct JLU so what do I know lol

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

funtime3 wrote:
This makes it easier to pass on Hector, which is fine, I'm not really in to him. Now, not having that leg probably weakens the resell value of my Parallax , but whatever , I'm pretty pleased with him as is! :)

For the record, I really like the artistry on this Collect and connect figure. He's fun. Good sculpt. It's fun to bash my green lanterns around with him. He's huge. He towers over my Anti-Monitor!

When I opened up Morro, I was immediately struck by how small he was for a $16.00 action figure. Not so much small, but there's not much mass to him. But placed next with the others, he's as tall as Hal Jordan. Very nice design and sculpt with this guy though. I never planned on collecting this line, but the designs were so eccentric and weird, I became a little smitten with having a GL corp that looked really, truly alien:

So, I hope these go down in price and hit discount stores. I'm still sore that these bombed at retail. I never saw Sinestro in a store. Not cool. I'm on the hunt for Galius but I'm going to pass on Hector unless I find him for REALLY cheap.

If you think Morro looks small wait until you find Hammond... I don't understand why they didn't use the Dark Knight suit body for him instead of an all new one, especially when you consider that he only comes up to Hal's shoulder...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:29 am 
Collector Inspector

PBateman wrote:
Hey for those who care I found Isamot Kol and Sinestro at a store called CW Price $^ not bad. Also a buddy of mine found Hal Jordan at TJ Maxx for only $4! So these are shipping to wholesaler hope I helped someone out! I have a little Facebook page where I posted this kind of info for anyone who cares ......http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/437791979571279/

I personally think these figures are horrbile but hey I colelct JLU so what do I know lol

Thanks, PBateman, this info is really valuable because finding these at discount stores has been a big deal for me. I've already spent full price on a lot of these, UNFORTUNATELY. Personally I find them to be pretty nice looking action figures, just too expensive.

If I can find Galius and Hector for a few bucks at TJMaxx that would be a huge help.

If anyone sees anything at TJMaxx, Big Lots, etc. , Please report it! :)

Jim_Abell wrote:
If you think Morro looks small wait until you find Hammond... I don't understand why they didn't use the Dark Knight suit body for him instead of an all new one, especially when you consider that he only comes up to Hal's shoulder...

OMG, I know. I've seen some Youtube reviews of Hector. Where did that body even come from? Why make him so small? You're right, the Dark Knight Two-Face body or something would have been just fine.

When you hold Morro, Krona and I assume Hector in your hand, they just don't feel like a $16.00 purchase.

I really want a Green Lantern sequel, but if they scrap it to do a Justice League movie, I guess I'd be okay with that, but i'd prefer a proper Sinestro Corp War movie.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:34 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I own the Green Lantern Classics Movie Masters Preview figure G'hu
Hector Hammond (I put him in Professor X's wheel chair)
Krona x4 (working on a few more for a full Guardian Council)
Maskless Hal Jordan (for the little bug Green Lantern and I wanted to swap his head onto a DCUC Green Lantern body but found out the head is too small.)

I woulnd't mind a few of the Movie Master alien Lanterns for a cheap price and Parallax at some point.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:44 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I still need the bug for my 4" if anyone has an extra they don't want.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:05 am 
Brand Manager

I got the DC Direct Stel from my wife, and I'm using it with my movie GL corps:

Still looking for 2 of the final Guardians 4 inch figures. Anyone found them? Even online?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:09 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Has anyone tried a head transplant (or a body transplant, I suppose) with Hector? I don't have a spare Harvey Dent or Walter Peck, but I would think either one of those would be a much better body than the one we got. The only problem might be the neck connections. It looks like the HH head and neck plugs into a socket on the body, as opposed to a neck plug/head socket. Even so: anybody give it a shot? If so, any luck?

Or, as an alternate fix, how does he look in the Prof X wheelchair? That might hide his diminutive stature. Or it might highlight it, if his feet dangle above the footrests.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:16 am 

I like him, I even like him in the chair

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 am 

Van Statten wrote:
I like him, I even like him in the chair

That's not bad. I might try to track down a spare chair for him. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:43 am 

OK, another quick question. I got Morro opened up, and he's pretty keen. I really dig the cape. He's a little small, but since he's an alien, I can accept the size differential (a lot better than poor mini-Hector). My only complaint is the lack of the hammer. Heck, his hand is molded to hold a hammer. Anybody got an idea of a good replacement hammer for Morro? I think that would really make him pop.

Also, Parallax is finally finished. I think it looks much better if it's floating/hovering, rather than trying to stand on the tentacles. Though, to be fair, I still prefer the space bug from the comics, the movie cloud monster translated better than I expected, and looks much better in person than any picture I've seen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:05 pm 
Cold-cast

While on vacation, I found a Bzzt w/sorta-adult sized GL ring& waste of plastic for $4 at a Marshalls in SC. It was the first time I'd seen Bzzt in a store,and it was nice to get it for $4.

What are the alien GLs from the Movie Master line that don't have counterparts in the 4" line? I have Naut Ke Loi, Rot Lop Fan, and Morrow. Did I miss any? Would any of those MM GLs that I could fudge to fit with my 4" GLs?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:29 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I think the fish could fudge, since that isn't what he really looks like in the books, and looking that radical makes size relative.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 am 

I found Isamot Kol, Sinestro and the Parallax upper torso pack at Ross yesterday for $3.99 each. So now I will probably be trying to build Parallax, I have a lot of these stores around me and I have seen almost all the Movie Masters between all of them baring Hector Hammond and Morro. So this could be fun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next