Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCUC/Super Powers Question
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:06 pm 
PVC

I have made a shelf in my nerd cave for the DCUC figures that were made in the Super Powers style. I need some advice on which versions would be the right versions to best match the old Kenner Super Powers figures.

The 2 figures I am stuck on is Batman and Orion.

There are 2 versions of Orion from DCUC. The version where his helmet can come off (in a two pack with Lightray) or the version that was in DCUC wave 1. Which one is the better fit to match the Super Powers figure of him?

The 2 versions of Batman I am going back and forth about is the Batman from DCUC wave 1 (the grey is to dark and he has the black "shadow" on his face/forehead area) and 2003 SDCC Batman. Th only thing stopping me using the SDCC Batman is the black color to the underside of the cape.

Which versions of Orion and Batman would my fellow constituents say would be a better match? Thanks for the advice.

Post subject: Re: DCUC/Super Powers Question
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:11 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I go with Wave 1 Batman... or Wave 1 Batman's body with the head from the Azreal two pack.

I don't own a single Orion so on that note I have no clue.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:24 pm 
Unbreakable

Definately Wave 1 Batman. He is still in my top 5 of DCUC figs made. As far as Orion is concerned I would go with whichever is easier fo you to obtain and in your price range. They are the exact same figure with the exception of the hed/helmet. Neither particularly look like the SP Orion but then again that version was a bit odd with the action feature head.

If I had to choose one I would go with the 2-pack Orion just because I like having the helmet off option.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:23 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Van Statten wrote:
I go with Wave 1 Batman... or Wave 1 Batman's body with the head from the Azreal two pack.

I went this route - Wave 1 Batman with the head from the upcoming (?) two pack. Looks great.