Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Wal-Mart UPC's leake
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:42 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I really like the Nolan Bat films, and Mattel's movie masters, so I'll buy them all at retail. I've been actively looking, but no luck yet! I'm sure I'll come across these in the coming week!
Thanks for posting the pics, congrats on your finds! Keep 'em coming!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:19 am 
serves the Otter

I did find the 3.75 inch Dark Knight Rises figures at my local Toy R' Us. Their cost was $6.99, which means they'll probably go for $5.99 at some of the "more cheap" locations. FYI, the figures were on a simple "discount store" card and came with grappling hook and batarang. The hook is awesome, but the batarang is too big for any figure. Regardless, I was surprised by the turnaround in price from Mattel's previous 3.75 offerings like Young Justice and the Green Lantern Movie series. I guess Mattel can come up with a value line, when they want to (or have to.)

ps: Unlike GL & YJ, these figures appear to have articulation at the knees. So that's 2 more points of articulation than usual. But that's about it. (Marvel Universe figures, they are still not.)

Last edited by red Ricky on Mon May 21, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:20 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I thought Bane was lame myself and was planning on selling him once I got his signal part but something about him in hand. He poses well and is just nice in person.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:30 am 
An Insider

I'm really excited for these. I went to a local Target this morning and had them look up the DCPI but once they found them they told me I would have to come back on Sunday. Oh well, I can wait a week. I really hope the other 3 don't take long to make it out. So does anyone have a decently scaled tumbler to go with the MM figures? Any suggestions? I'm really not concerned with any figures being able to fit inside but would like one to display with them that doesn't look too small.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:54 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

red Ricky wrote:
I did find the 3.75 inch Dark Knight Rises figures at my local Toy R' Us. Their cost was $6.99, which means they'll probably go for $5.99 at some of the "more cheap" locations. FYI, the figures were on a simple "discount store" card and came with grappling hook and batarang. The hook is awesome, but the batarang is too big for any figure. Regardless, I was surprised by the turnaround in price from Mattel's previous 3.75 offerings like Young Justice and the Green Lantern Movie series. I guess Mattel can come up with a value line, when they want to (or have to.)

ps: Unlike GL & YJ, these figures appear to have articulation at the knees. So that's 2 more points of articulation than usual. But that's about it. (Marvel Universe figures, they are still not.)

The TDK 4" figures had knees also and I think these new are rereleases of them. (at least the Batman ones)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:28 am 
Brand Manager

Yeah, that's it! I'm officially envious. :evil:

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:35 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:54 am 
Displays Backwards

PJ wrote:
red Ricky wrote:

The TDK 4" figures had knees also and I think these new are rereleases of them. (at least the Batman ones)

Yeah, they are. I picked up the black Batman and it's almost the same as the TDK version, just has a gold belt instead of silver. The other 3 Batmen looked goofy. I collected the line last time, they made 2-packs with Joker, Joker's Goon, Scarecrow, Two-Face, and Bruce Wayne. And the Bat Tumblers were cool.

This time they are making a couple of Bane figures, but I haven't seen a Catwoman fig. It's too bad they really half-assed it on this line.

Maybe I'll have to pick up those Movie Masters.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Yes I have the TDK 4" so I'll just be getting a Basic Batman & all the new characters this time for the 4" line. I'll get the MM figures and if they do the 5" line like they did for BB & TDK I'll do like the 4" and get the basic Batman and then all the new characters they release for this movie.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:14 pm 
shirtless hugger

Oh man, is Catwoman out at retail, too? I know Van Statten gets most of his stuff online/from overseas sellers, but I want to know if I should keep an eye out for her.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 pm 

Joe G. wrote:
Oh man, is Catwoman out at retail, too? I know Van Statten gets most of his stuff online/from overseas sellers, but I want to know if I should keep an eye out for her.

I got her on card from someone on ebay. He was selling her and Batman together. I'm guessing there's a revision case out there with her. I've seen some cases advertised with 4 Batman, 2 Bane, a Alfred and 1 Catwoman.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:06 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

All I've seen for the DKR so far is a micro Hot Wheels RC tumbler at TRU...A role play utility belt and and RC tumbler at WalMart. My wife just said the WalMart on her way home from work has a WM exclusive 4" Tumbler w/ Batman set. She is going to try and pick it up

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

apparently you got a lucky deal there Van Statten.

From what I've been told, the "googles down" version of Catwoman will be the chase version, with the "goggles up" version the more common packout.

Now that I see the Batsignal, if it wasn't actually going to light up and project the signal I think it would be an easy pass for me. Now the big question is ... get the figures at retail and ebay them off, or just ebay the signal and be done with it. Which will be more cost effective?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:57 pm 
An Insider

Stopped in at a Target on the way home and an employee actually pulled a case of movie masters for me to go through. All I ended up with was Batman and Bane because the case only had 4 Batman and 2 Bane, no Alfred.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next