Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:02 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Frankly, after having time settle down and process this a bit more, I find it to be utterly inept, and absolutely abhorrent that this is how a business is run in today's market place.

Especially a business that is excessive about luxury purchases. If I handled customer service in the restaurant like this I would be fired before the conversation ended. If I handled it like this at my shipping job, I would be fired as soon as the phone was hung up.

The Matty/DR team is sub-par and its practices are unexceptable.

I would love to take this conversation directly to Scott and, if I thought it would make a damn bit of difference, to his bosses as well, but I know that all I'll get for my efforts is canned, legal department approved non-answers and business as usual.

This experience, on top of all the retail issues Matty is facing so far this year, truly make me question whether or not I'll be here when the get everything up and running again. I love DC characters, and I want to continue to buy the products, but not like this.

As Jason was saying in today's GSI podcast, it just isn't FUN right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:41 am 
5" Scale

j1h15233 wrote:
MoMoney wrote:
Finally got my shipping notice and invoice, and I was charged $20 instead of $15. I'll be making a phone call later today, I guess.

For anyone that may need proof for those schumucks at Digital River that the figures are $15 each, here's the link to the Club Infinite Earths page on Matty.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .233873400

Don't even bother with the email. I tried to contact them via email about my problem and I got a canned response about checking my invoice and that the invoice is correct.

This was my experience as well. I hate repeating this, but I'd suggest everyone who's had a bad experience contact their Mattel Consumer Relations at 1-800-524-TOYS(8697) and file a complaint. Digital River's customer service isn't based here in the states, but overseas and Mexico(depending on when you call). Sounds like you and I had the same conversation and person bnj. A charge finally went through my checking account for $25.91 and not the $23.70. I hate assuming(makes a ass out of you and me), but is it possible tax in addition to the figure and shipping? I know I've always been hammered with taxes on any order I've made in the past. Something I am trying to work out is why my figure went from California to NV? Still can't track it via UPS or USPS and only through the Matty site. As I said before, this isn't a way to run a business and no amount of spin is going to fix this mess until they start handling things themselves or find a better company to handle their CC.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 am 

Yes, there is tax on my order as I live in NY and they never pass up an opportunity to take their cut.

I have no problem paying the tax (actually I do but that is an entirely different conversation) but DR REFUSED to tell me what the tax charge would be or to give me an itemized listing of what and how I am being charged.

I know tax in my area is 8% and on a $15 figure so that is $1.20. But I don't know if they are also charging me tax on the shipping (they shouldn't but possibly could be doing) which then changes it to: $15+ $8.70+ $1.90 = $25.60 and that is still not the total as reflected on my invoice nor what I was actually charged.

Like I said, unacceptable business practices.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 pm 
5" Scale

Don't misunderstand, I agree with you. Which is why I suggested calling that number I've provided twice in this thread. I feel if enough people call and put in a claim maybe, just maybe Matty will take notice. As far as DR CSR, I have to wonder if they have access to anything? Because it seems like you and I had similar experiences with the person basically reading off the same information that we already looked at before we called. Same with the automated responses to e-mail inquiries. I mean, geez, it never occurred to me to go the the website, click on the order history and look at the invoice there :roll: Which by the way still has the incorrect total and no pricing for the figure or shipping now. Hopefully when I get the package it will have everything tallied up correctly. In looking at my bank account it looks like my total charge was $25.91. Maybe if we're lucky Matty and Digital River will have their heads out of their 4 points of contact by then :evil:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:22 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

But I don't know if they are also charging me tax on the shipping (they shouldn't but possibly could be doing) .

Yes they do-- and have been for well over a year now-- I had issues with that before- but there alot of internet business that do this (as well as any of the chain stores that you buy from online)-- I dont agree with the practice and I still dont see how its legal (especially when they ship something USPS)--and the fact that if anyone should be collecting tax on it is Fed Ex or UPS (which there is a chance they now do and pass those costs onto their client )-- which are in turn passed on to us... I guess they figured since ebay starting doing it with there fees almost a year ago-- why shouldnt the retail stores get a cut of that action..

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:38 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I got an email this afternoon about the Jay refund. We'll see if it shows up on my card.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm 
5th Horseman

How, in ANY LANGUAGE, does this add up?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 pm 
5" Scale

I hear you Ted. I suck at math(case in point it was a $35 difference, not $25 as I originally posted :oops:), but even I can work that math out :|

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:11 pm 
An Insider

Has anyone that has gotten the email with the incorrect amounts listed still not been actually charged for Jay? I've been checking my statement twice daily and there is still not charge, correct or incorrect.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:35 am 
Excelsior!

I just got the canned email response that j1h15233 referred to in an earlier post.

The first thing I need to do is find the charge. My bank bought out and the transition took place this past weekend, including the CC that I had on this subscription. I have a weird charge that I have to check that might be a DR charge, but even with the wrong charge for Jay, doesn't quite add up.

I am sure that if DR charged a card that is no longer active, getting a refund has become that much more of a challenge. At this point, I'd take a $5 Mattel coupon and call it a day. In fact, I think I will post that at Ask Matty.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:00 am 
Aspires to be #1

Am I the only one that got the email about the refund? It was in reference to my original sub purchase which was charging me 20 for Jay instead of the 15. They said I should get a refund of 5.60 or something on my card.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:09 am 
Collector Inspector

The_Donster wrote:
Something I am trying to work out is why my figure went from California to NV?

The logistics company that handles the shipping has a hub in Sparks, Nev. Packages are routed through there.

stewbacca wrote:
I guess they figured since ebay starting doing it with there fees almost a year ago-- why shouldnt the retail stores get a cut of that action..

You're mixing up taxes and fees. EBay charges a fee on shipping because some sellers were charging a low price for items but overcharging for shipping in an effort to dodge eBay's fees.

Digital River collects taxes on behalf of state and federal governments. It is legally required to turn over those taxes to the appropriate government.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:50 am 
categorically opposed

j1h15233 wrote:
Am I the only one that got the email about the refund? It was in reference to my original sub purchase which was charging me 20 for Jay instead of the 15. They said I should get a refund of 5.60 or something on my card.

You're not the only one who's received it, but I'm still waiting on mine to be resolved. I'm pretty confident that I'll never hear back from Digital River's customer service so I'm hoping for that email sometime soon here.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:45 am 

Yeah, I got that email for a refund of $5.58.

I've redone the math on my sub figure (15 + 8.70 + 1.90 = 25.60) and determined that is what I SHOULD be paying for this.

Now, to recap:

I was CHARGED $31
after dealing with DR CS and not enjoying the experience I am getting a refund of $5.58

31 - 5.58 = 25.42.

Fine and done.
I'll take it.

Now back to the daily checks of my bank account looking to see if the refund actually goes through.

I really have to say it again, this shouldn't be this hard. Matty and DR have been at this for a few years now and they STILL can't seem to work the bugs out of what should be very basic systems by now.

This customer is losing faith in you Mattel. Do something to change my mind and do it now.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
I've had the standard response about the $5 difference, saying it will be refunded, as well as an answer to the query I put through customer services through their feedback form saying I will get the $5 refunded.

It's not showing on my card yet, but from experience it will probably take the standard 3-5 working days.

Updates to follow as they happen.

Jo
optimistic that they will have sorted it for June.
Blindly optimistic, maybe, but still optimistic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next