Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm 
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1284
...yes, yes...har har! if you have to but really - I like the design of the skirt, and was wondering if it could be removed from her body somehow without cutting it. I'm also dying to see how those new flat-footed legs connect to the standard female buck body.

So..anyone done it yet?

EDIT: Man, this reads like the creepiest thing ever...but honestly, I'm only asking to see what the customizing potential is!
:oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:23 pm 
User avatar
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1175
Location: Alexandria, VA
Try alcohol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 pm 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
BCYa wrote:
Try alcohol.

Yes couple glasses of Merlot should do the trick!









Sorry... couldn't resist!

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 am 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1965
Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I haven't seen any customs or anything about this, sorry DB. Oh and BTW, if people making jokes gets too annoying... you could maybe change the topic name to: "Customizing question about the JLU Gypsy?" or "JLU Character's Tunik/Skirt removal... customizing question?" or you could leave it the way it is. I'm not judging... nor am I laughing. I really got what you meant from the subject title, I just thought that you might want to adjust it so maybe there aren't more jokes or anything. ;)


D.

_________________
Coming soon, a DCAU Figure Reference Guide... pictures, stats, and more, coming soon to a website near you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:01 am 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 1975
Location: J Street
Pervs!

Anywoo...

There are only 4 female torsos in JLU (i.e. Standard, Polly Pocket, Wonder Woman & Hawkgirl.) Hers looks to be the standard version, so her legs should have the usual "v-cut". As for getting the skirt off... the boil & pop method works. But if you want to maintain the integrity of the skirt, remember to be gentle. The skirt will become gummy and could easily rip. Plus, I think there's also some glue (and/or paint) holding it in place.

_________________
Essential JLU:...1. Jax-Ur...2. Robin (Grayson)...3. Trickster...4. Power Girl...5. Spectre
...6. Chronos...7. Killer Croc w/BabyDoll...8. Felix Faust...9. Poison Ivy...10. Deathstroke
Bonus:...Starfire, Steppenwolf w/Desaad, the Joker's Jokerz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 am 
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1284
That's the thing - I don't actually have a Gypsy figure, but from the photos it does look like the skirt is glued in place. Was wondering if anyone - Cas, Stew or anyone else - had maybe figured out if her legs connected to the "V" torso. You'll recall that Toyguru said Mary Marvel's cuffed legs wouldn't work on a Black Canary figure because the "V" portion was different. We never saw a picture of that, so...yeah...was hoping to see a picture of Gyspy.

:? Siiiiigh. Even I'm finding this difficult to type without getting the wrong impression!

Quote:
BTW, if people making jokes gets too annoying... you could maybe change the topic name to: "Customizing question about the JLU Gypsy?" or "JLU Character's Tunik/Skirt removal... customizing question?" or you could leave it the way it is. I'm not judging... nor am I laughing. I really got what you meant from the subject title, I just thought that you might want to adjust it so maybe there aren't more jokes or anything.


Dusty, that is a terrific idea, and thank you for pointing it out. I will definitely use those terms in the future!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:23 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 1350
Q: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?

A: Bronze Tiger. Thank you, Justice League Task Force.

_________________
WHERE are my classic Freedom Fighter action figures?!? Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Doll Man and Firebrand!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:44 am 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 1975
Location: J Street
DisneyBoy wrote:
That's the thing - I don't actually have a Gypsy figure, but from the photos it does look like the skirt is glued in place.

I just answered that. There is some glue, but it can be removed using the boil and pop yank method.

DisneyBoy wrote:
Was wondering if anyone - Cas, Stew or anyone else - had maybe figured out if her legs connected to the "V" torso.

Getting tired of repeating myself. The answer is yes; but if you want them (and only them) to answer your questions, then email them.

DisneyBoy wrote:
You'll recall that Toyguru said Mary Marvel's cuffed legs wouldn't work on a Black Canary figure because the "V" portion was different.

That is incorrect. The thighs are "slimmer", but the "v" portion is the same.

Then again, what the "eff" do I know.

Image

_________________
Essential JLU:...1. Jax-Ur...2. Robin (Grayson)...3. Trickster...4. Power Girl...5. Spectre
...6. Chronos...7. Killer Croc w/BabyDoll...8. Felix Faust...9. Poison Ivy...10. Deathstroke
Bonus:...Starfire, Steppenwolf w/Desaad, the Joker's Jokerz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1588
OK wait. So these legs could have been used for Black Canary then? So what if they are slimmer? I fail to see why they couldn't have reused these parts.

...and there are actually 3 other female torsos in the JLU line - Giant Giganta, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman version 2. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm 
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1284
Quote:
Getting tired of repeating myself. The answer is yes; but if you want them (and only them) to answer your questions, then email them.


...! :| Um, Ricky, I was replying to your post, not ignoring you. See, you said "plus, I think there's also some glue (and/or paint) holding it in place" and I commented on that, agree with "from the photos it does look like the skirt is glued in place."

Thanks for posting that photo though - I never saw it. So okay, Mary's has the same "V" and her legs connect perfectly, they just shaved her thighs down. I suspect they didn't reuse those legs because they felt she wouldn't look "normal" next to the guys like that though...not that I'm going to make excuses for Mattel. They could have easily delivered the cuffed boots and that's pretty obvious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1588
DisneyBoy wrote:
I suspect they didn't reuse those legs because they felt she wouldn't look "normal" next to the guys like that though...not that I'm going to make excuses for Mattel.


Well if that was the case their concern over such things kicked in at the wrong time. I mean we got Sheyera with a giant "belly buckle" and we'll soon be getting Aquagirl with flesh colored heels :roll:
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 pm 
User avatar
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2673
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
Quote:
Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?

Yes, it sides off with some work.

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Static Shock, Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +198


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:22 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10206
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
whakojacko1976 wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:
I suspect they didn't reuse those legs because they felt she wouldn't look "normal" next to the guys like that though...not that I'm going to make excuses for Mattel.


Well if that was the case their concern over such things kicked in at the wrong time. I mean we got Sheyera with a giant "belly buckle" and we'll soon be getting Aquagirl with flesh colored heels :roll:
:lol:


I think the real reason those legs were never used was that there weren't any Black Canary figures released after those legs were made for Mary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am 
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1284
Ahhh...you're right. See, that's one of the issues that still bugs me with the JLU line: if they're preplanned things a bit, they'd have been fine...

Sculpting the boot cuffs for Canary might have meant a few extra bucks, but then they could have used them for Mary AND for Ice. Removing the buckle from the Shayera figure meant they could have reused her body for Big Barda (instead of the Tiny Barda we got). Sculpting flat feet for Livewire would mean they'd have them for Killer Frost, and Aquagirl...

But I know you guys know that already :D

Quote:
Yes, it sides off with some work.


Oooh, An-Gel please share a pic of the Gypsy sans skirt and one of the skirt itself. Wait, that's not how I... :shock: :roll: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1588
Jim_Abell wrote:

I think the real reason those legs were never used was that there weren't any Black Canary figures released after those legs were made for Mary.

Well yes obviously lol.
...but if they had decided to do another this would have been great. We could have had Power Girl too :(

DisneyBoy wrote:
Ahhh...you're right. See, that's one of the issues that still bugs me with the JLU line: if they're preplanned things a bit, they'd have been fine...


I really wish they had preplanned things like this out. I completely understand though that that is a lot easier said than done regardless of how we might see it.

*sigh*


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.045s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]