Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm 
shirtless hugger

...yes, yes...har har! if you have to but really - I like the design of the skirt, and was wondering if it could be removed from her body somehow without cutting it. I'm also dying to see how those new flat-footed legs connect to the standard female buck body.

So..anyone done it yet?

EDIT: Man, this reads like the creepiest thing ever...but honestly, I'm only asking to see what the customizing potential is!
:oops:

Post subject: Re: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:23 pm 
Displays Backwards

Try alcohol.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

BCYa wrote:
Try alcohol.

Yes couple glasses of Merlot should do the trick!

Sorry... couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I haven't seen any customs or anything about this, sorry DB. Oh and BTW, if people making jokes gets too annoying... you could maybe change the topic name to: "Customizing question about the JLU Gypsy?" or "JLU Character's Tunik/Skirt removal... customizing question?" or you could leave it the way it is. I'm not judging... nor am I laughing. I really got what you meant from the subject title, I just thought that you might want to adjust it so maybe there aren't more jokes or anything. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:01 am 
serves the Otter

Pervs!

Anywoo...

There are only 4 female torsos in JLU (i.e. Standard, Polly Pocket, Wonder Woman & Hawkgirl.) Hers looks to be the standard version, so her legs should have the usual "v-cut". As for getting the skirt off... the boil & pop method works. But if you want to maintain the integrity of the skirt, remember to be gentle. The skirt will become gummy and could easily rip. Plus, I think there's also some glue (and/or paint) holding it in place.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 am 
shirtless hugger

That's the thing - I don't actually have a Gypsy figure, but from the photos it does look like the skirt is glued in place. Was wondering if anyone - Cas, Stew or anyone else - had maybe figured out if her legs connected to the "V" torso. You'll recall that Toyguru said Mary Marvel's cuffed legs wouldn't work on a Black Canary figure because the "V" portion was different. We never saw a picture of that, so...yeah...was hoping to see a picture of Gyspy.

:? Siiiiigh. Even I'm finding this difficult to type without getting the wrong impression!

Quote:
BTW, if people making jokes gets too annoying... you could maybe change the topic name to: "Customizing question about the JLU Gypsy?" or "JLU Character's Tunik/Skirt removal... customizing question?" or you could leave it the way it is. I'm not judging... nor am I laughing. I really got what you meant from the subject title, I just thought that you might want to adjust it so maybe there aren't more jokes or anything.

Dusty, that is a terrific idea, and thank you for pointing it out. I will definitely use those terms in the future!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:23 am 
Collector Inspector

Q: Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?

A: Bronze Tiger. Thank you, Justice League Task Force.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:44 am 
serves the Otter

DisneyBoy wrote:
That's the thing - I don't actually have a Gypsy figure, but from the photos it does look like the skirt is glued in place.

I just answered that. There is some glue, but it can be removed using the boil and pop yank method.

DisneyBoy wrote:
Was wondering if anyone - Cas, Stew or anyone else - had maybe figured out if her legs connected to the "V" torso.

Getting tired of repeating myself. The answer is yes; but if you want them (and only them) to answer your questions, then email them.

DisneyBoy wrote:
You'll recall that Toyguru said Mary Marvel's cuffed legs wouldn't work on a Black Canary figure because the "V" portion was different.

That is incorrect. The thighs are "slimmer", but the "v" portion is the same.

Then again, what the "eff" do I know.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

OK wait. So these legs could have been used for Black Canary then? So what if they are slimmer? I fail to see why they couldn't have reused these parts.

...and there are actually 3 other female torsos in the JLU line - Giant Giganta, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman version 2. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm 
shirtless hugger

Quote:
Getting tired of repeating myself. The answer is yes; but if you want them (and only them) to answer your questions, then email them.

...! :| Um, Ricky, I was replying to your post, not ignoring you. See, you said "plus, I think there's also some glue (and/or paint) holding it in place" and I commented on that, agree with "from the photos it does look like the skirt is glued in place."

Thanks for posting that photo though - I never saw it. So okay, Mary's has the same "V" and her legs connect perfectly, they just shaved her thighs down. I suspect they didn't reuse those legs because they felt she wouldn't look "normal" next to the guys like that though...not that I'm going to make excuses for Mattel. They could have easily delivered the cuffed boots and that's pretty obvious.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DisneyBoy wrote:
I suspect they didn't reuse those legs because they felt she wouldn't look "normal" next to the guys like that though...not that I'm going to make excuses for Mattel.

Well if that was the case their concern over such things kicked in at the wrong time. I mean we got Sheyera with a giant "belly buckle" and we'll soon be getting Aquagirl with flesh colored heels :roll:
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Quote:
Has anyone gotten the skirt off Gypsy?

Yes, it sides off with some work.

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:22 am 
Loose, Missing Package

whakojacko1976 wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:
I suspect they didn't reuse those legs because they felt she wouldn't look "normal" next to the guys like that though...not that I'm going to make excuses for Mattel.

Well if that was the case their concern over such things kicked in at the wrong time. I mean we got Sheyera with a giant "belly buckle" and we'll soon be getting Aquagirl with flesh colored heels :roll:
:lol:

I think the real reason those legs were never used was that there weren't any Black Canary figures released after those legs were made for Mary.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am 
shirtless hugger

Ahhh...you're right. See, that's one of the issues that still bugs me with the JLU line: if they're preplanned things a bit, they'd have been fine...

Sculpting the boot cuffs for Canary might have meant a few extra bucks, but then they could have used them for Mary AND for Ice. Removing the buckle from the Shayera figure meant they could have reused her body for Big Barda (instead of the Tiny Barda we got). Sculpting flat feet for Livewire would mean they'd have them for Killer Frost, and Aquagirl...

But I know you guys know that already :D

Quote:
Yes, it sides off with some work.

Oooh, An-Gel please share a pic of the Gypsy sans skirt and one of the skirt itself. Wait, that's not how I... :shock: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Jim_Abell wrote:

I think the real reason those legs were never used was that there weren't any Black Canary figures released after those legs were made for Mary.

Well yes obviously lol.
...but if they had decided to do another this would have been great. We could have had Power Girl too :(

DisneyBoy wrote:
Ahhh...you're right. See, that's one of the issues that still bugs me with the JLU line: if they're preplanned things a bit, they'd have been fine...

I really wish they had preplanned things like this out. I completely understand though that that is a lot easier said than done regardless of how we might see it.

*sigh*