Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "ASK MATTY" Q&A Question thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm 
Daniel Pickett

OriginalRanger wrote:
I apologize ahead if this has been answered. With the new Young Justice series being a huge hit has there been any change in the cancelation of the line. Also is there any plan to release the Invasion figures that have been shown (Mr. Freeze, Hal Jordan, Artemis, red/green arrows, batgirl) ?

No. There's currently no reprieve for YJ. The retailers cancelled their orders, that's what lead to the cancellation of the line.

The last 4" figures on the schedule are: Superman, Green Lantern, Artemis and Robin.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

JuliusMarx wrote:
OriginalRanger wrote:
I apologize ahead if this has been answered. With the new Young Justice series being a huge hit has there been any change in the cancelation of the line. Also is there any plan to release the Invasion figures that have been shown (Mr. Freeze, Hal Jordan, Artemis, red/green arrows, batgirl) ?

No. There's currently no reprieve for YJ. The retailers cancelled their orders, that's what lead to the cancellation of the line.

The last 4" figures on the schedule are: Superman, Green Lantern, Artemis and Robin.

There was a question in there about the DCUC 2 packs, are we definitely still getting the Batman/Red Azbats set and the GL set?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:19 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

HI i want to ask if the Batman Legacy line is also cancelled or you gonna make more figures?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

leolao wrote:
HI i want to ask if the Batman Legacy line is also cancelled or you gonna make more figures?

They've been saying that it was going to continue, but in the last Q&A it was said that the line would come back in '13 to make way for The Dark Knight Rises and Power Attack Batman lines this year (both should be on shelves in full-force next week).

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:48 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

The SDCC 2011 Mattel/DC panel showed a pic of a Hawkman for the Fisher Price Hero World line. When will this be released, or are there no plans to release it?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:53 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Has Monster High ever been considered for MattyCollector offerings? I would think that the site would be a great way to release more of the male characters and school faculty in numbers that could satisfy collectors without the danger of clogging retail shelves with less-desirable-to-kids characters.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:36 pm 
An Insider

What in the world is going on with the initial orders for the DC sub? This is a Q that I think needs to be A'd right way.

to be more specific, here is the email I sent to your 'customer service' at Digital River:

Quote:
To Whom it may concern:

I have been charged too much for the DC Infinite Earths Subscription 'Jay Garrick' figure. I was charged 24.64 when it should have been 23.70.

Also, the item was listed as a 'bank transaction/atm charge' and not an actual charge on my credit card. I would like this to be a credit charge.

Furthermore, I received an email with incorrect math that stated: $15 + $8.70(shipping) = $56.52

Finally, the actually order for the individual figure does not appear in my order history.

This is only the first figure in the subscription, and my confidence in your product is hanging by a thread. If this is not corrected, and anything like this happens again, I will want to cancel my subscription and I will not be subscribing for this in the future.

Thank you
-Z.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:23 pm 
active in the community

Has there ever been any talk about a JLU club? I think this would work and be reasonably inexpensive. (Due to the fact that most molds could be reused)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Sorry ausbot, I know you are new, so I will try to answer this nicely before you get a hammer upside the head or accidentally start another 32 threads debating the merits of "what could've been"

JLU just doesn't sell online. Period. We love it. Rabidly. But not enough of us are willing to buy it al the prices necessary to maintain its presence online.

Matty has tried, several times and in several different formats, but it has just NEVER SOLD ENOUGH UNITS TO BE PROFITABLE.

So, no, a JLU club just isn't something Matty will talk about, it isn't something they will consider, and it isn't anything we have enough control to make happen.

It is beyond amazing that we are getting the final 6 3packs this year. It is truly a bow to the fans and a huge thank you (as far as I am concerned) that they are willing to go back and add Dr. Destiny and Firefly into the mix.

But that is it.
The fat lady has sung.

Turn out the lights.
Its time to go home.

It was an amazing ride, I hope you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

DCUC: While I know you can't say which figures are coming, is it possible that you can speak about how figures would be made should they get released?

If you were to make a disco collar/Perez era Nightwing, would it be made on the older male teen buck used in the Legion set and on Kamandi? I'm not asking if the figure is being made, just that if it were to be, would you use that buck for it? (that buck would be the correct one for the character in that look as he should be the same size as the wave 16 Robin just in a different costume)

I feel with the backlash over the DC Sub Rocket Red buck usage, it would really be appreciated if you listened to fans when choosing what bucks would be preferred for certain characters. A character that is made using the wrong sized buck isn't worth making IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:55 am 
Daniel Pickett

Anyone have any new questions for the next round of Ask Matty?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:23 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Status of:

Hawkman? (Fisher Price/DC Super Friends/Hero World)

I'm curious if that's still gonna show up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:11 pm 
MINT!

While I am excited about the Infinite Earths subscription line and look forward to getting a new DC Universe six inch figure delivered to my door every month, one drawback this system seems to have, as opposed to retail, is the lack of variant figures, such as Cheetah and Sinestro in DCUC. With the long and rich history of the DC Universe, characters have gone through a variety of costume changes, and what is "iconic" to one person might not be to someone else. Have you considered a way to include variants in the Infinite Earths line? Since, I'm assuming you'd want to make them limited and thus increase their desirability, perhaps this could be an option available only to subscribers (and thus another incentive to subscribe)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 pm 
Wonderdog

JuliusMarx wrote:
Anyone have any new questions for the next round of Ask Matty?

Matty has told us that the final wave of Young Justice 4-inch figures (Superman, Robin, Green Lantern, Artemis) was released and should be out there, but so far, to the best of my knowledge, nobody has spotted it. Is there any way to find out which retailers will be getting these figures? (I'd really like to add that Superman and Green Lantern to my collection. Based on the review figures we saw a while back, Superman and Green Lantern were particularly well done!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:45 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Dear Mattel

Why do you continue to insist that a toy line must either be for "Moms and Kids" OR for "Collectors"? Why can't a toy line be for both simultaneously?

Your Competitors seem to understand how to create an action figure line that is desirable for both the "moms and kids" group AS WELL AS "collectors".

It seems to me that your constant efforts to segment your market into groups ultimately cuts into the potential sales of each line causing (among other factors) premature line death (I'm looking at you Young Justice).

I hate the notion, that you have kinda-sorta alluded to in past QnA's that retail will always be for the "moms and kids" audience ONLY and that as an Adult Collector I need to buy from Mattycollector.com ONLY.

Thanks
A dis-enfranchised fan

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 121  Next