Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:29 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I just got another email about the refund stating that it will take 7-10 business days to process.

Seriously?!?
WTF?!?

7-10 business days is only acceptable if they are cutting me a hand written check and shipping via USPS. No way no how in this digital age is 7-10 business days acceptable.

I'm just at the point now I want to have nothing to do with Matty, their products, or Digital River.

They just aren't worth the hassle and frustration at this point. Which sucks because all I really want are DC action figures.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:40 am 
categorically opposed

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I just got another email about the refund stating that it will take 7-10 business days to process.

Seriously?!?
WTF?!?

7-10 business days is only acceptable if they are cutting me a hand written check and shipping via USPS. No way no how in this digital age is 7-10 business days acceptable.

It's probably just a worst-case timeframe. I worked customer service in college, and we used to give those timeframes out like crazy, even though the issue was always resolved in half the time.

Don't get worked up about the time yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:57 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

Seriously?!?
WTF?!?

It's probably just a worst-case timeframe. I worked customer service in college, and we used to give those timeframes out like crazy, even though the issue was always resolved in half the time.

Don't get worked up about the time yet.

Companies always say things like that so when it shows up in 3 days you're happier. It's like waiting for a table at a restaurant. They'll tell you 45 min and then seat you in 20 so you'll feel good about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 am 
Hat Pooper

Everyone that is getting these extra charges on their invoices, is it just people that subscribed?

I never bought into the subscription and ordered DCUC Jay and I didn't get any extra charges.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 am 
Aspires to be #1

jediblood wrote:
Everyone that is getting these extra charges on their invoices, is it just people that subscribed?

I never bought into the subscription and ordered DCUC Jay and I didn't get any extra charges.

Apparently what happened, is that DR sent out invoices from the day that you ordered the sub so anything else you ordered that day is also part of your total on your invoice, instead of showing us only the total we owed for Jay. Also, the figures for the sub were originally 20 dollars but the price got lowered to 15 dollars later and they never made the change so everyone who ordered a sub before the price decrease was charged 20 dollars and is now being issued a refund of 5 dollars. It was a complete mess that they had a year to straighten out.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:38 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

GregNYC wrote:

stewbacca wrote:
I guess they figured since ebay starting doing it with there fees almost a year ago-- why shouldnt the retail stores get a cut of that action..

You're mixing up taxes and fees. EBay charges a fee on shipping because some sellers were charging a low price for items but overcharging for shipping in an effort to dodge eBay's fees.
Digital River collects taxes on behalf of state and federal governments. It is legally required to turn over those taxes to the appropriate government.

No -- I understood the difference-- I was being sarcastic--

ButTo your point-- the US Post office does not collect tax on my purchases there --there is no tax paid on postage by any other non shipping company -- why is digital river allowed to- unless they are collecting more than the postage is and thus working it into their price as profit-not as actualy shipping costs- theroretically making me pay tax on a handling fee service they are providing- it should be 100% unallowable-- but its not worth the amount of hoops I would have to go through to get it back...

-

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:09 pm 
categorically opposed

Well, I called Matty about 6-8 weeks ago to change the addresses on my subscriptions because I bought a house and was moving. They changed my MotUC address...

...but, apparently, not my DCUC address. Luckily, the old address is my parents', so the box isn't lost. I also nticed that, even though I bought all three subs - DCUC, MotUC, and the 30th Anniversary - on the same card, the DC one is being charged to a totally different card.

Which means, if I were to get the address fixed, they still wouldn't combine shipping - at least not without me putting up a fight, and God only knows what will happen at that point. So I think I'm just gonna leave well enough alone and collect the DC packages from my parents' house every month.

They need to put that "My Subscriptions" section back up on Matty so we can handle this sh-t ourselves. Clearly, Digital River's customer service department must be a front for drug traffickers or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:32 pm 
An Insider

I've got a charge for 24.64. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate? I was thinking 23.70.

Also, the transaction was listed as an atm/cash advance/bank transaction, and not a charge. This will not please the Mrs.

aaand, the order is not showing up in the order history.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm 
Aspires to be #1

zaxilla2 wrote:
I've got a charge for 24.64. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate? I was thinking 23.70.

Also, the transaction was listed as an atm/cash advance/bank transaction, and not a charge. This will not please the Mrs.

aaand, the order is not showing up in the order history.

Do you have the sub order in your order history? That's all I have on mine, nothing specific for Jay. And the price difference might be taxes.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:20 pm 
5" Scale

Hey Mo, not sure if it will do any good, but mine is showing the my subscription order. Just click on the edit payment method and this should bring you to a place that shows where to update the credit card and on the right handside should be a list of your existing credit cards you've used. Hope that makes sense for you. My Jay should be here tomorrow(fingers crossed).

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:31 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I just have to pile on to this.

I go the same back asswards invoice- my tracking number appears to be tracking my masters of the universe subscription, my masters tracking # appears to be tracking my flash, and on top of all that I was only charged 21.90! how in the hell does that even break down?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 pm 
shirtless hugger

When I got the e-mail that Jay was shipping it listed it as:

$15.00 Jay
$15.00 Jay
$14.95 Shipping
$224.95 Total

So, no biggie, it's just the total from all my subs combined.

But then, the two Jays arrived today and were packed with an invoice that lists the two Jays at $15 each, so $30, but the Invoice sub-total is inexplicably $70 before the $11.96 shipping.

There's no charge on my card yet so I don't know if I was charged correctly ($41.96) or the $81.96 the invoice says. I also for the life of me can't figure out where the extra $40 would come from.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:45 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
$5 refund is now showing on my card.

To be honest, DR's customer service has been pretty quick for me - I sent them one message through their contact link and it was resolved.

As my previous job was handling complaints, I would recommend that people do make a formal complaint if they haven't already. I'm not talking demanding compensation or a written apology or anything silly like that, but do follow their complaints procedure and make sure it's logged as an "expression of dissatisfaction" or whatever their internal equivalent is.

State your point clearly, concisely and factually and don't write angrily or personally - you're informing them of the error so that it can be prevented from happening again. Don't expect a personalised response, what we're looking to do is for the managers within DR and Mattycollector to see on their next report "we had X complaints about this issue."

Jo
Glad that he's a benefits advisor now and don't need to deal with complaints ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:36 am 
5" Scale

some how I only got charged $18.45 for my Jay + ship, no clue what happened there

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:59 am 
Resin

I got charged $19.02 total for mine, I'm not complaining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next