Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Wal-Mart UPC's leake
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:04 pm 
Cold-cast

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Well, per Matty's SDCC Voucher Pre-sale we now know that the SDCC exclusive is what they are calling the "Bruce Wayne to Batman™ The Dark Knight Rises™ Movie Masters® Figure". Still no pics.

and no price and the voucher is in 5 days. Didn't they say something about lights and sounds, how do you get that with a change in clothing.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:13 pm 
Cold-cast

I strongly believe that there is no variant catwoman figure just one figure package displayed differently i.e packaged goggles up and packaged goggles down like they have done in the past with SDCC MOTUC/DCUC and will be doing at sdcc this year with their MOTUC item. Look at this image and also read Van's comments the gogles move. So there are no variants just a packaging display thing. So we know there is a batman, alfred, Bane, Catwoman, Ras 'a Ghul, and Blake. We know there will be a coatless Bain but it will have the same UPC as Coat bane and be part of another case revision, so no variant there either. I for one i am glad they did this this way. I was lucky to find a maskless variant last time but never found or saw the fear toxin.

http://comics-x-aminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TDK2.jpg

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:25 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Those goggles are arranged different, if you slide those down as they are they would be on her face backwards. And I haven't been able to get my goggles up that far for fear of breaking them. Maybe I'll play around with her this weekend, I really only bought her for the c-n-c part.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 pm 
Cold-cast

Van Statten wrote:
In this week's Target ad there is a 5-pack of figures for $26.99 and Catwoman is in this pack!

I don't mean to offend van but this looks sketchy. I looked at the online ad flyer this page is not there also looked at flyers online from a couple of cities east and west coast nothing. do you have a better photo? Any numbers or codes in the text?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:38 pm 

Are you frigging kidding me, as if I'm going to make this up? :lol: No I don't have the flier because there's no reason to keep it.

I don't have it but you can see them on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TARGET-EXCLUSIV ... 2c659f9618

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pack-Batman-D ... 4ab7edafb8

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:43 pm 
Cold-cast

Van Statten wrote:
Are you frigging kidding me, as if I'm going to make this up? :lol: No I don't have the flier because there's no reason to keep it.

I don't have it but you can see them on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TARGET-EXCLUSIV ... 2c659f9618

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pack-Batman-D ... 4ab7edafb8

So sorry van, really did not mean to offend, i was going to delete the post but you had already replied.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:44 pm 

It's cool! Honest! We're all good! 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 pm 

And to be honest, if it wasn't me... that inclusion of Batman Begins Bruce Wayne makes it sort of tacky in my opinion. Like something I'd see a Chinese Flea Market knockoff.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Zim wrote:
Van Statten wrote:
In this week's Target ad there is a 5-pack of figures for $26.99 and Catwoman is in this pack!

I don't mean to offend van but this looks sketchy. I looked at the online ad flyer this page is not there also looked at flyers online from a couple of cities east and west coast nothing. do you have a better photo? Any numbers or codes in the text?

It came in the mail in a Target "Summer sales" booklet. I picked it up today at the Spring Valley store. The DPCI is in the booklet. 087060434

If thet release that Bruce Wayne as a single. I'll pick a few up for head swaps. 1 with Batman for a maskless Batman. I did it with the 4" TDK figure, but had to glue the head on. This new one looks like it'll be a simple head swap keeping moviement. Then I'll swap one with a Star Wars figure for a Ra's Al Ghul.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Here's loose Pics of the Target exclusive 4" 5-Pack

4" Bruce Wayne -

4" Catwoman - I have to touch up the paint on her nose, but the one in my display set is perfect.

4" Stealth Vision Batman -

4" Bane - He's the same figure (paint job) that came in the Quick Tek line that I picked up the other day.

Custom 4" TDK Unmasked Batman -

4" TDK & DKR Figures -

Last edited by PJ on Sat May 26, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Why can't these have knee articulation? Why must the paint be so bad? I just don't understand what Mattel is thinking with these 4" figures. I found these today at TRU (no Catwoman), and I appreciate that they're bare-bones and reasonably cheap. But they're TOO cheap. People said DCIH was a Happy-Meal line? *These* are HM toys.

I would love to be giving Mattel my money for some cool DKR stuff. Instead... I walked out without a twinge of guilt or longing.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

As far as the DKR 4" figures go with the exception of Bane and Catwoman they do have knee articulation. I can see why Catwoman doesn't because her limbs are too thin so it would be frail/weak. But I wish they had ball-jointed shoulders. That is a POA I think all figures should have. Elbows would have been nice as well. That or at least give the arms a slight bend so they don't look as stiff.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:55 am 
An Insider

New video posted of the SDCC Bruce Wayne figure. Check it out here.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:58 am 

That's nice! I saw that Bruce Wayne on eBay but I had no clue what it was and it was coming from the shadiest Chinese Seller I have ever dealt with so I passed up on it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:48 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

the SDCC Bruce to Batman looks great.

I ordered the MM Batman vs Bane 2-Pack from TRU.com this morning. Also I picked up another MM Bane today at Target and when I went to remove his coat to show my daughter the scar on his back (she asked where his tubes were) I found out they painted the back on this one unlike the first one picked up at TRU this past week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next