Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only adult male on here... (Monster High thread
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:44 am 
We're going streaking!

monitor_ep wrote:
Yeah I got ahold of the Werecats twins today at TRU.

Congrats! I still have yet to see this in stores.

And my daughter was not impressed by empty box Invisi Billy.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 pm 
shirtless hugger

We are safe from Invisi-Billy. The SDCC Pre-Voucher page listed Scarah Screams as the exclusive.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Went on a toy run yesterday with a friend and the last Target we hit had just put out a full case of the new create-a-monster sets. She was thrilled to get the two new packs (it was killing her on the drive home waiting to put together the gargoyle) and I grabbed the lone "old" pack with the vampire and sea monster parts *but* the great part is this "old" pack now has two torsos in it! (Case breakdown: 2 werecat/witch, 1 gargoyle/vampire, 1 vampire/sea monster) Here's hoping there's a different mix on the way with the werewolf/dragon set with two torsos...

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
We are safe from Invisi-Billy. The SDCC Pre-Voucher page listed Scarah Screams as the exclusive.

Yep... Now I have to break it to my "nieces" that Scarah is the con exclusive and may be impossible to get for reasonable price...

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:17 am 
We're going streaking!

I jumped on the SDCC Mattel List for two Sarah Screams. At least, in the opinion of my daughter and myself, she was not the best of the three that were voted on at last year's SDCC. Doesn't mean my daughter doesn't want her though!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:32 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

TRDouble wrote:
I jumped on the SDCC Mattel List for two Sarah Screams. At least, in the opinion of my daughter and myself, she was not the best of the three that were voted on at last year's SDCC. Doesn't mean my daughter doesn't want her though!

I never even heard of these until you asked me to help you with that TRU set for your daughter. Funny thing is Elizabeth knew about them even though she doesn't have or want any.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:43 am 
We're going streaking!

PJ wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

I never even heard of these until you asked me to help you with that TRU set for your daughter. Funny thing is Elizabeth knew about them even though she doesn't have or want any.

Be grateful! Especially around Christmas, when these things get really tough to find.

I admit that I have only had issues with the exclusives. I have found everything else at retail.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It kind of sucks, because I guess it started sometime last year when she was 12 she said she was too old for toys. Now she's embarrassed to even be seen in a toy aisle let alone toy store. I don't get it I mean I'm 45 and still love toys. lol

Oh did you happen to find the Bat-Copter with the information I gave you or do you want e to still keep my eyes peeled for another?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:18 pm 
We're going streaking!

PJ wrote:
It kind of sucks, because I guess it started sometime last year when she was 12 she said she was too old for toys. Now she's embarrassed to even be seen in a toy aisle let alone toy store. I don't get it I mean I'm 45 and still love toys. lol

My oldest was done with toys early, for the most part, and is more into digital entertainment, but she doesn't mind helping me look. She does like the POP DC Heroes and she did ask for Playmobil stuff last Christmas, so you never know.

My youngest is my toy girl and I think she will just "collect" when she feels like she may be too old for toys. And Monster High is similar enough to my stuff in the way they are always releasing new characters and the backgrounds.

PJ wrote:
Oh did you happen to find the Bat-Copter with the information I gave you or do you want e to still keep my eyes peeled for another?

I've barely had a chance to properly look. The last month or so has been a whirlwind of activity! I may take a look tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm 
5th Horseman

Jim_Abell wrote:
Went on a toy run yesterday with a friend and the last Target we hit had just put out a full case of the new create-a-monster sets. She was thrilled to get the two new packs (it was killing her on the drive home waiting to put together the gargoyle) and I grabbed the lone "old" pack with the vampire and sea monster parts *but* the great part is this "old" pack now has two torsos in it! (Case breakdown: 2 werecat/witch, 1 gargoyle/vampire, 1 vampire/sea monster) Here's hoping there's a different mix on the way with the werewolf/dragon set with two torsos...

NoisyDvL5 wrote:

Yep... Now I have to break it to my "nieces" that Scarah is the con exclusive and may be impossible to get for reasonable price...

I'm baffled, I thought Sarah WON the poll, with Arachne in a close 2nd and the Headmistress in a close 3rd! I totally thought that Sarah would be at retail. And am I the only one that thinks she needs a better last name? McWhalen would do it for me! :-D.

Someone mentioned that the reissues of the 1st wave create a monster starter packs have 2 torsos now! Is that true? Are they hidden in the box? I've found dozens of them all over SoCal today, but they all only have one torso. :-/

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:55 am 
Loose, Missing Package

AnimateTed wrote:
Someone mentioned that the reissues of the 1st wave create a monster starter packs have 2 torsos now! Is that true? Are they hidden in the box? I've found dozens of them all over SoCal today, but they all only have one torso. :-/

I haven't seen the werewolf/dragon set with two torsos but I've got the vampire/sea monster set with two. You must be finding remnants of old cases or perhaps there was a running change to the newer cases. I'll try to take a pic of my set and post it later today. I'll see if there's a date code on it, too.

EDIT: Someone posted pics on the .org (scroll down to post #1499)... http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... igh/page60

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:58 am 
We're going streaking!

That's cool about the Create-a-Monsters. My daughters really hasn't gotten into them though. I think she prefers the already made ones. Kids today and their lack of creativity and imagination :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:15 pm 
5th Horseman

That is so awesome. I would buy a second set, just to get those two extra bodies!!! I love that witch/cat set! Has anyone seen the new expansions?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Now if they'd only do that (and add the upper legs and arms) to the expansion packs, I doubt many people would be put off a slightly higher price tag if it meant getting one complete doll. Did find an excellent blog about using standard doll bodies for CAM parts... http://paintedplasticsmiles.blogspot.co ... ts-on.html (now to find someone to airbrush the donor bodies the proper colors...)

Haven't heard of any sightings of the new packs and the only sets on eBay right now are pre-orders.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:22 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I wish Mattel would make a Green Lantern outfit for these. I would make all the create-a-monsters and put GL uniforms on them. Have any of you seen anyone who makes custom clothes for these (at a high level/that look really good)?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:18 am 
Loose, Missing Package

xrmc20 wrote:
I wish Mattel would make a Green Lantern outfit for these. I would make all the create-a-monsters and put GL uniforms on them. Have any of you seen anyone who makes custom clothes for these (at a high level/that look really good)?

Just search "Monster High Custom" on eBay and Etsy and you'll get lots of pages with custom dolls and outfits, even cast resin shoes and torsos. I've got a friend who has been making clothes for her daughters' dolls at various levels of complexity. The last one I saw was pretty impressive (a white "leather" jacket for Jackson), she even made a pretty impressive torso and upper limbs out of fabric for the three-eyed ghoul expansion pack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next